What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Rnd 1 vs Storm

Glenneel

Bench
We're all anxiously waiting until the season starts and with 2 weeks to go before our first trial and another few weeks to kick off I thought I would start a team list thread.
Name your team list for the first game of the season and your expected team list when we play in the grand final.

First game
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Blake
4. Peninisi
5. Russell
6. Brown
7. Moses
13. Hopgood
12. Doorey
11. Lane
10. Paulo
9. Hodgson
8. RCG
14. Asi
15. Makapillow
16. Odgen
17. Murchie

Grand Final Team
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Cini
4. Peninisi
5. Russell
6. Brown
7. Moses
13. Hopgood
12. Doorey
11. Lane
10. Paulo
9. Hodgson
8. RCG
14. Asi
15. Matterson
16. Odgen
17. Murchie

Some of the selections are based on reports from TCT, and I know they wax lyrical over some players, but they at least attend training and are best placed to assess the players. Lets hear your thoughts.

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm mostly concerned abut the format of the team list in the opening post.
from 1-7, then 13-8, and then 14-17.

Just needlessly confusing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Team list thread no. 392

I did one 3 weeks ago. Really the side picks itself bar 2 or 3 players. And those 2 or 3 probably aren't difference makers.

I'd say the players to be most excited about and that is a big if are the ones in NSW CUP who could explode like Matalele or Russel -Who may start. Also the Jersey Flegg (Who won't crack NRL this season)

Guys like Murchie,Doorey,Moimsea,Ogden,Greig,Bryce may all be ok. I'm not one to expect much from any of them just based on ages. But you never know. Doorey is probably the most unknown.

If I was to pick a guy who could do something its probably Ogden. If he is fit he is a strong and talented guy.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'm hoping we take after the Kangaroos, and assign our top 30 players jersey numbers in alphabetical order, that they then have to keep for the whole season, regardless of selection

hindy111

Post Whore
Come on guys, this is a bit of fun leading into the season opener.

Whats so fun?

Our side picks itself when fit bar a few guys on the bench who get low minutes.

Waqa is injured so Russel most likely takes his centre spot. Unsure who is on wing if Simmonson and Dunster are not ready.

N.Brown we are trying to move on still. Currenlty we have 2 spots spare in top 30. 3 if get rid of him.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Considering these guys actually see training, their opinion carries some weight IMO.

emjaycee

Coach
Aussie numbers were actually based on number of games played for Australia, with the exception of Teddy as captain
I thought they were in order of first Australian selection... happy to he proven wrong though.

It might have been based on the number of games played for Aust. but it seems like it was longevity based.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I thought they were in order of first Australian selection... happy to he proven wrong though.

It might have been based on the number of games played for Aust. but it seems like it was longevity based.

that's right, and then uncapped players went alphabetically