What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young players who you rated highly that did go on

Ant

Juniors
A third thread how about young players who you talked up and did go all the way. The younger the better to show some of our often missed place faith is actually relevant.

For mine I guy I saw play in the commonwealth bank cup (now arrive alive) was Nathan Cayless he was awesome and I think led Parramatta Marist to a title. He was one I saw early and thought would be good and went on with it big time.

A parra guy and bris guy, not juniors but guys I came across.
I played against Mark Tookey and Darren Lockyer in junior rep stuff up here and knew thought they would be great. Obviosuly Locky was, but I'd view Tooks as pretty successful as well. Tooks was not fun to play against.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Ant said:
Tooks was not fun to play against.

i can't imagine he would be...

I remember rating Michael Witt as probably one of the more dominant SG Ball and Flegg players at the time, as well as Ryan Hinchcliffe who has gone on to play firsts for Canberra

Other then that i was a huge supporter of Willie Tonga as a young guy, and we nearly burst our seams with pride when he played SOO and for Australia

Hutchy86

Juniors
I always rated Mick Vella... from the very first game he played for Parra up until he left us. Deserved his Origin and Test jerseys & was a great clubman.
I never actually saw him play before First Grade.. although I know we beat a fair few other clubs to his signature so I can only imagine the gun footballer he would have been through the ranks.

Nikki

Coach
I just remember his long flowing locks as he came up thru the lower grades :lol: