What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW Team for Game 2

Puntastic

Juniors
It is inevitable, so after a messy win against QLD, what (if any) changes would you make, and why?

I'm a big advocate of consistent line ups, but there are still a few changes that could improve our side without interrupting the progress so far.

My SOO side for game 2:

1. Hanye
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Merritt
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Bird
12. Lewis
13. Watmough
14. Grant
15. Woods
16. Merrin
17. Fifita

It's State of Origin, and you cannot have 16 against 17. We would be better off having a bench that we can actually use to its fullest.

Turd was... average. He's a good player, of course, but I think he's one of Daley's Canberra boys, and probably didn't quite earn that spot. Wingers fortunately can be chopped and changed a little. Merritt could have been safer under the high ball.

Buzz Morris was okay, not great. Could have gone with Gordon, who I believe is probably above Morris by a bit. Uate is worth a look, but has been silent this year too.

Going for mobility is fine, but a bit of grunt wouldn't have gone awry. Guys like Bird, Gallen and Watmough can really throw them off their game.

Hoffman was shit. Bellamy isn't coach anymore. Someone send Daley the memo that he doesn't need to keep picking useless storm players.

Anyway, my two cents.

Discuss.

ceagle

Bench
Merrit? Must be a souffs fan.

Would drop Hoffman and also bring in another forward to take Reynolds spot

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Fergo did well

Pearce was the only no show in the NSW team

Pete Cash

Post Whore
What a weird thing to say Merritt would do better. Fergo was perfect under the high ball.

Jono078

Referee
I wouldn't change it.

I think Josh Morris was probably the poorest tonight, but he's capable of better and shouldn't be dropped.

Reynolds would be the only position in question IMO. I wouldn't change anything else unless it were through injury or suspension.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Merritt? Isn't a patch on the size and strength of Fergo.

Hoffman is a waste. Take a prop. Fingers crossed Gidley damages an eyelid or something.

Haffa

:lol: Troll much?

No changes IMO. Maybe a forward for Reynolds if you feel the need.

Puntastic

Juniors
Wow. You guys just don't get it. Why would you change anything except Reynolds?

To me, Fergo never looked confident. Dropped ball on his first run, was solid in defence (no real lapses) but in attack wasn't playing like he is capable of. I'm not convinced that he was the best option - just not SOO standard. If I was the coach, I wouldn't have picked him.

I'm not, so this is purely hypothetical.

Wingers are wingers. Change em, don't, whatever.

Doesn't make a huge difference to me - the top 5 NSW wingers are all perfectly capable, and Turd fits that description. He's just not the best.

More concerned with getting rid of Reynolds, adding some size.

Woods or Grant would have been better than nobody + Hoffman. :crazy:

Reality is, you could make any of those changes and still be fine.

I'm mostly happy with the team that ran out tonight though - don't get me wrong. But Merritt > Morris, and Gordon could have played just as easily too, and 17 is better than 16.

I'm happy to be wrong as long as we win game 2.

Edwahu

Bench
Its origin, how many wingers blitz it in attack? Its not their job at that level.

Puntastic

Juniors
Merritt? Isn't a patch on the size and strength of Fergo.

Hoffman is a waste. Take a prop. Fingers crossed Gidley damages an eyelid or something.

Keep Fergo. Reality is, he can only improve. I'm not that bothered either way. Nor about Merritt. A debate about wingers :lol:

MSIH

Bench
Reynolds out obviously, Grant in.

I'm not a Hoffman fan, but I'd be inclined to keep him.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Not only was Fergo safe under the high-ball, but also gained the 4th most metres (116) in the NSW team. He took a lot of pressure off the forwards tonight and helped get some good go-foward happening.

Pazza

First Grade
Not only was Fergo safe under the high-ball, but also gained the 4th most metres (116) in the NSW team. He took a lot of pressure off the forwards tonight and helped get some good go-foward happening.

How good was Hayne!

Better than your Dragqueen lover boy fullback Josh Bogan!