What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your Jamie Soward moments

Godz Illa

Coach
Jimmy Soward came to us in 07, wearing the number 7, and after seven seasons with us will say goodbye.

I want to compile the top 7 Jamie Soward moments in the red v. Give me your nominations and the reasons why.

Starting with his club debut on June 1 2007, where a Saints team made up mostly of youngsters and reserve graders, coming off a huge loss the week before, upset the big guns Brisbane at Kogarah, with the new recruit (in black headgear) nailing a 78th minute field goal to seal it

2007_soward_0.jpg

Mr Red

First Grade
playing a key role in the 2010 grand final especially the cross field kick for the Gasnier try:
r649539_4554959.jpg

blacklock

Juniors
my fav moment was being in the stands for the 2010 prelim against the tigers. watching side on as they set up for that field goal. as its happening the roar in the crowd is just building and building... then when it goes over the place explodes.

one of my all time fav rugby league moments. to do it to the tigers? icing on the cake...........

oh and ofcourse being at the anzac game v the roosters! lol how could i forget :)

Saint Anger

Juniors
Jimmy Soward came to us in 07, wearing the number 7, and after seven seasons with us will say goodbye.

I want to compile the top 7 Jamie Soward moments in the red v. Give me your nominations and the reasons why.

Starting with his club debut on June 1 2007, where a Saints team made up mostly of youngsters and reserve graders, coming off a huge loss the week before, upset the big guns Brisbane at Kogarah, with the new recruit (in black headgear) nailing a 78th minute field goal to seal it

2007_soward_0.jpg

yep !

I'll never forget that game. We were given absolutely NO chance by anyone. Even Happy Dragon had $$$ on the Broncos. Browny probably did too. 11-4 final score I think?

Another great memory for me was at Kogarah a few years back. Nothing doing, Soward chipped over the defence from about 30m out, regathered and in the one motion threw a beautiful pass to his right that found a rampaging Dell who crashed over out wide.

yaaaaaa :crazy:

Hutty1986

Immortal
I know it'll be brought up by most, but the field goal was the stand-out. Under massive pressure and a 3rd prelim final loss in 5 years looming... nails a field goal & the crowd absolutely erupts. Just wish I'd been there, would have been magic.

Seeing his reaction after nailing a sideline conversion in the GF was terrific as well... lets out a roar as the rain is coming down. Just a couple of highlights from a bloke who helped turn this club around.

BennyV

Referee
The game against Parramatta in 2011 that cemented his NSW No.6 Jersey. He really showed what he could do that day, absolutely tore Parra to shreds and made most of the team look silly!

Minh

First Grade
For me Soward was the highlight of this team in all his time here length of the field tries, nobody could catch him, field goals plenty of them and one very significant one. Thank you for the memories Jamie we are indebted and I will be fan forever, never forget 2010 my first witnessed Dragons premiership after watching 5 failed grand finals. I hope you kill it and continue to stick it up all the haters and doubters. Jamie Soward, legend of St George 2007-2013. We have now got Garreth Widdup but there is only one Jamie Soward, makes me wanna shed a tear losing such a club champion.

chris_el

Juniors
my fav moment was being in the stands for the 2010 prelim against the tigers. watching side on as they set up for that field goal. as its happening the roar in the crowd is just building and building... then when it goes over the place explodes.

one of my all time fav rugby league moments. to do it to the tigers? icing on the cake...........

oh and ofcourse being at the anzac game v the roosters! lol how could i forget :)

My vote goes for the 2010 Prelim game as well. When that field goal went over it is still the the greatest crowd i have ever been in.

64 Dragon

Coach
Ditto from me. Being there was like all our Christmases had come at once.

There were a stack of great moments. We all know how to use youtube, just type in Soward and we can be thrilled all over again.

moik

Bench
Definitely field goal v tigers. Aside from that, scoring a great try v titans and tracing the red v on his jersey. One of my fave moments. See my avatar.

Last edited:

BrissyRedV

Bench
Every intercept or run away he had. Always greta seeing those stumpy legs of thosepumping whenhe was in the open and then when he scores always the chest beating. Will miss Jamie.

Dakink

Bench
my fav moment isnt one on the highlight reel. It is those times when he is on song and cranky. When he puts his body on the line, stopping bigger blokes. You can see it lift the team.

My single favourite would the game where he picked up a niggling injury and was looking to dog it to the sideline. Dell grabbed him by the shoulder and you could see Dell say "We need you."
Jamie then bit the bullet and won the game for us. love him and wish him all the best. Will watch Penrith games next year to cheer him on.

LatK7

First Grade
Has to be the field goal. Under that amount of pressure and he just nailed it. Incredible moment.

Another favourite moment was him scoring a try against Wests at Kogarah in 2010. Ran right looking to link up with the centre and winger...steps left, beats about 5 Tigers players and scores himself. Beautiful.

And while not in the Red V, his run at the line to put Mini over in Origin II 2011 was sensational. Shutup a lot of doubters that day.

FlameThrower

Bench
Definitely field goal v tigers. Aside from that, scoring a great try v titans and tracing the red v on his jersey. One of my fave moments. See my avatar.

Yes the 2010 prelim final vs Tigers, it was electric, we were on 40 meter line, a few rows back, and the explosion of emotion, was amazing.... Special mention was the Anzac Games, always a highlight and he really lifted.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Mine is a bit left field. 2010 grand final, in the 1st half Carney has missed 2 conversions and Soward 1. In the 2nd half Flo scores two tries and in wet conditions Soward nails both conversions from the sidelines. After that second conversion I knew we had their measure.

Dragonboyd

Juniors

2009 Performance against the roosters on Anzac day, showing definite signs of his greatness and becoming more prominent in the Saints picture. :cool:

Latest posts