What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When the distancing thing is over, old mate has 5 girls who need to say sorry.

Could be a long night, not too close to origin ladies, his legs need to work then.

lol Fox had a sausage and shot something.

Nathan uses the correct pistol.

Yeah, the passing of the gun to unlicensed people is very dangerous and the lads were lucky one of them wasn’t killed or injured.

Its all good fun until someone gets hurt.

A couple of beers and the fooling around with the gun in the hands of people who aren’t familiar with them is very ordinary. LM is on the charges.

It is a lot more stupid than Nathan being a dickhead and trying to lie his way of it. That’s my opinion anyway. And even beneath that is picking up schoolgirls...

The deputy premier is calling for Nathan to be suspended but I think Latts is far more dangerous.

I’m pretty sure Gus is of the same view, relating it back to LMs welfare and perhaps his mental health and influences.

I think Latts career is finished due to this headspace. It’s a much bigger game than the footy part and he’s not engaged with a lot of it. That’s ok, but people won’t wear it.

Last edited:
Meh young bloke wants to shoot a gun and ride motorbikes.

Who f**king cares.

Not me.

A live and let live view on life I guess. Mmm. The west in me understands that argument, but maybe when it comes to the firearms, it troubles me, my view and not necessarily anyone else’s anyway.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah sure broke the rules being together, but who cares if the shot some cans and rode a bike.

I mean they did shoot Paul Kent and ride off.

hindy111

Post Whore
Meh young bloke wants to shoot a gun and ride motorbikes.

Who f**king cares.

Not me.

Agree. I grew up on a farm. It isn't seen as a big deal. I can understand why people living in city may see it differently. People are bored and blowing things out of proportion a little.
The dumbest thing they did was post it on social media.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah, the passing of the gun to unlicensed people is very dangerous and the lads were lucky one of them wasn’t killed or injured.

Its all good fun until someone gets hurt.

A couple of beers and the fooling around with the gun in the hands of people who aren’t familiar with them is very ordinary. LM is on the charges.

It is a lot more stupid than Nathan being a dickhead and trying to lie his way of it. That’s my opinion anyway. And even beneath that is picking up schoolgirls...

The deputy premier is calling for Nathan to be suspended but I think Latts is far more dangerous.

I’m pretty sure Gus is of the same view, relating it back to LMs welfare and perhaps his mental health and influences.

I think Latts career is finished due to this headspace. It’s a much bigger game than the footy part and he’s not engaged with a lot of it. That’s ok, but people won’t wear it.
Thanks for your concern Maude.

I reckon he is just being a young man.

No koalas were eaten.

BxTom

Bench
Agree. I grew up on a farm. It isn't seen as a big deal. I can understand why people living in city may see it differently. People are bored and blowing things out of proportion a little.
The dumbest thing they did was post it on social media.
I live in the bush and have had rifles and pistols most of my life. .357, 30.06, 222. 22-250 etc Grog and Guns are not a great mix AT ALL. Add to that that many NRL players can rub both of their brain cells together...

A mix for trouble - a view supported by the fact that these dickheads were stupid enough to put it up for all the world to see.

Tom

Kilkenny

Coach
I haven’t really digested or read to much about what has been said before hand but again I am really, really disappointed by the actions of Nathan Cleary and the other knuckleheads who indiscretions are probably worse in the scheme of things. I don’t see how anyone can downplay what Nathan did, it was brain dead, totally brain dead at a time when everyone knew the ramifications of breaching protocols. I have read some post’s downplaying what he did as being minor in the scheme of things but if the NRL had of come down on him hard as they were entirely entitled to do I would not have been able to complain. Maybe being outed for the entire season would have been harsh but he is deserving of a very, very significant suspension in my opinion.

I haven’t really digested or read to much about what has been said before hand but again I am really, really disappointed by the actions of Nathan Cleary and the other knuckleheads who indiscretions are probably worse in the scheme of things. I don’t see how anyone can downplay what Nathan did, it was brain dead, totally brain dead at a time when everyone knew the ramifications of breaching protocols. I have read some post’s downplaying what he did as being minor in the scheme of things but if the NRL had of come down on him hard as they were entirely entitled to do I would not have been able to complain. Maybe being outed for the entire season would have been harsh but he is deserving of a very, very significant suspension in my opinion.

