What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You little beauty!

stevie013

Juniors
they shouldnt have been charged at all. could hurt us later on in the year. wont take much of hit to get suspended now.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Graham - grade one careless high tackle

Smith - grade one dangerous contact charge

Both those charges still suck and are wrong IMO. This is the NRL justifying the actions of the officials.

stevie013

Juniors
Graham - grade one careless high tackle

Smith - grade one dangerous contact charge

Both those charges still suck and are wrong IMO. This is the NRL justifying the actions of the officials.

i dont understand how it was careless from wade. arent kids tought to lead with the shoulder when making a tackle then wrap your arms around? not his bloody fault hoffman ducked into him.

not being allowed to defend yourself when your on the deck is a shit call as well. someones about to dive on you that weighs between 90-110kgs, what else are you going to do?

there needs to be some common sense here from the MRC. justifying stupid refereeing decisions is not showing common sense, and its not just us its happening to.

wolverine

Juniors
As for Wade Graham hit. Fugg me, the NRL or even CH 9 are ridiculous. I watched the replay of the game today on Fox and they completely took the sound out of when Badger blew the whistle for the try i.e it looked like he pointed to the spot but didn't blow the whistle. I mean WHAT THE FUGG?!

We need to challenge both charges, as we now have 3 players on the verge of a 1 game suspension, which could hurt in the finals

Wade Graham
Jeremy Smith
Ben Pomeroy

Any of these even get grade 1, they will be out for 1 game this would hurt

Frenzy.

Immortal
As for Wade Graham hit. Fugg me, the NRL or even CH 9 are ridiculous. I watched the replay of the game today on Fox and they completely took the sound out of when Badger blew the whistle for the try i.e it looked like he pointed to the spot but didn't blow the whistle. I mean WHAT THE FUGG?!

What's the issue?

BigSteveo

Juniors

Watched it live buddy, Badger did not blow the whistle to indicate a try; he pointed and then changed his mind before referring to the Video Ref.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Watched it live buddy, Badger did not blow the whistle to indicate a try; he pointed and then changed his mind before referring to the Video Ref.

Wouldn't of mattered if he did blow his whistle. He can still change his decision when foul play is identified.

From the laws of the game

9. The Referee judges on matters of fact and shall not subsequently alter those judgments. He may cancel any decision made if prior foul play of which he had no knowledge is reported to him by a Touch Judge.

This was written before the advent of video refs but obviously includes information received from them as well

panfashark

Juniors

Watch it again, you are wrong. He most certainly the blew the whistle and pointed to the spot for a try. He then blew time off, at no point in time did he indicate video ref.
The video ref saw the incident then overruled Badger. As reefy has mentioned the video ref can over rule in acts of foul play.
The game is soft, it was a great shot, if he wraps his arms around and the fullback drops it, its play on and try.

panfashark

Juniors
Watch it again, you are wrong. He most certainly the blew the whistle and pointed to the spot for a try. He then blew time off, at no point in time did he indicate video ref.
The video ref saw the incident then overruled Badger. As reefy has mentioned the video ref can over rule in acts of foul play.
The game is soft, it was a great shot, if he wraps his arms around and the fullback drops it, its play on and try.

Apologies to Reefy it was was Frenzy who mentioned it!!

BigSteveo

Juniors

http://www.nrl.com/Video/2012SmartR...deoquality=1&type=onreport&period=1&time=1407

Maybe its just me, but I saw Badger point to the spot with the whistle in his mouth and cheeks puffed, the exact way that referees prepare themselves before blowing a whistle to indicate try. He then blows time off and begins the Video Referee signal (camera cuts away).

It is unclear if Badger changed his own mind or whether he was urged to by the pocket ref or touch judges due to other noises involved (commentary/crowd).

I agree with the fact that was a shame a great hit like that is not rewarded, but rather punished. But it is noted in the law book that any contact with the head whether it be first, second or twelfth contact is regarded as misconduct. I know through all my years playing and refereeing rugby league that contact with the head is unavoidable in 50-70% of tackles and its usually the severity of the contact is what is more likely to be penalised. When Badger saw that Hoffman was not getting up he made the decision to refer it.

Lets not get me wrong, I have been a Sharks supporter for 20ish years, it's just a shame the rulebook is worded in a way that prohibits any contact with the head, accidental or otherwise.