What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Younquest flexing his muscles for the Tigers

mightypanther

Juniors
I thought there might be a few Panther fans interested in a peek at Younquest flexing his muscles for the Tigers.

Ok......a few of the female Panther fans..;-) Looking good Nick..\\\\:D/

BTW, according to the news story.......those dumbells weigh 40 kg each.

0,,5848450,00.jpg

Dave Q

Coach
Aprt from the eye-candy, the shot is interesting because it depicts youngers apparently undertaking an interesting training drill.

Weights.

Each weight appears to be at least 10 or 20 kg each. If they are 20 kg each, it means his carrying close to his own body weight over the required distance. Thats an enormous carry.

Motion

He appears to be walking briskly, in a hurry, muscles fully flexed, mind focused, the grimace reflecting serious pain.

Distance

The path seems to exceed 10 metres in length. The further he goes, the harder it gets.

Safety

I'd be worried about this kind of general strength exercise. He needs to be careful lifting and putting the weights down. His shoulders and arms would be severely strained. I would also be concerned about his back.

I think the idea is good and he would probably feel almost weightless when he releases the weights but safety concerns worry me.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Dave Q said:
Aprt from the eye-candy, the shot is interesting because it depicts youngers apparently undertaking an interesting training drill.

Weights.

Each weight appears to be at least 10 or 20 kg each. If they are 20 kg each, it means his carrying close to his own body weight over the required distance. Thats an enormous carry.

Motion

He appears to be walking briskly, in a hurry, muscles fully flexed, mind focused, the grimace reflecting serious pain.

Distance

The path seems to exceed 10 metres in length. The further he goes, the harder it gets.

Safety

I'd be worried about this kind of general strength exercise. He needs to be careful lifting and putting the weights down. His shoulders and arms would be severely strained. I would also be concerned about his back.

I think the idea is good and he would probably feel almost weightless when he releases the weights but safety concerns worry me.

The track was a lot longer than 10 metres. The players were required to complete the track as fast as they can so many tried to run and obviously had to stop because of the weights becoming unbalanced.

Dave Q

Coach
Magpie Nick said:
The track was a lot longer than 10 metres. The players were required to complete the track as fast as they can so many tried to run and obviously had to stop because of the weights becoming unbalanced.

Yes thats right, thats why I said 'seems to exceed' 10 metres.

I'm somehat surprised that they are being asked to run it but not surprised the weights are becoming unbalanced.

The benefits of weight lifting generally is profound. Apart from increasing general strength which helps in all environments you face, the body is still chewing up fat hours afterwards.

Weights are creeping into programs for seniors these days (65+)

My health program officer, she is against jogging and weights simulatneously. She would say one is better off doing longer cardio ( say rowing) and then a dedicated weights regime. But lifting extreme weights is also an unnatural act. A novice is in danger of serious injury if they dont know what they are doing.

These drills seem to be based on an "impact" model of weightlifting where you do shorter bursts of extreme weights instead of a pyramid or step-down model. Then they have added cardio for the 'sweetener.' This is hard-core stuff.

The idea is to get bigger as opposed to acquiring strength of a more enduring type.

I would have thought that the reduction in the interchange is crying out for a change in a program to enhance endurance as opposed to just size as most of the players will need to stay mobile for longer periods.

Good technique and sensible field placement has almost always allowed smaller players to stop much larger and stronger men.

Also, it seems to me that this type of exercise is more dangerous than other types.

Running with these heavy weights could lead to them hitting a knee or becoming unmanagable and landing on a toe or whatever.

Knowing a former Tiger player, I can report that Sheens is a very hard task-master who is absolutely rabid about training, preparation and warm downs (at least an hour, usually in a pool). I suppose he has 'weighed' up the risks!

At the right angle, a 40 kg hit to the knee will smash it to smithereens.

I would have the players carrying at least half that in some ergonomic way but doing greater distances.

They can work more specifically on their arms and legs in the gym in split sessions.

mightypanther

Juniors
Dave Q said:

The story that accompanied the photo quotes the weights at being 40kg each.

mightypanther

Juniors
wittyfan said:
Nicky is starting to now get a good body on him.

I have to say that I think Nick's body has been looking pretty damn good for a long long time.

If he improves on it even more.......then that is a bonus...;-)

wittyfan

Referee
mightypanther said:
I have to say that I think Nick's body has been looking pretty damn good for a long long time.

If he improves on it even more.......then that is a bonus...;-)

Yeah, he's always been heaps fit, but I thought he always could do with fuller pecs. :)

25215939.jpg

Fibroman

First Grade
He needs to put the weights down and get to a good doctor and then get to the oz pharmacy and get on the deca 50, stanazol and other such like testosterone increasing substances.

mightypanther

Juniors
wittyfan said:
Yeah, he's always been heaps fit, but I thought he always could do with fuller pecs. :)

Yep, you're right there.

Here is one that I have always thought was pretty damn hot......mighty nice pecs on Paul Whatuira...:sarcasm:

Saw him up close with no shirt many times when he was with Penrith.....and I enjoyed every one of them

mypic66.jpg

wittyfan

Referee
Paul does have an amazing body, I love the tattoo he has on his lower back, just above his bum. :lol:

He also has a great tattoo on one of his pecs, though the mud and grease on him makes it hard to see.

22640375.jpg

lainey

Juniors
I've tried to attach a couple of pics showing Nick's gorgeous bod but for some reason they won't attach!:crazy: :crazy:

mightypanther

Juniors
lainey said:
I've tried to attach a couple of pics showing Nick's gorgeous bod but for some reason they won't attach!:crazy: :crazy:

Hey lainey, are they from your computer or on the web?

If it's on a website, all you have to do is right click on the properties of the pic and copy the URL address and paste that into the 'insert image' link on the toolbar of the posting box.

If it's on your computer, then you have to be able to upload it to a photo hosting site first, and then follow the same copy and pasting stuff that I put up above.

You've probably already tried that stuff, sorry if you have, but if not, I hope it works.

lainey

Juniors
They're from my photobucket account....I've attached photo's before with no problems but this time.....:crazy: :crazy:

mightypanther

Juniors
wittyfan said:
Paul does have an amazing body, I love the tattoo he has on his lower back, just above his bum. :lol:

He also has a great tattoo on one of his pecs, though the mud and grease on him makes it hard to see.

As long as we can see the most important bits......the muscles......all is good..:lol:

mightypanther

Juniors
lainey said:
They're from my photobucket account....I've attached photo's before with no problems but this time.....:crazy: :crazy:

maybe it's just photobucket having a spaz this time?

lainey

Juniors
Could be...I am usually automatically logged in but I had to do it manually this time. I'll try again later.

mightypanther

Juniors
lainey said:
Could be...I am usually automatically logged in but I had to do it manually this time. I'll try again later.

Good luck. I'll check back later too, cause you can never get enough of a good perve...:lol:

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Dave Q said:

Weights.

Motion

Distance

Safety

the excersize is called a farmers carry fyi

Latest posts