All they got from Nate was juvenile delinquency and then a profound lie to cover it up.

It’s reflects poorly on Ivan as a coach and as a parent in that he’s been unable to cement any kind of wider public awareness or responsibility into the youngster.

Now under Ivans close watch his son has proven to be an uncaring certified genuine idiot.

And a further problem for Ivan is that when the kid is suspended, that stuffs up the clubs prospects of success.

It stuffs up ivans own ability to reach the finals and beyond.

A lot of people’s efforts have been trashed.

And people here can make light of it, but Panther management are genuinely sickened and ivans toes are well and truly in the fire now.

As I said, for mine, the gun issue is far far worse and the bulldogs players turning the schoolgirls into the town whores worse still.

Also in that case, we didn’t see any leadership from the dogs.

TheFrog

Coach
It seems Tyrone May was present but ducked into his room and hid under the bed. You have to assume May isn't afraid of young women so it can only be that he's been through the wringer before and doesn't want to go there again, ie he's grown up. Maybe this should rate more of a mention in the media.

Kilkenny

Coach
All they got from Nate was juvenile delinquency and then a profound lie to cover it up.

It’s reflects poorly on Ivan as a coach and as a parent in that he’s been unable to cement any kind of wider public awareness or responsibility into the youngster.

Now under Ivans close watch his son has proven to be an uncaring certified genuine idiot.

And a further problem for Ivan is that when the kid is suspended, that stuffs up the clubs prospects of success.

It stuffs up ivans own ability to reach the finals and beyond.

A lot of people’s efforts have been trashed.

And people here can make light of it, but Panther management are genuinely sickened and ivans toes are well and truly in the fire now.

As I said, for mine, the gun issue is far far worse and the bulldogs players turning the schoolgirls into the town whores worse still.

Also in that case, we didn’t see any leadership from the dogs.

As I have stated, in my opinion, young Nathan deserved a suspension, four to six weeks would have been justified in my opinion. As for your wider views, I don’t agree, you are drawing a very long bow and we need to move on and all look forward to May 28.

As I have stated, in my opinion, young Nathan deserved a suspension, four to six weeks would have been justified in my opinion. As for your wider views, I don’t agree, you are drawing a very long bow and we need to move on and all look forward to May 28.

Thank you and I implore you to read on for a surprise.

The problem is that the ramifications, the suspension will be quite long, so it’s not able to be moved away from too quickly.

And he is a key player, one of the best in the game, so his absence cannot but hurt the clubs chances. The aggravation of his absence cannot be underplayed. Maybe I think too highly of him as a player.

But I must say, ive had time for a deeper and more meaningful reflection.

I strenuously resent the intervention of the Deputy Premier into the issue.

I think his Ill thought out comments calling for a longer penalty are quite prejudicial to the process and given the power relationships in play, almost certainty impose a bias or unfair expectation into the suspension process.

This is because the government has power over the nrl and the nrl has power over Nate.

There is no separation of powers or procedural independence.

And so after weighing this up, against my own instinct and intuition, notwithstanding my harsh criticism and unforgiving condemnation of his conduct....

I’ve concluded that he should not be suspended at all.

I liken it to government interference in an ongoing court case. It’s unacceptable.

This is the second most powerful person in NSW using a young man for his own gratifying political purposes. I really don’t care which party he belongs to.

If this legal avenue is available to Nathan, I should like to see him travel down this path, with my full and unflinching support. If so, much to @Aliceinwonderland’s dislike, I will be here for his cause.

That it helps Ivan is unfortunate from a tigers fans perspective, but the damage is mostly collateral in this instance.

I hope he stands tall like el masri and doesn’t get sucked into the vortex of silence, which many would see him suffer.

Last edited:
It seems Tyrone May was present but ducked into his room and hid under the bed. You have to assume May isn't afraid of young women so it can only be that he's been through the wringer before and doesn't want to go there again, ie he's grown up. Maybe this should rate more of a mention in the media.

He is to be applauded for that, I agree.

But I’m afraid that his public image appears to be that he is some kind of sick young pervert.

That he’s got the guts to continue in the game shows enormous courage.

Hopefully he can become better known for his skills and abilities, but he needs to reach an absurd level to put this behind him.

