What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You will never be an Old Man River.......

O

ozbash

nurple-happyboy.gif

hey, tool for xmas !

Dolphin Oval

Juniors
Bronco,

I've also invested in the new Pink Floyd cd and it is pure class...some great songs. Im very dissapointed that 'The Turning Away' didn't make an appearance though.

Dog,

Some good music amongst those you put down. Live's 'Overcome' pulls at the heart when you hear the World Trade Centre version. I downloaded it recently and yeah, it certainly makes an impact on you. Nice choice as well with Lonestar's Amazed...I'm a big fan, recently downloaded it and is a song I could play without getting sick of.

Another great band - Dire Straights....their best of cd is one of the best compilations going around.

LOL Mr O, I can appreciate a wide range of music. I agree mate, a lot of metal is just trash. A lot of heavy metal artists just rip off each other, scream their lungs out and bang everything within in a 10m radius. I don't consider that talent. But Mr O, take a listen to Tool, trust me when i say they ARE different. They have a class about them that is undeniable.....

And just to clarify, apart from the tunes of a Tool or Pearl Jam, I also quite enjoy Led Zepplin, Bob Marley, Wyclef Jean, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd and even some of the Beatles material.....

Snoop Dogg! U can say what u want about him, but to see him doing the same thing in every film clip (just standing there with his hands in the air) is absolutely hilarious....top bloke! I can also appreciate elements of Eminems music, although he does go way to far and has some major issues.

Bronc, id also like to take issue over Metallica. Every thing since Reload has been trash. But mate, take a listen to their old material. Listen to S&M, i can't believe so many people knock that album....it is amongst my favourites. One, Enter Sandman and Whom the Bell Tolls are pure magic

Moff.

imported_bronco

Juniors
I've got no issues over Metallica I'm just not a fan really, they just don't spark anything inside of me, don't know why but I find some of their recent stuff boring.

Since Justice for All S&M as you say has been their only good album.

Hunters & Collectors: Holy Grail....you are not a bloke if you don't know or don't like this rock epic. It's a pub anthem, a beer anthem, that's perfect for the bbq sing-a-longs after a few ales. Powerful music combined with lyrics that we can all understand and learn off by heart make this song arguably the best of the 90's.

I'm sure most Queenslanders reckonize this song after the Qld cricket team finally broke through for their first ever Sheffield Shield in 1995. Stuart Law and boys tried to sing it in their post match celebrations.

In boot camp we sing this one - its sung like one of those punk songs - it is sung in esperanto but i will translate it.
it is called:

Kill Bugs Before They Kill You

Verse 1
Pull on the mobile armour
Get out the sonic blaster
Recruit the local farmer
Tell him you're his master

Chorus
kill da bugs, kill da bugs, kill da bugs before they kill you!

Verse 2

Make out that you're proud
You can line your pants with pissing
But make sure they dont go brown

Chorus

(Lead break, middle eight)

Verse 3
Its great to be in boot camp
Here we have the power
We roughnecks love our boot camp
Especially in the shower

Chorus

end