What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Predictions On Where We'll Finish

Bulldog Force

Referee
Since our signings last year, I was under the impression we'd finish around 7-12th. However hearing some positive news about training and how the team is fairing and the new signings slotting perfectly into place and the teams desire to improve along with our new Sportstab figures, I've improved my opinion of our rankings and think we'll fall in the bottom half of the top 8 5th-8th.

Whoosh

Juniors
I think it'll take some time for all the new boys to gel and that might cost us in the end. You can never predict how we'll go with injuries or the bounce of the ball, but I can't see us in the top four, but am sure we'll improve on last year.

I'll think we'll finish between 7 - 10. Obviously hoping it'll be a much better season than that!

Dogs Of War

Coach
Between 3rd and 6th. No way injuries can strike us as hard as they did last year, and we have a much better team all round this season.

Thinking about the dogs line up I predict anywhere from 4th to 8th. Obviously if injuries like with any team farks you up you will be in the bottom 3.

Dogs biggest concern is the lack of depth in key positions.

You have virtually no backups for your starting 17. Its imposing 6-7 injuries at once could lead to some rather tragic scorelines against you.

Liam

Juniors
If thats the case, I expect the dragons to finish 15th-16th, cause we have a much better team that the crap you guys have.

1. Morris
2. Nightingale
3. Boyd
4. Cooper
5. Wendell
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Poore
9. Priddis
10. Weyman
11. Smith
12. Creagh
13. Young

14. Costigan
15. Hunt
16. Paea
17. Stanley
> Anything the Dogs can field.

jimmythehand

Juniors
if both teams played to their best, i'd probably slightly favour the dragons.

but ... how can you expect hornby and soward to carry you around all year?

The good thing about the doggies side is that we've got a player like kimmorley with whom we know what we're gonna get week in week out, and you can build a team around that like the Sharks did, even though he's not a superstar.

Thing about the Dragons is you can't build a team around any of your players because they're so inconsistent and no-one knows what they're gonna do from one week to the next. I'd be very surprised if - everything being equal - over the course of the year the dragons outperformed the dogs.

Dogs 8

Dragons 12

Gaba

First Grade

The good thing about the doggies side is that we've got a player like kimmorley with whom we know what we're gonna get week in week out, and you can build a team around that like the Sharks did, even though he's not a superstar.

Dogs 8

Dragons 12

:lol::lol::lol:

The dogs dont have a 5/8 and if kimmorely is the dogs only attacking weapon the spoon is going to the dogs again

Kimmorely flat passing will hamper any attack the dogs got,

Pattern injury prone and near the end of his career liability - who is the replacement fullback

Ennis will improve the dogs but not what the fans are expecting , the only things the dogs will have is ennis all year , he wont be in the rep sides

Stagg is really only an defensive player. not going to damage teams in attack

The dogs defense will be brittle in the backs and wingers , morris needs attacking players to be an advantage to the dogs, the dogs dont have any attacking players that will make morris a danger. his defense and ball handling are still questionable

The dogs will be facing another long year, they dont have the depth when they lose players due to injurys or suspension maybe rep games

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Well he is , kimmorely will even admit that himself his career is coming to an end , and who is going to be half if kimmorely going to be injured . the dogs are going to struggle in the halves combination big time, and the dogs still havent figured out whos the 5/8 is

Last edited:

jimmythehand

Juniors
oh please, you don't even have one half up to first grade standard to begin with, what are you going to do if he gets injured.

Any team is stuffed these days with injuries to key players, all you're doing is stating the obvious, which itself is only useless speculation.

dubopov

Coach

Thing about the Dragons is you can't build a team around any of your players because they're so inconsistent and no-one knows what they're gonna do from one week to the next. I'd be very surprised if - everything being equal - over the course of the year the dragons outperformed the dogs.

Dogs 8

Dragons 12

With Kimmorley at the helm you've got a good chance of back-to-back spoons.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Because Cronulla have managed so many spoons with Noddy there at half.

Oh... 2008 ladder...

3. Cronulla

:lol: Goose.

Latest posts