At the moment, I’d rather not meet him, I do not want him visiting my daughters school etc, I don’t care if he plays league or not. I just don’t want him anywhere near me, people I care about or my family etc.

These sex weirdo people are a bit creepy. Just my opinion. He could be best bloke in the world, I don’t care.

But I think it’s possible he can reform one day in future. The door is slightly ajar. We can’t really have a society without hope.

Last edited:

forby

Juniors
Barilaro has been very quiet on Latrell and JAC! You throw the book at somebody for lying about a Tik Tok video, but say nothing about lying about a social camping trip with illegal firearms and motorbike riding being a “cultural” event. He is too scared to be politically incorrect and treat them the same way!

Kilkenny

Coach
Thank you and I implore you to read on for a surprise.

The problem is that the ramifications, the suspension will be quite long, so it’s not able to be moved away from too quickly.

And he is a key player, one of the best in the game, so his absence cannot but hurt the clubs chances. The aggravation of his absence cannot be underplayed. Maybe I think too highly of him as a player.

But I must say, ive had time for a deeper and more meaningful reflection.

I strenuously resent the intervention of the Deputy Premier into the issue.

I think his Ill thought out comments calling for a longer penalty are quite prejudicial to the process and given the power relationships in play, almost certainty impose a bias or unfair expectation into the suspension process.

This is because the government has power over the nrl and the nrl has power over Nate.

There is no separation of powers or procedural independence.

And so after weighing this up, against my own instinct and intuition, notwithstanding my harsh criticism and unforgiving condemnation of his conduct....

I’ve concluded that he should not be suspended at all.

I liken it to government interference in an ongoing court case. It’s unacceptable.

This is the second most powerful person in NSW using a young man for his own gratifying political purposes. I really don’t care which party he belongs to.

If this legal avenue is available to Nathan, I should like to see him travel down this path, with my full and unflinching support. If so, much to @Aliceinwonderland’s dislike, I will be here for his cause.

That it helps Ivan is unfortunate from a tigers fans perspective, but the damage is mostly collateral in this instance.

I hope he stands tall like el masri and doesn’t get sucked into the vortex of silence, which many would see him suffer.

Wow!! That’s all I have to say about that. Wow!!

I never really wanted to go down the political aspect of young Nathan’s breaches of the current requirements.

The bottom line is he f**ked up basically and at the end of the day his actions, IMO, where far more worthy than a minuscule monetary punishment alone. He should have been suspended, his actions warranted such a punishment.

Do I want to see Nathan Cleary turning out for the Panthers, absolutely, he is integral to our chances of on field success so from a selfish purely fan perspective happy days if he only receives monetary punishment.

I just don’t get it. He was caught hook, line and instagram as we’ll as telling porkies to the NRL integrity unit.

He along with the other knuckleheads who have put getting footy back on again should have been made an example off as they surely would have been had they off been nobodies, ie lowly paid fringe first graders.

I am very, very disappointed by the actions of one of our senior players,albeit someone who is still young in age.

Last edited:
Wow!! That’s all I have to say about that. Wow!!

I never really wanted to go down the political aspect of young Nathan’s breaches of the current requirements.

The bottom line is he f**ked up basically and at the end of the day his actions, IMO, where far more worthy than a minuscule monetary punishment alone. He should have been suspended, his actions warranted such a punishment.

Do I want to see Nathan Cleary turning out for the Panthers, absolutely, he is integral to our chances of on field success so from a selfish purely fan perspective happy days if he only receives monetary punishment.

I just don’t get it. He was caught hook, line and instagram as we’ll as telling porkies to the NRL integrity unit.

He along with the other knuckleheads who have put getting footy back on again should have been made an example off as they surely would have been had they off been nobodies, ie lowly paid fringe first graders.

I am very, very disappointed by the actions of one of our senior players,albeit someone who is still young in age.

Despite his conduct, I think he was singled out pretty unfairly.

A lot of people have done the wrong thing, even hurt and killed people, but that doesn’t permit the powerful to intervene and try to influence a due process.

I cannot see how the nrl can’t be swayed by the Deputy Premiers comments.

These things can end up in the Supreme Court.

I’m not sure anyone here would tolerate the Deputy Premier speaking out against us in the middle of a case. I’d put out an injunction on him and sue him.

Free pass for Nate so far as I am concerned.

The Deputy Premiers conduct was far far worse.