What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young Stars

dragonssamy61

First Grade
My info re Herbert comes from someone connected to Basil.....that he told the club he was going home to NZ at the end of 2018, hence why he wasn't given a shot in 1st grade last year.

Maybe he and partner are planning a family, and want to raise them near his family in NZ. Just passing on what I was told about why he never got a chance with us. If my info is wrong, I apologize.

Thanks for that dorothy spot on

Old Timer

Coach
Do you believe that the 30 man squad barring injuries should automatically fill the 17 spots in 1st grade and the 1st 13 spots in ISP?

#Obviously your top 17 come from your 30 man squad, the rest of them 13 should fill the ISP squad of 17 on game day unless a younger player is brought up/down as part of their development(pathway)

Do you think that if 2 - 4 “older head” style players outside the top 30 (barring significant injuries) are playing ISP then we have a potential problem?

#.No not at all, your Top30(13) doesnt make a full ISP side so again you still need minimum of 17 players to take the field not including an 18th man as well

How many “old heads” do you think you need for ISP and which positions do you think are most important to have them in?

#I would say atleast/mimimum 4, & also depending on whats needed re "older head" for eg we are very inexperienced in the wing position Pereira, Ravawala, Pearson, Marsters(potentially)
i can see why Maranta was brought in he could mentor them and if they don't work out he may get a gig in 1st grade, so if Millward & co think we need help in certain positions
then they will purchase the experience "older heads" to fullfil those positions, but i have no problem Latimore/Allgood providing a role to help out Kerr,Timms,Blacker
again those 3 could need a bit of guidance, maybe at the end of next year we let Latimore/Allgood go and bring in Mannah i have no issue with that if he is brought in to mentor them, maybe Farah gets a run.If i had to choose what postions i would have older heads if i was starting from scratch, i would go with a Prop as they tend to mature at a latter stage having an older head will help out, maybe a hooker to steer the team around a 6 or 7 hopefully to help out the other and a fullback who can direct players in Defence and attack.

If it is important to have “old heads” for ISP,
#YES
should they all in fact be part of the 30 man squad rather signing some just to play ISP?
#No i don't know the nitty gritty workings of the salary cap / isp cap but if the club thinks the best way is having them in or out of the 30man squad that is fine with me..