What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeo

Shire Panther

Juniors
Kid is going great guns at the moment, doing a great job standing in for Jamal. He is a big unit aswell 6'3, 100 odd kgs and only 19 so still has some growing.

How long is he under contract for?

mxlegend99

Referee
But he's not a centre... ;-)

Those guys who bagged him deadset need to admit they were wrong. We are undefeated with him in the team. Has been a very strong defender and is even looking pretty dangerous in attack.

chrisD

Coach

Those guys who bagged him deadset need to admit they were wrong. We are undefeated with him in the team. Has been a very strong defender and is even looking pretty dangerous in attack.

Lol he's not a centre any more than Brown.

murraymob

Coach
who cares we are winning.There are several on here who regardless of how well Yeo and Brown play will never give them credit.It funny season begining i got his nines jersey and am glad i did as he is a first grader with a long future ahead

Thirsty Panther

Juniors

He is doing a very nice impersonation of one thou. Good to see the young guys getting a chance to show their talent.

We have plenty of second-rowers at the moment so it good that he is able to play centre for us. Otherwise he would have to wait a season or two before seeing first grade.

With Irdris out indefinitely who knows how long he will have to play there.

chrisD

Coach
He is doing a very nice impersonation of one thou. Good to see the young guys getting a chance to show their talent.

We have plenty of second-rowers at the moment so it good that he is able to play centre for us. Otherwise he would have to wait a season or two before seeing first grade.

With Irdris out indefinitely who knows how long he will have to play there.
No you're missing the point, he actually thinks Yeo is a centre and that he's getting one over me because Yeo is playing there for the moment and not falling on his face.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
He's not the fastest putting the ball through the hands during backline moves, but he's doing well, so good luck to him. He's destined to be a forward though; would love to see Blake get a shot at some stage, depending on his defense, that is.

betcats

Referee
Think he was an outside back when he was younger but he will be a backrower hes already played there for us off the bench. Hes doing very good at centre aswell.

chrisD

Coach
I expect they'll persist with Yeo or Idris if he comes back and start next season with hopefully a fit Jennings there.

GongPanther

Referee
Why is it when a big backline player comes on the scene,and all of a sudden they are destined for the back-row?

Keep him in the centers so we have another "Penguin" on our books. :)

Pomoz

Bench
Mark Mcgaw ?
Did you ever see Mark McGaw play for the Panthers? I strongly hope that Yeo never plays that bad. All flowing locks and shoulder pads, was Mark McGaw. When the whips were cracking he was too busy posing in the mirror with Matt Adamson to see who had the best body. A huge disappointment right up there with Trevor "the pocket penknife" Gilmeister, formerly known as the "axe". He left his axe at the Broncos along with the sharpener.

Panther's fans have long memories......

Nealo 12

Bench
Did you ever see Mark McGaw play for the Panthers? I strongly hope that Yeo never plays that bad. All flowing locks and shoulder pads, was Mark McGaw. When the whips were cracking he was too busy posing in the mirror with Matt Adamson to see who had the best body. A huge disappointment right up there with Trevor "the pocket penknife" Gilmeister, formerly known as the "axe". He left his axe at the Broncos along with the sharpener.

Panther's fans have long memories......

Spot on Pomoz...there is a long list of high profile players that have taken the cash at Penrith and not performed, Luckily for us Soward wont be one of them.

That could be a great thread starter, players that wore our colours but never put in !

Pomoz

Bench
I think it has very old English origins ?
Spot on. As per Wikipedia "Yeo is an English surname, derived from the word "yeoman". Yeoman isn't derived from Latin or French but inter alia refers to a class of English society. It has featured in Shakespeare and Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales (circa late 1400s). It would seem young Yeo has an ancient surname!

franklin2323

Immortal

He's not. Long term anyway runs great lines perfect to run off the halves in the backrow. I said it last year when he was in NYC he runs the best lines I have seen. Doesn't have the ball skills enough for centres long term. Though great in defence and good speed better then a few others we could of played there

franklin2323

Immortal
Why is it when a big backline player comes on the scene,and all of a sudden they are destined for the back-row?

Keep him in the centers so we have another "Penguin" on our books. :)

Depends on the player. I think Mansour is wasted on the wing and he doesn't have the ball skills and possibly defence to be in Centre. Backrow does the trick. Yeo runs great lines good in defence but hasn't shown the ball skills required for a centre (I am talking NYC aswell). Whereas Inglis size wise could be a backrower but has all the attributes for a back