What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your best 2016 team made up of players we currently have and confirmed signings.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Personally I think Mannah's days as a starter are numbered. Will be made "club captain" (i.e. demoted from on field captaincy) and then used from the bench by the end of the season.
:lol: Who would you start ahead of him???? He had his best year since 2011 IMO. Him and Junior are a perfect starting combo.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Personally I think Mannah's days as a starter are numbered. Will be made "club captain" (i.e. demoted from on field captaincy) and then used from the bench by the end of the season.

No chance !! He is the best all round prop we have. Averages 100 plus metres and nearly 30 tackles a game. And rarely misses a tackle. Wicks aren't the best defender. A few want wicks to start over Mannah and question watmough's ability, but if those two don't start just watch us get smash up the middle with poor defence.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Also I reckon he will remain captain or at worse joint captain with Foran. No one else will be considered especially considering his form in 2015. Foran is the only new comer with half a chance.

bartman

Immortal
:lol: Who would you start ahead of him???? He had his best year since 2011 IMO. Him and Junior are a perfect starting combo.
If last year was his best season in the past 5, then I guess that's as god as it gets? I'd start Wicks first 20mins, and bring Mannah on then to do his thing. If Tim can get through 50mins in the middle of the game, I reckon it would make more of an impact on us than playing his time at the start and end.
No chance !! He is the best all round prop we have. Averages 100 plus metres and nearly 30 tackles a game. And rarely misses a tackle. Wicks aren't the best defender. A few want wicks to start over Mannah and question watmough's ability, but if those two don't start just watch us get smash up the middle with poor defence.
Wicks doesn't have to be the best defender to soak up the first 20mins when no-one around him is tired. It's possibly the best time slot for him, if you're worried about the odd defensive lapse? And imagine how fresh Tim can be coming on after 20mins - maybe he can have an even better season in 2016?
Also I reckon he will remain captain or at worse joint captain with Foran. No one else will be considered especially considering his form in 2015. Foran is the only new comer with half a chance.
Tim's a 50min player, no way should he be captain when we've got the NZ vice-captain 80min player in our side. Let Tim be "Club captain" and do all the charity stuff, and give the squad a chance to play under a real game day leader!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If last year was his best season in the past 5, then I guess that's as god as it gets? I'd start Wicks first 20mins, and bring Mannah on then to do his thing. If Tim can get through 50mins in the middle of the game, I reckon it would make more of an impact on us than playing his time at the start and end.

Wicks doesn't have to be the best defender to soak up the first 20mins when no-one around him is tired. It's possibly the best time slot for him, if you're worried about the odd defensive lapse? And imagine how fresh Tim can be coming on after 20mins - maybe he can have an even better season in 2016?

Tim's a 50min player, no way should he be captain when we've got the NZ vice-captain 80min player in our side. Let Tim be "Club captain" and do all the charity stuff, and give the squad a chance to play under a real game day leader!
Wicks is average defensively, awesome. Great idea having him start and leaving our best defensive prop on the bench the first 20. Stick to making up new usernames or being a hater it's what you do best.

Fanbase

Juniors
Mannah had his best year for a while for us this year after the rocket BA fired at him earlier in the year. And Wicks is a good option too.

Parra47

Juniors
1. Gordon
2. Radradra
3. Gutherson
4. Jennings (looks like its going to happen)
5. Faraimo
6. Norman
7. Foran
13. Watmough
12. Mau
11. Scott
10. Paulo
9. Peats
8. Mannah

14. WIcks
15. Dower
16. Moeroa
17. Pritchard, (would be happy with King as well)

Hard to leave out :
Edwards
Tanginoa
Pauli
Alvaro
But could not find a place for them in my top 17. We are covered very well for injuries etc.

caylo

Bench
My team would be:
Gordon
Semi
Taka
MJ
Gutherson
Norman
Foran
Mannah
Peats
Watmough
Manu
Scott
Edwards

Gower, Moroea, Paulo, Wicks

I'd play two locks instead of two props and bring on the big boppers halfway through. Gower and Man'u are a bit of utility players so I don't see the need for an prichard or king and I think DeGois is useless off the bench.
I doubt we'd play this team, just what i would do.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
1. Michael GORDON
2. Semi RADRADRA
3. Michael JENNINGS
4. Brad TAKAIRANGI
5. Clinton GUTHERSON
6. Corey NORMAN
7. Kieran FORAN
8. Tim MANNAH
9. Nathan PEATS
10. Junior PAULO
11. Manu MA'U
12. Beau SCOTT
13. Anthony WATMOUGH
14. Kaysa PRITCHARD
15. Danny WICKS
16. Tepai MOEROA
17. Kenny EDWARDS

Fanbase

Juniors
How boaringavic. Team must have migrated to Aussie to escape third world euro countries. My mates a croate and even he says its a poor backwards dump.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
1. Michael GORDON
2. Semi RADRADRA
3. Michael JENNINGS
4. Brad TAKAIRANGI
5. Clinton GUTHERSON
6. Corey NORMAN
7. Kieran FORAN
8. Tim MANNAH
9. Nathan PEATS
10. Junior PAULO
11. Manu MA'U
12. Beau SCOTT
13. Anthony WATMOUGH
14. Kaysa PRITCHARD
15. Danny WICKS
16. Tepai MOEROA
17. Kenny EDWARDS
I'd go the same top 17 mate, i'd swap Taka and Jennings around but thats the same top 17 i'd have.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I'd go the same top 17 mate, i'd swap Taka and Jennings around but thats the same top 17 i'd have.

So Jennings to wear the #4 and Taka wearing the #3? I've got no problems with that. Taka would still play on the left like he did last season whilst wearing the #4 jersey and Jennings would be on the right.