What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young Team

SweetandSoward

Juniors
I hate how Hook said in the press conference we are young team and we will learn from our mistakes.

We had a 5 year plan in place.
We had 5 years to grow up.

If we are young team and still building then looks like our 5 year plan has re-started back to year one.

Plus you and Gus told all our experienced players to get lost:
Ivan Cleary - not a player but more experienced coach than Hook
James Segyaro
Elijah Taylor
Jamie Soward
Jeremy Latimore

age.s

First Grade
I think Griffin is right to a degree. The age of our team is a factor in the way we sometimes implode in games. That said it's his job to manage that. If the negative side of having a young team is constantly happening its a clear sign he's not the man to manage this team.

kinghippo

Juniors
The disappointing thing about that comment from hook is how easy an excuse it is for people to accept.

The really young ones have been our best this year, it's the older players that have been truly pathetic.

Chn has been great, Cleary and TMM are playing with no space behind a pack who are getting dominated and offering no second phase play.
Our play the balls are slow and we seem to give away more penalties than anyone, especially in the opposition 20 after a crap 5th play option.
Most of the mistakes yesterday came from our older players too.
Age certainly could be a factor but it is no excuse for what is happening on the field at the moment.

TheFrog

Coach
Ivan Cleary
James Segyaro
Elijah Taylor
Jamie Soward
Jeremy Latimore

Ivan Cleary: We will never know for certain why he was dumped.
Segeyaro: I've never really been sorry to see the back of him, a much bigger loss was Koroisau.
Taylor: We could certainly use his starch in defence, but he hasn't done all that much to save the Tigers from mediocrity.
Soward: The little bloke was broken, unfortunately. Sure could use his kicking game but it came with some serious liabilities in the latter stages of his career.
Latimore: Just an honest toiler, not sure why we couldn't just pay him $150k. Our cap must have been really full.

GongPanther

Referee
Nearly the whole squad is signed up to comfortable and lengthy contracts. I think they must be under the impression that it's all days of wine and roses from now on.

I think Gould should have the entire playing squad meeting in the so called centre of excellence,and test it's roof out.