What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You were NOTHING Reynoldson

LESStar58

Referee
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said Matt Gidley's stalker! :lol:

Sure Tahu is overrated but Parra are gonna pay his $450K a season! If I was making a poultry sum for my current club I'd jump at an offer that big! As I said earlier NRL is a business...its like moving to new jobs for more money and better conditions. You do it for your own best interests!

LESStar58

Referee
Mark Rudd said:
And Orford is Origin half. Which again will teach him. And some Storm forwards make Origin while he misses out. Yep, that'll teach him.

I have submitted to the reality that Matt Orford will never play Origin while he is playing in Melbourne. That is a harsh call on my behalf but look at how the NSW selectors treated Scott Hill. He is in the best form in a long while yet they still took Timmins/Fittler over him. Orford had his chance and declared himself unavailable. Do you think they'll take Orford when Joey is back on deck next year?

*shakes magic 8 ball*

oh what a suprise..."not f**king likely!"

And honestly...which Storm forwards are a chance of making the QLD Origin side besides Cameron Smith? Dennis Scott? Maybe. Dallas Johnson? Almost certainly in future but certainly not next year.

My guess as to number of Storm players to play rep footy next year is 2: Slater and Smith!

LESStar58

Referee
Thunderstruck said:
Is Ricky Stuart taking next year's Origin team?

Yes, but 'Sticky' is the NSW coach...somebody suggested earlier that Bellamy would be QLD coach and NOT Hagan. My point being that I think Bellamy is from NSW...hes an "assistant coach" to Wayne Bennet for the Kangaroos games this year.

Bells is from NSW. He shouldn't be able to coach the maroons although someone mentioned Graeme/Graham Lowe to me the other day and said that he didn't have Q'ld connection prior to coaching them. I'm not familiar with the name so can someone shed a light on this for me?

LESStar58

Referee
Graeme Lowe is a former Manly-Warringah and New Zealand coach and I think he may actually have coached Wigan at some point in time. He was Queensland State Of Origin coach in 1991 and 1992, taking over from Arthur Beetson. I'm not sure how the QRL got him to coach but he won the series in 91 and lost in 92. He actually had a bloodclot in his leg in his first series and coached with a walking stick.