What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Club's Best Overseas Import?

Booyah

Bench
For Cronulla;

Past - Sorenson Brothers and Tommy Bishop

Present - At this stage Tawera Nikau, but hopefully it'll turn out to be Vagana.

PINGU

Juniors
Booyah said:
For Cronulla;

Past - Sorenson Brothers and Tommy Bishop

Present - At this stage Tawera Nikau, but hopefully it'll turn out to be Vagana.

How could you forget Eion Crossan. What a wonderful buy he was for the club. ;-)

greeneyed

First Grade
The Raiders have had a lot of great players from other countries.. Brent Todd (NZ), Quentin Pongia (NZ), Noa Nadruku (Fiji), Sean Hoppe (NZ), John Lomax (NZ), but Ruben Wiki would have to have been our best.

choc_soldier

Coach
Currently, it would have to be Joe Galuvao.

In the 70's, we had a couple - Bill Ashurst who was a good five eighth, and Mick Stephenson, who was a whole hearted lock.

Mick was one of those "commentators" in the recent Ashes test matches...

PINGU

Juniors
parra_panther said:
Currently, it would have to be Joe Galuvao.

In the 70's, we had a couple - Bill Ashurst who was a good five eighth, and Mick Stephenson, who was a whole hearted lock.

Mick was one of those "commentators" in the recent Ashes test matches...

Stephenson was an excellent buy for the Panthers and really helped the club and the younger players.

Ashurst from what I remember was a brilliant player, but did not help the club as Stephenson did. I also remember Ashurst leaving the club mid season and returning to England. Not exactly a great buy in my books.

gr8_1

Juniors
Wests Magpies - Lee Crooks : only one that did any good
Balmain Tigers - Ellery Hanley
Wests Tigers - Jarrod McCracken (until Kearney ended his career)

But, the best import I seen in Australian League was the pommy Kevin Ward for Manly. (not including Kiwis, to many here :lol: )

PB

Bench
At parra Vince Fawcett and Louis Takairangi! :shock:

Other credable mentions include Iva Ropati, Eparama Navale, Matt Spence :clap:

Barring that Stu Galbraith would have to be our best import ever! (i know at least one supporter who would agree..) :)

The Colonel

Immortal
PB said:
At parra Vince Fawcett and Louis Takairangi! :shock:

Other credable mentions include Iva Ropati, Eparama Navale, Matt Spence :clap:

Barring that Stu Galbraith would have to be our best import ever! (i know at least one supporter who would agree..) :)

Glenn Coughlan for sure!!!

Mind you Mark Horo deserves a good wrap as well.