What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Favourite player 2019

SBD82

Coach
And you don't do that to my posts?
IYO almost everything i post is worthy of you critiquing, questioning, attacking, disagreeing with and for mine that is OK but don't have double standards about it.
Evidently I have to wear the tag of "negativity" as to anything I post even when it is positive, whilst you have cart blanche to do as you like.
Well here we are in 2019 and may you be the first to get a big IDGAFWYTAMP and for all those that question Widdop's heart well you can get f**ked too.
I think you should have layed off the pingas last night OT. The comedown seems to be having quite a negative impact on you.

Old Timer

Coach
I think you should have layed off the pingas last night OT. The comedown seems to be having quite a negative impact on you.
Yet another person with NFI
About time you bothered to find out how positive my post actually is.

SBD82

Coach
Yet another person with NFI
About time you bothered to find out how positive my post actually is.
I'm just concerned for your welfare mate. Seratonin depletion is no laughing matter.

It's sometimes hard to gauge emotion through text, but I quit smoking a few days ago and it still feels like I'm in a better mood than you.

Old Timer

Coach
I'm just concerned for your welfare mate. Seratonin depletion is no laughing matter.

It's sometimes hard to gauge emotion through text, but I quit smoking a few days ago and it still feels like I'm in a better mood than you.
I’m at my best mates eating and drinking, leading the good life and having a fat time doing it unlike those that are fixated and think that Widdop will be less than good for the club this year.
My mental state is fine and am basking in the realisation that Widdop will have a stellar year.
What can be bad about that & by the way good luck giving up smoking I did it cold turkey over 25 years ago and believe me you will be better off for it.

SBD82

Coach
I’m at my best mates eating and drinking, leading the good life and having a fat time doing it unlike those that are fixated and think that Widdop will be less than good for the club this year.
My mental state is fine and am basking in the realisation that Widdop will have a stellar year.
What can be bad about that & by the way good luck giving up smoking I did it cold turkey over 25 years ago and believe me you will be better off for it.
Thanks OT. I'm just stirring. I hope widdop has a cracking season too.

I think our key this year is Norman. When he's on, he's a freak. If we see the best of him we are going to have a great year.

RufusRex

Post Whore
He’s the bloke that according to gitano is infinitely better than his SOO quality centre from last year.

not a ripping endorsement and given the lack of anything resembling press about him i would hazard a guess that there is a familiaral connection in place that we dont know about.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’m never all that keen on exposing juniors to first grade too early (can be disastrous for confidence & development if they struggle) but could be worth seeing what a centre pairing of Lomax & Silverman can achieve..

Maybe 2nd half of Charity Shield could be a time to try it?

gitano

Juniors
I’m never all that keen on exposing juniors to first grade too early (can be disastrous for confidence & development if they struggle) but could be worth seeing what a centre pairing of Lomax & Silverman can achieve..

Maybe 2nd half of Charity Shield could be a time to try it?
I'm a massive Aitken fan obviously but would be open to this. They are a likely future origin pairing for mine. Silverman has Lomax covered already imho

True_Believer

Juniors
Thanks OT. I'm just stirring. I hope widdop has a cracking season too.

I think our key this year is Norman. When he's on, he's a freak. If we see the best of him we are going to have a great year.

Hope I'm not out of line by replying to this post (as it wasn't directed at me), however I also gave up smoking some time ago (probably 14 or so years ago now). Was actually a last minute NY resolution - had the last just before midnight and decided to go cold turkey. Only way I could have done it.

It's nice to stick with a NY resolution occasionally. I've already broken this years.

Back on topic - Taz. Was this year and most likely will remain my fave for as long as he is in the red and white.

On Silverman, I haven't seen him in action but I'm hearing stellar things about him. Hopefully Millward sees fit to sign him long term and Mary gives him a chance this year.

ALSGI

Bench

Stick at it mate. I’ll be checking in on you. If you can go 4 weeks I’ll give it another crack.

ALSGI

Bench
Dufty.

Proven eXcitement machine, jump out of your seat stuff we haven’t had in so long.

I can’t believe so many want him back in ISP after his first year. I think he’s done more than enough to be first pick at FB. If he can improve on defensive issues he’s a long term superstar. If he hasn’t improved on defensive issues then fair enough, we have good options.

DragonJ

Juniors
Hunt was good last year. This year he is going to be as good as he was regularly but have fewer poor games. He will be the best halfback in the competition by the end of this season.

It hurts me to say because he has been really good but McInnes to be released in the first half of the season as it will be impossible, even for McIdiot, to leave Robson out.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Dufty.

Proven eXcitement machine, jump out of your seat stuff we haven’t had in so long.

I can’t believe so many want him back in ISP after his first year. I think he’s done more than enough to be first pick at FB. If he can improve on defensive issues he’s a long term superstar. If he hasn’t improved on defensive issues then fair enough, we have good options.

Here in lies the big issue we face for 2019.
If:......
Dufty plays f/b then Norman will have to come from the bench. That excludes players such as Robson, Field or even Host from the 17.
Widdop plays f/b and Dufty is used as an X factor from the bench. Again, that excludes the players mentioned above.
Its a real issue we face and someone (or 2) will miss out.

Latest posts