What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Round 1 team?

Moffo

Referee
I'm going with

1. Ben Barba
2. Bryson Goodwin
3. Josh Morris
4. Ben Roberts
5. Steve Turner
6. Kris Keating
7. Trent Hodkinson
13. David Stagg
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
11. Frank Pritchard
10. Aidan Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
8. Ryan Tandy

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Jamal Idris
16. Dene Halatau
17. Grant Millington

A few comments:

What excites me: Our depth. I had to leave guys like Paea, Armit, Warburton, Payne and Hodgson out of this team. Wowsers! We have bigtime depth this year. We will win games this year off our bench, it is second to none. Even someone like Romelo is not a bad backup if/when Ennis gets suspended during the year

What also excites me: The attacking flair. We may well be the entertainers this year, loads of people in the team who love to attack. Barba will have a field day running off Franky. People are bagging our halves, but they both have FG experience and are still growing. I like our options, with Roberts and Barba waiting in the wings should we need a change

What scares me: The size of our backline. I was tempted to start Idris there somewhere to add a bit of height. We are going to get bombed a lot this year

What also scares me: Endurance. We do have a couple of guys who are known to slack off and not be 80 minute players. The coach needs to be careful with this and manage correctly

I am genuinely excited about 2011. It has the potential to be a big year. The X Factor will be how well the coach can get this team to gel and play together. It has rarely been a problem and will hopefully be no different this year. As good as they were for us, I don't see Hannant and Patten as huge losses. Tolman will be as good as Hannant (if not better) and Patten, whilst a great servant, was nearing the end of his career

Cheers,
Moffo

Last edited:

MatthewA

Juniors
This is the side I'd go with. So many options and it's great to have depth. Criticise away :)

01. Ben Barba
02. Steve Turner
03. Jonathon Wright
04. Josh Morris
05. Bryson Goodwin
06. Ben Roberts
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Andrew Ryan (c)
09. Michael Ennis
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Greg Eastwood
12. Frank Pritchard
13. David Stagg
-
14. Kris Keating
15. Jamal Idris
16. Mickey Paea
17. Ryan Tandy

Wright in the centres has so much potential. He was fantastic for Parra and will only get better. Roberts deserves to start IMO, but I'd have no problem if Keating starts and Roberts comes off the bench as a utility. Idris could have stayed on the bench, but having the versatility and pure impact on that bench (Idris can play 3, 4 positions, Paea can play front and back row) is going to be great.

I doubt anyone who posts a team will go close to what Kev actually picks for round 1, but it's still fun to have a crack.

Last edited:

dogz08

First Grade
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamal Idris
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Greg Eastwood
9. Michael Ennis
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

14. Kris Keating
15. Mikey Paea
16. Grant Millington
17. Ryan Tandy

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Moff, any reason you'd put Goodwin in 2 and Turner in 5, or just trying to be different? :p

Doga

Juniors
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamal Idris
5. Michael Lett
6. Kris Keating
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Greg Eastwood
9. Michael Ennis
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

14. Jake Foster
15. Mikey Paea
16. Grant Millington
17. Ryan Tandy

Moffo

Referee
Moff, any reason you'd put Goodwin in 2 and Turner in 5, or just trying to be different? :p

just mixing it up :cool:

whats the logic with eastwood at prop? i think it would nullify some of his strongest points...interested to hear the logic

Bulldog Force

Referee
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamal Idris
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Ryan Tandy
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Grant Millington
17. Kris Keating

Packy

Bench
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamal Idris
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Ryan Tandy
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Mickey Paea
16. Chris Armit
17. Kris Keating

Godz Illa

Coach
Will Idris be fit for round 1? Just saw him wearing one of those lockable leg braces. Has he had knee surgery recently?

ByRd

First Grade
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamal Idris
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Ryan Tandy
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Mickey Paea
16. Chris Armit
17. Kris Keating
Thats the side i would go with, maybe Millington over Armit.

Doga

Juniors
That is the first I have heard about this. I am sure it is nothing serious...I hope!

Doug2234

First Grade
Cant believe none of u guys have Rauicava.

f**k if u guys dont want him ill take him at Saints.. going to be a wicked centre/winger... have him anyday over Idris or Turner...

MatthewA

Juniors
Rauicava looks the goods, but he can't be expected to take over someone like Idris or Turner. I hope he sticks with us and stays around but he'll probably head off to another club eventually.

innsaneink

Referee
Just want to gauge dogs fans opinion on just who my Tigers may be fronting up against in round one.
Shame its the Mon niter...do you guys envisage trouble?

innsaneink

Referee
Ftr I'll offer up this squad

Moltzen
Brown
Lawrence
Ayshford
Tuqiri
Marshall
Lui
Gibbs
Farah
Payten
Ellis
Heighington
Fulton

Flanagan
Galloway
Dwyer
Fifita

innsaneink

Referee
Scratch Eastwood too.
The betting rort your guys are involved in will take quite a while imo

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmythehand

Juniors
I think you guys are delusional if you think Moore will pick Barba at fullback. I reckon this is what Moore will pick in the backs

1. Turner
2. Wright
3. Morris
4. Idris
5. Goodwin
6. Roberts
7. Hodkinson