What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Samoan team so far?

Robster

Bench
Whats the list of NRL/Super league players who have said yes to representing Samoa in this years world cup?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
As far as I know:

Nigel Vagana
Tony Puletua
Frank Puletua
Ali La'atiti
Iafeta Paelaeseana (spelling ?)
David Solomona
Charlie Leaeno
Kylie Leualai
Setaimata Sa

other players still running around in lower grades:

Mark Meredith
Peewee Moke

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Joseph Paulo was outstanding at halfback for them in qualification so he should be there again. Masada Iosefa is a possibility also.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Paulo played in the qualifiers last year, he's definately a chance.

What about Richie Fa'aoso is he Samoan?

roopy

Referee
What about Richie Fa'aoso is he Samoan?
Cook Islands.

George Carmont was close to their best in every WC qualifier they played right back to their games against the other PI teams where he was captain.
I don't know how he is going in ESL, but if anyone has earn't a spot it's him.

fobsta

Juniors
1 Tangi Ropati Wynnum
2 Francis Meli St Helens
3 Willie Talau St Helens
4 George Carmont Wigan
5 Andreas Bauer Hull KR
6 Nigel Vagana Souths
7 Joseph Paulo Panthers
8 Iafeta Paleaaesina Wigan
9 Motu Tony Hull FC
10 Hutch Maiava Windsor
11 Tony Puletua Panthers
12 David Solomona Bradford
13 Harrison Hansen Wigan

14 Joe Vagana Bradford
15 Kylie Leuluai Leeds
16 Ali Lauitiiti Leeds
17 Seteimata Sa Roosters

Bay Vikings

Juniors
Cook Islands.

George Carmont was close to their best in every WC qualifier they played right back to their games against the other PI teams where he was captain.
I don't know how he is going in ESL, but if anyone has earn't a spot it's him.

Fa'aoso is a Samoan name, is he half Cook Islander and played for them? Not sure if he's good enough anyway.

Hasn't Malo Solomona already played for Samoa last year, he's been tearing up for the Auckland Vulcans?

hutch

First Grade
1 Tangi Ropati Wynnum
2 Francis Meli St Helens
3 Willie Talau St Helens
4 George Carmont Wigan
5 Andreas Bauer Hull KR
6 Nigel Vagana Souths
7 Joseph Paulo Panthers
8 Iafeta Paleaaesina Wigan
9 Motu Tony Hull FC
10 Hutch Maiava Windsor
11 Tony Puletua Panthers
12 David Solomona Bradford
13 Harrison Hansen Wigan

14 Joe Vagana Bradford
15 Kylie Leuluai Leeds
16 Ali Lauitiiti Leeds
17 Seteimata Sa Roosters

solid side, dont forgot there has to be at least 3 locally produced players though, so this side is not possible.

Bay Vikings

Juniors
tongan father, australian mother, he has previously played a number of tests for tonga.

I knew it wasn't a Cook Island surname which are usually similar to Maori cos the language is so close.

I didn't think the Tongan language used a'a, at least I can't remember seeing it in any Tongan names. It's good to see he's available for Tonga anyway.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Both Tony and Frank Puletua have said they will be playing for Samoa from now on.

If Masada Iosefa isnt in the NZ squad he will be playing for Samoa. He was in the NZ senior squad in England last year so its a possibility, even without 1st grade experience as yet.

hitman51

Juniors
I knew it wasn't a Cook Island surname which are usually similar to Maori cos the language is so close.

I didn't think the Tongan language used a'a, at least I can't remember seeing it in any Tongan names. It's good to see he's available for Tonga anyway.

Bay viking you are riight in saying that in fact richard is tongan but the faaoso name is a samoan name that was carried over to tonga some time back buy a member of thier family who was samoan they just kept the name.

in both culture you'll see similar names but if your tongan or samoan you will know that those names do not come from thier islands. You will mostly find samoan names in tonga than the other way round. Remember jammal lolesi well i was told by some samoans that lolesi is a tongan name carried over to samoa sometime back.

roopy

Referee
Bay viking you are riight in saying that in fact richard is tongan but the faaoso name is a samoan name that was carried over to tonga some time back buy a member of thier family who was samoan they just kept the name.

in both culture you'll see similar names but if your tongan or samoan you will know that those names do not come from thier islands. You will mostly find samoan names in tonga than the other way round. Remember jammal lolesi well i was told by some samoans that lolesi is a tongan name carried over to samoa sometime back.
Must be one of the other Knights recruits who is a cook islands player then - sorry.

Another Knights guy for Samoa is Mark Tuafua who played a few games of firstgrade last year and is developing really well in PL at the moment. He should be a firstgrader if the Knights get a few injuries.

Latest posts