What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young for captaincy: Wishart

feral dragon

Juniors
Young can mature into a good capt. under Bennets tuition. Smith not an 80 minute player. Nightingale,f**king hilarious. Hornby a probable.Cooper not a natural comminicater I would still plump for Soward,smartest football brain on the park for the Dragons last season.
Wishart a pea hearted, pea brain.

Godz Illa

Coach
What did he do in the GF? Ainscough gave up that penalty try, Mundine dropped the ball over the line...Wishart f**king up is a new one!
He dropped the ball cold from a kickoff, from memory it was after McGregor's try. Melbourne scored immediately after, I think. And, as mentioned on WORL a while back, Nathan Brown was the first bloke there to pat him on the back and cheer him up, yet years later Wishart was one of the first to publicly hang Browny out to dry, calling for him to be sacked in the media.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
I don't understand the hate for Wishart, the greatest Steeler!

He made some stupid mistakes, e.g. dropping a ball that steady eddy could of caught blindfolded after the mc gregor try.

As Godzilla said, i was the one who posted on the forum about how he was going to bag browny.Low bloke.

big pat

Coach
who thinks these things up, someone in the local media says o'k lets go and ask rod wishart what he thinks, well personally it doesn't matter what he thinks, whats next ask alan mcindoe who should be saints fullback.

rushndude

Bench
I doubt Peahart would have been their first choice to ask. He was probably the only one to pipe up to get himself some media exposure.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Because he is a loyal Steeler and hates the Dragons with a passion.

Sadly, this is true. Ole Roddy never could move on.

Like a lot of the cross eyed 'tards down there.

Not true at all. Most if not all Illawarra based Dragons fans are right behind the club. Whatever bitterness there was during the "take over" is long gone.

Godz Illa

Coach
A possible hint at the captaincy at the Charity Shield press conference yesterday? The Souths coach was there with a new recruit and the club captain, alongside Saints coach Bennett, new recruit Boyd and... Dean Young

waynebennett2_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

Cagey Mac

Bench
I didn't hear it but Ben Creagh was on BSB this AM and they were talking up his chances as prospective captain

Red Bear

Referee
Im surprised you expect something different from Wishart, he played for how many years for the Steelers before the saints? Of course he is a passionate Illawarra man. Much like many players from the Saints side of the JV such as Thompson (before he was given the arse).
Wishart, regardless of stuff he's said in the media, is a genuinely really nice bloke, and i say that having met him, having family who have met him and worked with relatives of him.

And Drake there are certainly a few loyal Saints who hate the illawarra side also.

Goldthorpe

Bench
A possible hint at the captaincy at the Charity Shield press conference yesterday? The Souths coach was there with a new recruit and the club captain, alongside Saints coach Bennett, new recruit Boyd and... Dean Young

waynebennett2_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg
I hope so, logical choice.

Latest posts