What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yoohoo, Roosters.....

e1ectroniCa

Juniors
:D

After crossing for more tries in two NSW Cup games than Sydney Roosters have all season, Glen Fisiiahi is in line to play fullback for the Warriors against the Tricolours on Saturday night.
If you think Billy Slater's eight-try haul in the opening four premiership rounds is impressive, Fisiiahi has scored nine tries in the past two weeks - including six against Wests Magpies.
Remarkably, the 21-year-old also had three tries disallowed in that match and then backed up to score a hat-trick against Manly last Saturday.
With an injury cloud over star fullback Kevin Locke, Warriors coach Brian McClennan confirmed that Fisiiahi was on standby to play against the Roosters at Allianz Stadium.
''He is an amazing athlete,'' McClennan said.
''We watched him live on the weekend where he scored three tries and we watched a DVD of the week before when he scored six. He appears to be getting faster, which is scary. I would say he is the quickest in the club. If Kevin is out then the job is Glen's without a doubt. He is definitely on standby this week.''
Having signed with the Warriors until 2015, Fisiiahi is prepared to bide his time behind Locke or move to the wing if necessary. ''I prefer fullback but I would be happy to play any position if 'Bluey' [McClennan] calls me up,'' Fisiiahi said.
''All I can do is just keep playing consistently and improving on my game and hopefully when an opportunity comes I will make the most of it.''
Asked about his six tries against the Magpies, Fisiiahi said: ''I don't know what to say, I couldn't really believe it myself. I was thinking back to when I was a kid and I think the most I scored was about three. I was happy when I got to three and then when I got to four ...''
Described by Warriors officials as a great support player who seems to have a ''sixth sense'' for being in the right position to score a try, Fisiiahi said the Auckland Vulcans forwards deserved credit for his feats.
''That is where I get all of my tries from - running off the forwards,'' he said. ''I am an opportunist and I just try to make the most of my chances when they pop up. When I score I usually turn around and give the forwards high-fives and thank them for hooking me up with the try. It is my way of giving back for the hard work they do.''
McClennan said while he was happy with the way Locke was playing, Fisiiahi would come under consideration for an NRL call-up if he maintained his form.

''Kevin has been going pretty well defensively and attacking he is getting better at working within the structure we have got at the moment, but having said that there is a lot of pressure being put on by Glen,'' McClennan said.
''He has just got to get a whole string of games together consistently and he is doing that so he is putting his hand up. That is what we want and his chance is going to come pretty soon I would think.''

Here he comes..

NrlCoach

Juniors
lock will play.. Titans, Eels, Rooster should be going after this kid. inb4 he's contracted..contracts dont mean shit these days

On current form Fisiiahi should be on the wing ahead of Manu even if Locke does play. He is probably just as potent a try scorer and surely he can't make as many mistakes. They say his defence is an issue, but you don't need to defend that much if you don't turn the ball over constantly, and that's what Manu has been doing. I love the Beast but at some point he his good touches have to start outweighing his bad ones and so far this year they haven't.

Grapple

Bench
Dump Manu and put Fish' on the wing and bring back Hurrell instead of Ropati. What a backline they could have....

e1ectroniCa

Juniors
Scoring trys not at an NRL level > slater?

Okay

At what point did anyone say that? :p

I have respect for all clubs talented juniors, this one is ours and we're about to use him. I'm excited, and I'm sure lots of other clubs supporters are also curious to see how he goes.

This guy is a star. Trust me. Billy started in the juniors too remember. Slater is the best player I've ever seen, but this isn't even about him......

Ram Man

Juniors
I wouldnt get too carried away by claiming he scored plenty agaisnt Wests...they have had Cricket scores racked up against them most weeks so far....but good luck to the kid anyway

Latest posts