What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW team for Game III?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think we need speed out there. Jennings and Hopa managed to get outside of Nielson quite well a few times. Caused some problems. I think the same idea would be best. Josh Morris is my choice for the moment.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I think we need speed out there. Jennings and Hopa managed to get outside of Nielson quite well a few times. Caused some problems. I think the same idea would be best. Josh Morris is my choice for the moment.

I nearly went that way myself. Thought long and hard about it, but I came to the conclusion that Lewis would be the best option. Firstly, he is a big game player and the longer that he is on the field the better the side is going to be. Secondly, the idea of him drawing two or three players leaving Hayne free is a big bonus. Thirdly, if Hodges comes back then I think Lewis is the only one that can really outdo him. Morris is good, but isn't in the same class as a Hodges. Finally, I don't think Morris is playing well at all. If he was in great form he might have a case, but he hasn't impressed me for at least 3 months.

Dragon2010

First Grade
A few people on here said he would? Easy fix if he won't:

3. Lewis
12. TLL
15. Sims

I though he would be too but he's due back in two weeks so his first game would be Origin after returning he might sneak one in if lucky but more then likely not.

I would even keep Lewis in his usual position, shift Hayne to center and bring in B.Stewart or someone else to cover wing. Just keep Morris away from SOO as long as possible.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I though he would be too but he's due back in two weeks so his first game would be Origin after returning he might sneak one in if lucky but more then likely not.
That's what I originally thought. It's a big risk rushing him back.

I would even keep Lewis in his usual position, shift Hayne to center and bring in B.Stewart or someone else to cover wing.
I think we are even worse off for wingers at the moment. Stewart just doesn't seem ready to me, while B. Morris is absolutely woeful at Origin level. The other club wingers are terrible. Would kill to have Gordon back...

Just keep Morris away from SOO as long as possible.
B or J?

Dragon2010

First Grade
Both Morriss' at the moment. More so B.Moz currently after his shocker in Game I. Heck Od run the mascot before they guy in wing. What other choices do we have for players on left center?

chrisD

Coach
As if Creagh and Scott are going to miss the game. Lewis to center, bring in Sims. The whole mobility pack is a load of wank, they were effective because they're our best players and are considerably better so far in Origin than our numerous failed props.

Raider_69

Post Whore
TLL for Merrin
otherwise unchanged baring injury.

Hoppa is out so hopefully jennings is fit by origin 3. If not, Hayne to centre and Fergo to the wing
Dugan wont be back in time to dislodge mini

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Assuming it's worse case scenario, and Scott, Creagh and Hopoate are all out:

1. Mini
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Gasnier
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Mannah
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Merrin
15. TLL
16. Snowden
17. Gidley

18. Sims
19. Dugan

I like this but am not keen on Snowden.

Spot On

Coach
TLL for Merrin
otherwise unchanged baring injury.

Hoppa is out so hopefully jennings is fit by origin 3. If not, Hayne to centre and Fergo to the wing
Dugan wont be back in time to dislodge mini

Obviously a great talent but surely you can concede he has too many errors in his game at NRL level and would be a liability in Origin at the moment.

I'm a Dugan fan but would not bring him back after the game Mini had.

sam54no

Juniors
1 Mini
2 Hayne
3 Lewis
4 Gaz
5 Uate
6 Soward
7 Pearce
8 Gallen
9 Ennis
10 TLL
11 Scott
12 Creagh
13 Bird
14 Gidley
15 Mannah
16 Watmough
17 T.Simms

Raider_69

Post Whore
Obviously a great talent but surely you can concede he has too many errors in his game at NRL level and would be a liability in Origin at the moment.

I'm a Dugan fan but would not bring him back after the game Mini had.

Id go one of two ways... fergo would either f**k up badly and have his card stamped never to be seen again, or he'd do something freshish and amazing and win the game for them, and go down in SOO folklore
definitely a huge gamble and you are probably right, too risky
the smart play is lewis at centre, tll on the bench and otherwise unchanged if jennings and hoppa cant go. Im a gambler though, id roll the dice with fergo

as for dugan, wont be back in time to even make it a conversation but if he did, id agree

jbl31649

Juniors
I think we need an extra person to help Gallen. Most of the side has a future look, but we also want to stop the series losses now! So with that in mind and current injuiries as they stand!

1. Mini - (Dugand if fit)
2. Hayne
3. Lewis
4. Gaz
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Mannah
9. Ennis
10. Gallen (c)
11. Hindmarsh #
12. Scott
13. Bird

14. Merrin
15. Watmough
16. Creagh
17. Gidley

# We know they are building for the future and next year Tariq Simms will probably be here. But game III is going to be about experience, patience and composer. If we find ourselves in front early. Hindy has a big heart for defence, combined with Gallen - Hindy will know it is his last Origin and will give that herculean effort to help Gallen.

RABK

Referee
Snowden was immense today. 20 runs for 217m and 32 tackles. Perhaps reminding Stuart and Gallen what he is capable of but if he does earn a recall he should make sure his workrate supports Gal like it today.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think we need an extra person to help Gallen. Most of the side has a future look, but we also want to stop the series losses now! So with that in mind and current injuiries as they stand!

1. Mini - (Dugand if fit)
2. Hayne
3. Lewis
4. Gaz
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Mannah
9. Ennis
10. Gallen (c)
11. Hindmarsh #
12. Scott
13. Bird

14. Merrin
15. Watmough
16. Creagh
17. Gidley

# We know they are building for the future and next year Tariq Simms will probably be here. But game III is going to be about experience, patience and composer. If we find ourselves in front early. Hindy has a big heart for defence, combined with Gallen - Hindy will know it is his last Origin and will give that herculean effort to help Gallen.

Hindmarsh isn't needed and Stuart has never used Hindmarsh correctly in the rep games he has had him.

Pazza

First Grade
1.Mini
2.Uate
3.Gasnier
4.J Morris
5.Hayne
6.Soward
7.Pierce
8.Mannah
9.Ennis
10.Gallen
11.Lewis
12.Watmough
13.Bird

14.Gidley
15.Merrin
16.TLL
17.T Sims

Dragon2010

First Grade
Anything to keep Morris (Both) away from a jersey. Lewis to center is a strong option but we loose our strength from the back and if a player gets a run. Like Cooper Donk got a run like he did in Game II he will not be in the position to tackle and cover the up the gut defense.

2. B.Stewart (Come on Has he might not be well enough to play FB but at least winger he's been incredible)
3. J.Hayne (Know it's not his natural position but if Hoppa made the switch (Yes I know he played center in his younger days) surely Hayne can bring in good defense and some good play the ball for Stewart. We will basically have two wingers but Game II was like that with Hoppa/Hayne with Lewis and Choc covering just behind for stronger line defense.
4. M.Gasnier (Defense is good for him now, he does not trust his own pace and that's his biggest let down he has potential to score tries himself and send Uate away but he does not trust his own pace anymore if he does he will have a good game)
5. A.Uate (No explination needed this guy is a machine)