What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Grand Final Party, Drinks and Food For The Game

Eelogical

Referee
Let's have it. For me it will be just the two of us at home for the game. On the positive side we'll have the big screen to watch the game on. Some finger food, party pies/pizza- beers and wine will be flowing even before the NRLW game. On the negative side, I wish we were with a bunch of fellow Parra supporters where we could share the waves of emotion that a GF brings.
Beer of choice - Stone & Wood Pacific Ale
Wine of choice - whatever she's drinking
Canapes - Maleny cheese and spinach triangles
Finger food - locally sourced carrot and celery slivers with a homemade hummus dip
Main - low gutted hot dogs with sriracha sauce
Afters - Noosa Bakery lamingtons.

DaveMc

Juniors
A shitload of dim sims and a bucket of soy sauce.

No, I’ll be at the game, and I think I’ll be too nervous to eat anything.

muznik

Juniors
A spit roasted Picanha (& possibly a piece of pork), cooked whilst watching the ladies win
To be eaten with salads & wraps.
Washed down with just enough beers to be still sober enough to watch the main game.
Afterwards a celebration 36 years in the making !

the phantom menace

First Grade
I think we'll be watching it from from home too. Plans so far:

Beers from midday - Coopers Mids, maybe alternating with some zero-percenters I've still got lying around so I don't peak too early
Lunch - maybe some snags on the BBQ
Afternoon Snacks - bag of those Woolies organic corn chips
Dinner - leave that choice up to the better half (she likes food more than footy)
After Dinner Spirits - either posh/gifted Bourbon or Scotch
Matchtime Snacks - box of Shapes (undecided on flavour)
Second-Half Sweets - something with chocolate
Wine - maybe crack a bottle of red late if we lose

hindy111

Post Whore
Cheezels ... And beer or wine ... I have a bootle of champange thats been wanting to be opened if the time is right, even if it tastes luke shit

You should go down to the stadium and watch. If Parra win you may pull a root. Tempt them with your box of tweezels

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Got family and friends coming over, majority are eels supporters….

Will have eggs and bacon for breakfast with the brother and law around 10.00..

then everyone is coming around 1.30

have an antipasto platter to start…

Then doing meat on the Webber (probably lamb, chicken, sausages, prawns) with salad …for around 5.00…while watching the females…

Then get ready for the big one…

Trying not to peek to early, so not sure when to crack the first beer, wouIdnt normally care, but the eels are in the GF, want to remember our first in premiership in 36 years…..might have a couple at 10.00 like the old days (how good were the 3.00 GF’s)….then stop for a bit…

Then party time once we win around the fire pit (if the rain stays away)….

we are then planning on hitting the pub Monday for “hair of the eel”…..

Going to be a bloody good long weekend…

Latest posts