What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

you CAN do it

joshie

Live Update Team
If i can do it, you can do it! It is not impossible and is very rewarding. This was my journey:

In mid 2009 i weighed in at 149kgs, standing 189 cms tall and I was 16. I had fallen into the " i am never going to do it, so what does it matter?" this was a hard thing to swallow. i could barley look in the mirror anymore, it hurt me way too much. I was bullied regularly and thought that maybe rugby league would help me vent. I began training in League immediately.

end of 2009: Before i knew it, i had dropped down to 125kgs, through simply training. It was amazing and believe it or not, i felt so light. I was getting confidence and it was a major break through for me, but there was much harder times to come.

in mid 2010: half way through the year, and after an excat year of training I had dropped again and was now weighing in at 118kgs, stood at 192cms tall and was 17. My goal was to look good for formal and i thought i would get there and look like a greek god haha! but i was happier with myself. By this time, football was not the only sport i was playing, i was heavily into touch, running after school and boxing at school.

by graduation in late 2010 i weighed 116kgs. My confidence took a hit and it kind of hurt that i was struggling to drop kilos. I from that day decided an insane work out consisting of the gym, sports and causal running was the go.

mid 2011: by mid way in 2011, i was 109kgs, 194cm tall and was now 18. Alcohol and being able to go out started coming into my life which made it hard to keep up with schedule. but as a binge drinker, i didnt do too much drining often. i was now into using the gym, doing all sorts of sports and helping young kids in my position of 2009 start their journey.

RIGHT NOW: now i weigh in at 98kgs, stand at 197cm tall and am turning 19 this Wednesday! I am so happy with how i look and what i have achieved. i thought i could never do it but i am now in the position to transform my body into a masterpiece. Abs and all :p a far cry from what i used to be!

so never doubt yourself, you can do it without radical diets, you can do it without TV and you can do it without changing a whole lot or even spending much.

joshie

Live Update Team
7323_132867776314_595686314_2921177_7264812_n.jpg

The start of my journey! this was mid 2009!

399791_10150453860141315_595686314_8957976_780126886_n.jpg

me at my formal, end of 2010!

381807_10150453850546315_595686314_8957881_1259130234_n.jpg

me and my grand parents at the end of 2011!

405210_10150453870666315_595686314_8958117_1002849666_n.jpg

ME NOW

Last edited:

joshie

Live Update Team
Wow, you are one tall bastard :lol: But congrats, top effort. How's footy going?

haha yeah, such a blessing really! and footy is coming really good, currently pre season training for a university team and i look to play TRL (touch rugby league - google it) as well. moved from prop in 2009 to lock in 2012

adamkungl

Immortal
Well im trying to stack on a few kilos before footy season. Decided to have one last shot at League, I've struggled to our starting side the last 2 years, if I can't crack it this year I'll stick to touch. 173cm 77kg, aiming for 80-82

joshie

Live Update Team
Well im trying to stack on a few kilos before footy season. Decided to have one last shot at League, I've struggled to our starting side the last 2 years, if I can't crack it this year I'll stick to touch. 173cm 77kg, aiming for 80-82

Good luck man! just rip in and have fun! and stacking is easy if you eat it on then tone it haha

Danish

Referee
Nice work buddy! Hard to understand it now at your age but besides the physical difference and better outlook on life you've probably added another 10, 15 or even 20 years to your life as well :)

Whats a shame is that you undoubtedly get a whole lot of people who are having trouble shifting weight themselves calling you "lucky" to have been able to lose it so "easily", instead of giving you the credit for achieving what they haven't been able to yet... or worse people who will try and tell you that you'll just put it all back on eventually (again, because thats what they do when they lose weight).

Stay with it, ignore the knockers and keep setting yourself personal goals every year.

joshie

Live Update Team
Nice work buddy! Hard to understand it now at your age but besides the physical difference and better outlook on life you've probably added another 10, 15 or even 20 years to your life as well :)

Whats a shame is that you undoubtedly get a whole lot of people who are having trouble shifting weight themselves calling you "lucky" to have been able to lose it so "easily", instead of giving you the credit for achieving what they haven't been able to yet... or worse people who will try and tell you that you'll just put it all back on eventually (again, because thats what they do when they lose weight).

Stay with it, ignore the knockers and keep setting yourself personal goals every year.

best comment ive ever read :) thank you and my goal this year is to get to 90kgs but bulk up a bit so i am always going to have these goals :)