What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You can't spell Burgess without G.R.U.B

The Rosco

Bench
Try as they did, the dirty Burgess boys and the rest of their souths mates went home with their fluffy white tails firmly hidden up their arses.

All week, they lead out with how they will put Brooks to the test by running at him and wearing him out. It was to be a baptism of fire for this young Tiger who has the audacity to play well. Their monster forwards would dictate terms.
In today's Tele, it documents just how well that went for souths.

When I saw our forward pack play at the Camden trial, I was impressed. I caught a glimpse of the potential of our new pack and their defensive ability. Last night was a great leap forward. Don't listen to the hippies that tell us that we only won the game coz souths played poorly. Our tackling, hard hitting and determination took the game to them and they shat themselves. And despite Plan A of Brooks being targeted by the big bad burgesses. . . he rose above and cut the rabbits into neat, bite-size cutlets.

Simona's collision with Inglis was nothing more than accidental. The multiple head high swinging arms on Tedesco were typical dog shots. Dog shots in frustration at being pummeled by the favourites for the wooden spoon. The head high on Richards as he scored is in the same basket. I had to laugh when the ref said to Robbie that the only reason it wasn't a penalty try was because Pat was already over the sideline when the hit occurred. If he was still in the field when his head got taken off, it was a pen try. And then the replay . . . .
Curious as to why Gavet swung his knee into that tackle. He seemed to yank his finger away real quickly just prior to the knee . . . as if it were stuck in something and he wanted it out in a hurry. Stuck in a burgessess mouth, probably.
To see Tapau and Gavet ( as new members of our team ) rush in and defend their mates against the grubs of the league was inspiring as well.

And to see Woodsy laughing and stirring shit in the apoplectic faces of the souths boys was fun too !

A great win against one of the top teams. Go you good things !

Last edited:
Don't listen to the hippies that tell us that we only won the game coz souths played poorly. Our tackling, hard hitting and determination took the game to them and they shat themselves.

you see this reasoning being trotted out every time one of the favourites gets beaten in an upset the media go on and on about their poor attack but never give credit to the gritty defence that CAUSES it

when a team gets frustrated from bashing themselves against a brick wall they go for the miracle ball

gronkathon

First Grade
They even tried to run George down the wing at Brooks off his own line.

Luke & Lulia forced him back.

It warms the cockles

MadPie

Juniors
When play was stopped due to Simonas concussion , did you notice Sammy B trying to hold back a smile while they were showing replays of his shin collecting Simonas head, albeit accidentally ( unless it was well planned and acted) or was he just enjoying seeing his big fat head on the equally big big screen?

DanOz

Juniors
I loved seeing the boys back each other. No backward steps. They need to remember this game. If we can stand up against that pack, there should be no pack that we fear.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The high shots & hands & fingers by Sam Burgess in players faces is something that needs to be addressed

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just watched the replay of Gavets kneeing, and it looks clear enough that nothing grubby was being done by Burgess other than maybe holding his arm.

Dumb by Gavet, he'll cop weeks for that

Tiger05

First Grade
I just watched the replay of Gavets kneeing, and it looks clear enough that nothing grubby was being done by Burgess other than maybe holding his arm.

It was pretty poor wasn't it. No reason for it.

Such a shame there is no more punching.

The melee these days is just embarrassing.
Grown men bursting with adrenaline pushing and shoving and trading insults.
Should be mandatory sin bin for punching and not suspension.
Its a traversty that Watmough, Ennis, Reynolds and Burgess and others might play the rest of their careers without ever getting punched in the face.

Glad I dont play anymore.

Sam Burgess for all his talent needs to have a good hard look at himself and so does the NRL, he carries on as if he is a law unto himself...!

The Rosco

Bench
Great post Roscoe - it sums up the game, the Tigers very well indeed.

Thanks mate. Sunday evening and I'm still buzzing.
Without sounding greedy let us also take into account a few scoring chances that went smack bang against us every time . . . .
1. Pat hit the post 3 times, didn't he ?. The way he has been kicking, 2/3 for sure, and more than 50/50 he will get all 3. So, but for real bad luck we should have got 4 points at least.
2. Keith's nearly try. I thought he flicked the trailing boot of the last defender and that dislodged the ball. So, but for real bad luck blah blah . . another 6 points. 10 total
3. Pat's No-Penalty try. A bloke down for 10 would have cost the bunnies at least 12. Let's be generous and just add another 6. So 16 so far.
Let's be fair and leave it at that. let them have the last 2 tries for at least showing initiative at that stage in the game.

So instead of 25-16, it should have been more like 40-16. A truer reflection of the game.

I can't find a replay of it on fox. Anybody know if it's gonna be played again ?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks mate. Sunday evening and I'm still buzzing.
Without sounding greedy let us also take into account a few scoring chances that went smack bang against us every time . . . .
1. Pat hit the post 3 times, didn't he ?. The way he has been kicking, 2/3 for sure, and more than 50/50 he will get all 3. So, but for real bad luck we should have got 4 points at least.
2. Keith's nearly try. I thought he flicked the trailing boot of the last defender and that dislodged the ball. So, but for real bad luck blah blah . . another 6 points. 10 total
3. Pat's No-Penalty try. A bloke down for 10 would have cost the bunnies at least 12. Let's be generous and just add another 6. So 16 so far.
Let's be fair and leave it at that. let them have the last 2 tries for at least showing initiative at that stage in the game.

So instead of 25-16, it should have been more like 40-16. A truer reflection of the game.

I can't find a replay of it on fox. Anybody know if it's gonna be played again ?

Thursday or Friday morning (real early from memory) I'll be setting it to record.

NRL website had the first half in full on the match centre for the game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was awesome against the Bunnies, but I think it can be better with Thompson out of the side, replaced by BMM. I reckon those sort of aggressive angry games up front would bring out the best in BMM

Matchball

Bench

He is free to play the warriors with an early guilty plea.
Lucky lucky man.

gronkathon

First Grade
It was awesome against the Bunnies, but I think it can be better with Thompson out of the side, replaced by BMM. I reckon those sort of aggressive angry games up front would bring out the best in BMM

Watching a fair bit of NSW Cup Akouala has been outstanding in terms of impact and aggression. The fact he has enough speed to play on the wing also does not hurt

Watching a fair bit of NSW Cup Akouala has been outstanding in terms of impact and aggression. The fact he has enough speed to play on the wing also does not hurt

Should have seen more firsts last year.
Would be good bench player for back row and centre cover.
Some good kids fighting for a spot on the end of the bench though.

I see him more as a backrower, which we are flushed with, but would be interesting to see him replacing Lulia, even though he has actually been quite good.