What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favourite player

DC80

Juniors
Who is your favourite player? ..why?... and if possible add YouTube highlight reel of that player.

Mine is Ronaldo (prime Ronaldo, not the chunky version that came back after over two years out injured).

The reason he is my favourite is because he remains the best striker I’ve ever seen. A major reason I got Sky Sports installed was to see him play when he signed for Barcelona. Every single game he delivered, not just goals but ridiculous moves. I rank Ronaldo as the greatest sportsman of his era, an era which included Michael Jordan. In his prime he was rapid, his finishing was clinical, but what stood out most was his footwork in one on one situations where he would execute moves to go past defenders or go around goalkeepers. His career was similar to Muhammad Ali in that they had two parts to their career, first half they were lightening quick, both then had two/three years of inactivity for different reasons, second half they were much slower but still achieved great things (Ronaldo winning 2002 World Cup where he was top goalscorer, Ali beating Foreman). I think he walks into an all time greatest XI alongside Pelé in attack.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Who is your favourite player? ..why?... and if possible add YouTube highlight reel of that player.

Mine is Ronaldo (prime Ronaldo, not the chunky version that came back after over two years out injured).

The reason he is my favourite is because he remains the best striker I’ve ever seen. A major reason I got Sky Sports installed was to see him play when he signed for Barcelona. Every single game he delivered, not just goals but ridiculous moves. I rank Ronaldo as the greatest sportsman of his era, an era which included Michael Jordan. In his prime he was rapid, his finishing was clinical, but what stood out most was his footwork in one on one situations where he would execute moves to go past defenders or go around goalkeepers. His career was similar to Muhammad Ali in that they had two parts to their career, first half they were lightening quick, both then had two/three years of inactivity for different reasons, second half they were much slower but still achieved great things (Ronaldo winning 2002 World Cup where he was top goalscorer, Ali beating Foreman). I think he walks into an all time greatest XI alongside Pelé in attack.

For mine the greatest striker I ever saw. Pace, power, technique, vision. He quite simply had it all.

My favourite all time is Robbie fowler. He's the reason I go for LFC. Remember growing up just wanting to be like him when I played soccer.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Used to be Thiago Silva when he played for Milan. Dont really have one atm.

DC80

Juniors
Interesting choices (and reasons for those choices).

When watching Ronaldo videos I tend to skip past any of him in the 2000s as he was a pale shadow of what he was. His movement was much slower, his footwork nowhere near as sharp. The worst part of the weight gain after 3 years out was the chunky thighs; he couldn’t execute feints like he used to, he looked sloppy even. Everything was slower. He also became more of just a penalty box player waiting for the ball to come to him rather than him getting the ball from deep and running at defenders.

More prime Ronaldo at Inter Milan.

Latest posts