What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youngest Burgess brother joins Rabbitohs

bunnies

Juniors
Youngest Burgess brother joins Rabbitohs

By Nathan Ryan
29 November 2010 01:11PM EST

EXCLUSIVE: YOUNGEST Burgess brother George will join big brother Sam at South Sydney next year in the NYC Toyota Cup competition.

Although he is contracted to Bradford, it is understood George will join the Bunnies for one season on loan, as he still has another two seasons to run on his deal with the English club.
An insider at the famous red and green club told nospam23.com.au: “George will be at Souths in 2011.
“I think Richo (CEO Shane Richardson) wants to wait to announce it but I’m not going to lie to you.
“He’ll be here next year.”
The 18-year-old twin will leave his brother Tom who also plays with the Bulls to work under newly appointed Toyota cup coach Scott Murray, who joins the club from the Roosters.
The deal was completed late last week with George expected to join Sam for pre-season training in January next year when the International also returns from holidays.
nospam23.com.au attempted to contact both Murray and Souths CEO Shane Richardson, however the pair did not respond.
Burgess is yet to make his Super League first grade debut for the Bulls potentially gaining his debut in the NRL next season.

http://www.nospam23.com.au/ar...ins-rabbitohs/
progress.gif

boo_boo

Juniors
It will be a challenge for both Player & Club.
A big change for George coming in so young to test himself & for Scott Murray to see what he can get out of him.

Robbie 12

Juniors
wow...... man, this club is out standing .....man the bunnie claws are gonna rip in hard in 2011 .....i cant wait

jackb

Juniors
I'm sure that he will be a huge success. Already rated as the best young forward in England and going to a club where he will get plenty of support. I just hope we can keep him for a few years not just the one year on loan!

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm sure that he will be a huge success. Already rated as the best young forward in England and going to a club where he will get plenty of support. I just hope we can keep him for a few years not just the one year on loan!
His contract goes until the end of 2012, so if after the year that we have him, he likes it here so much he can tell his club to let him stay. And he'll still only be 19. We won't have to pay him big until 2013 and we should have plenty of room by then.

jackb

Juniors
Outstanding? ...........40 years and won f**k all lol :lol:

So say a supporter of a 12 year old club with 1 title. We have history and tradition, huge supporter base, great sponsors and many other reasons to feel proud about our club. When you have won another 19 premierships to match ours then tell me about it. Until then - f**k off back the dapto dogs!

hunters

Juniors
Outstanding? ...........40 years and won f**k all lol :lol:
Oh for God's sake. 3 months ago you and your mob before that were in the same boat and you fall over the line once and think all should bow before you.

19 more and you've caught up. :lol:

boo_boo

Juniors
Despite your startling relevation cleary89 other clubs in the NRL are still along way off matching our past achievements.
Keep up the good work mate.

condochook

Juniors
Despite your startling relevation cleary89 other clubs in the NRL are still along way off matching our past achievements.

if you blokes keep looking in the rear view mirror of life,
you will always end up crashing..........
just like the last 3 seasons,and i think 2011 will be no different-just ask mr schubert,champion.:D:D:D

cleary89

Coach

Pity you weren't alive to see any of them. But keep on living in the past, only time you will ever have some success.

How did the best pack in the comp this year go against a second string dragons side when playing to make the finals for the second time in 23 years.

hunters

Juniors
Pity you weren't alive to see any of them. But keep on living in the past, only time you will ever have some success.

How did the best pack in the comp this year go against a second string dragons side when playing to make the finals for the second time in 23 years.
Hah! Your last post talks of our last 23 years! This thread is about our future.

So, do you want to discuss our past (in it's glorious total) or would you like to discuss our future? Or will you just f**k off.

The Clan

Juniors
England Academy have just beaten the Australian Combined High Schools touring team in the 1st Test match by 38 to 30.

George Burgess was immense and went close to being the games star performer, he also outplayed Penriths Matthew Groat (The best young prop in the world) in every aspect of the game, in the end the Ausie pack were well beaten and it was Burgess who did most of the destroying!

The Academy team have'nt played any warm up games and are two months out of season, they will only get better as the series progresses.

Last edited:

jackb

Juniors
England Academy have just beaten the Australian Combined High Schools touring team in the 1st Test match by 38 to 30.

George Burgess was immense and went close to being the games star performer, he also outplayed Penriths Matthew Groat (The best young prop in the world) in every aspect of the game, in the end the Ausie pack were well beaten and it was Burgess who did most of the destroying!

The Academy team have'nt played any warm up games and are two months out of season, they will only get better as the series progresses.

Thanks for the update and great to see young George having a big match. Like I said before, I think he will be a real winner for us.

As for the other schoolboy, cleary - f**k off you pathetic little jerk. This is a Rabbitohs forum and supporters of 12 year old clubs with one title can whinge to each other. No room for your kind of trash here!