What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW team for Game III?

little_aza

Juniors
Will Dugan be fit? And if so, will he dislodge Dugan. Will Jennings be back? And if so, will he replace Hopoate? Would he be bold enough to drop Gasnier? And then what about Kade Snowden? After such a strong team performance, who does Ricky select now?

Personally, I'd stick with what was selected in Game II - don't f*ck with the formula. While I think long-term Farah would be better than Ennis, now isn't the time to change. Mini was great, and Hoppa had a good debut...even though Jennings was excellent in Game I. And the forwards gamble paid off, big time. I was a little skeptical to begin with, but after tonight, Ricky showed he can actually coach. Though, I expect Queensland to counter the NSW gameplan with some fire and brimstone at Lang Park in three weeks - mobility won't be as successful next time around.

So a CC of Game II for me:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. William Hopoate
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Tim Mannah
9. Michael Ennis
10. Paul Gallen (c)
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Greg Bird

14. Trent Merrin
15. Kurt Gidley
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Luke Lewis

perverse

Referee
pick the same team. Merrin is optional. can we maybe squeeze Jennings in for Gaz? Gaz is never going to get the ball to Uate... the thought clearly never even crosses his mind. he didn't get many opportunities to do so, but he didn't look to create any either.

all in all though i won't be unhappy to see the team named the same 1->17. it would be very hard to argue with.

I'd maybe look to get Lahrs in there on the bench for Merrin or Creagh (with Watmough starting in his place) but otherwise keep it the same.

grouch

First Grade
lol no changes at all. You reward them with the opportunity to win it all
pick the same team. Merrin is optional. can we maybe squeeze Jennings in for Gaz? Gaz is never going to get the ball to Uate... the thought clearly never even crosses his mind. he didn't get many opportunities to do so, but he didn't look to create any either.
Huh? He gave Uate his best chance with a quite brilliant quick hands pass in the first half there. Uate nearly scored

Johns Magic

Referee
The fact that we won may force Stuart's hand in picking Merrin again, even though he quite clearly didn't want him on the field tonight.

14 minutes then hooked for the rest of the game. And rightly so

TLL is obviously the one Stuart would want to come in, but Stuart would be very reluctant to change a winning team. It wouldn't be a good look, and would fly in the face of his "building a squad" ethos.

perverse

Referee
Huh? He gave Uate his best chance with a quite brilliant quick hands pass in the first half there. Uate nearly scored
sorry, you're right. the offload and stuff. fair call. Gaz's defence was good, too.

i don't think it's too much to drop Merrin, though. winning team or not, TLL is proven impact in Origin.

isaiah

Bench
might have to find someone else to play 80 min, make 234m from 28 hitups, and make 32 tackles, only missing 1.

got any more like that in the hundreds of nsw players in the nrl?

Jason Maher

Immortal
1. Josh Dugan
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
13. Luke Lewis
12. Ben Creagh
11. Beau Scott
10. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Michael Ennis
8. Tim Mannah

14 and 15. Michael Weyman/Dan Hunt/Keith Galloway/Kade Snowden/Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (pick any 2)
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Greg Bird

I still don't think we need Gidley or any other pseudo-hooker on the bench. If we're going to bother, then make it a real hooker (i.e. Farah).

Tough to leave out Mini and Hoppa, but they were only ever ring-ins. Dugan and Jennings should be picked if available. If not, we now know we have 2 very able replacements.

I don't like dropping Merrin, but I don't think he should have been picked for game 1 in the first place. We need a more established prop, preferably 2 (see point above about not needing a bench hooker).

Cliffhanger

Coach
Gidley was damaging in his time on the field, definitely provided impact off the bench, we have an 80 minute prop in Gallen and Gidley was great tonight.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Possibly one change for me. Get rid of Merrin. He's a talent no doubt, but he was picked way too early in my opinion. Swap him with either Snowden or TLL. Can't be giving debuts to players in a decider. Especially at Lang Park, with a fired up Queensland looking to give Lockyer a big farewell. The rest leave as is.

I swear I've been corrected so many times tonight...:eek: