What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Lack The Heart to Be Tiger

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Bright idea by Sheens to have Lui marking Gasnier!

Fulton....see ya.

Jury is out on Shirnack. Needs 10kg for mine or he'll be another Fulton but in the front row. Good energy though.

Like to see some of Begovich this year and more of Groat.

Moltzen = pass mark but didn't want to go anywhere near a high ball. Every game this year he only attempts to catch the high ball if he is isolated and can't escape it.

Brown is not a centre and has never performed there.

Ayshford for four years! What a joke. The single worst signing since amalgamation. No other club even wanted him!

drake40

Juniors
this team is crap the coach is crap we are the softest team in the comp moltzen is a flake fulton gibbs lui would not feed we are the most talked about overated side in the comp drop balls missed tackles players wandering off poor reads schoolboy errors the problem with the club is they sighned fonz again and kept the warm fuzzy feeling in the place :x

tumblingdice

Juniors
How does Utai escape criticism, he was absolutely dreadful in defence today.

while Utai may lack some skill and thinking, and pace these days, dont think he lacks heart. Appears to have played with a fractured left forearm-or at least a very painful injury. Too bad we cant get the heart and skill/pace combined.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
while Utai may lack some skill and thinking, and pace these days, dont think he lacks heart. Appears to have played with a fractured left forearm-or at least a very painful injury. Too bad we cant get the heart and skill/pace combined.
I've watched him closely this year and this is the first time this season utai has cost us in defense. If the rest of the team had his heart we'd go ok. Id go so far as to say he is the best wing/dummy half runner in the comp. Lacks in other areas but makes up for it purely out of dummy half.

blacklock

Juniors
how about Tim Sheens and his near decade of incompetence and non accountability.
not being one to defend a member of the tigers, (theyre a rubbish team and wont go anywhere this season)....tim sheens DID deliver a grand final for your guys in 2005. so he has earned his place. kinda gives him some room to stuff up (atleast for a couple more yrs)

hybrid_tiger

Coach
not being one to defend a member of the tigers, (theyre a rubbish team and wont go anywhere this season)....tim sheens DID deliver a grand final for your guys in 2005. so he has earned his place. kinda gives him some room to stuff up (atleast for a couple more yrs)

That was six f**king years ago.

TimmyB

Juniors
Just quietly, I think people are underestimating how much of a loss Lawrence is. Without Lawrence, we lose so much of our penetration. He's worth at least 6 points a game imo.

Tigerm

Coach
Part of an article from Gus Gould this morning.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...d-gear-holds-on-for-a-win-20110529-1faya.html

I'm not sure what to make of the Tigers. They just don't seem to be the happy bunch of campers we have come to love.
There isn't much grunt in the forward pack. They are getting outmuscled in this department on a weekly basis regardless of opposition. The attacking spark is spasmodic at best. Playmakers Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall spend more time running east-west than north-south.
It just doesn't look like the Tigers, and with this loss they now slip further off the pace being set by the leading teams.
From what I've seen of them over the past six weeks, they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of challenging for the title this year. That's a surprise to me because, on last year's form, I thought they would be genuine contenders. Now they will struggle to make the top eight.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Part of an article from Gus Gould this morning.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...d-gear-holds-on-for-a-win-20110529-1faya.html

I'm not sure what to make of the Tigers. They just don't seem to be the happy bunch of campers we have come to love.
There isn't much grunt in the forward pack. They are getting outmuscled in this department on a weekly basis regardless of opposition. The attacking spark is spasmodic at best. Playmakers Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall spend more time running east-west than north-south.
It just doesn't look like the Tigers, and with this loss they now slip further off the pace being set by the leading teams.
From what I've seen of them over the past six weeks, they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of challenging for the title this year. That's a surprise to me because, on last year's form, I thought they would be genuine contenders. Now they will struggle to make the top eight.

Never fear Gus, Teflon has got his contract extended and WT will always remain tantalsied by 'next year' under Sheens. God help us.

super_coach

First Grade
Not time to be pointing the finger at individuals, its a team that is firing on 2 cylinders that every now than fires on eight. Iam sure at full strength this team would be rolling along near the top of the table and the likes of Lui,Fulton,Gibbs and Moltzen would be getting rave reviews on these forums. The next month will reveal all as our better players return and regain some form

Tiger Crazy

Juniors
Where do you start . Moltzen , Marshall , Lui are all playing badly at the moment . But we all know that Sheens will do nothing to change anything

leoc

Juniors
I think this is the most important fact. No matter how shit the team performs, no matter how bad certain players have been going, Sheens doesn't know how to drop them to the lower grades to refind themselves. So what it means is, that us the fans, must suffer week in week out watchin school boy mistakes without consequence. Then, there will be 6 weeks to go, we'll have to win every game to make it, we'll lose the last game so we miss out and Sheens will say "if not for the injuries and some bad luck we would of been a chance. Next year will be better". Come on, I'm so sick of it. Make some real changes and get players in the team that are hungry!!!

R2Coupe

Juniors
Does his experience suggest the best way of winning is to make as few a changes as possible?

Is the standard of the State Cup sufficient experience for players to learn or is it better for a player such as Lui to suffer the embarrassment of not putting Gasnier over the sideline in front of near 20,000 people?

Fordy20

Juniors
What was the go with repeated penalties when Tigers were in Dragons attacking twenty? The Dragons could have done that all day and shut down every play with a penalty and nothing would have happened. The ref would have blown the whistle and the Tigers would have prepared for another set, given that they were too far behind for two points to make the difference. Shouldn't repeat offences in the opposition twenty result in a sin binning or something?

macnaz

Staff member
Does his experience suggest the best way of winning is to make as few a changes as possible?

Is the standard of the State Cup sufficient experience for players to learn or is it better for a player such as Lui to suffer the embarrassment of not putting Gasnier over the sideline in front of near 20,000 people?
Hmm if Lui the walk isnt and hasnt been embarrased by doing heartless lame shit if front of his supporters then maybe State cup IS the answer, that goes for all the soft c**ks in 1st grade .

Latest posts