What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your side

eel01s

Bench
I like the idea of Matto at 6, with Davey to start, but can Matto or Moses play on the left side?

Nuikore brings great impact off the bench.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think the only reason sivo doesn’t get dropped is because of his try scoring record, and the fact fergo has zip.

If fergo had the tries and sivo zip, sivo would of lost his spot ages ago.

While I agree some changes are required, no NSW cup isn’t helping put pressure on the NRL side.

generally there is always 2-3 players making the case in NSW cup they deserve a shot, but not the case this year.

chiefy1

Juniors
The problem is they jam up and/or in and are left in no man’s land covering nobody. It’s almost as if they are avoiding making the decisive read and covering the space between attackers as an each way bet.

If you jam in it's fine as long as you have cover coming around the back to tackle the winger. However if you're backed up on your own line it's a massive risk as there's no time for the cover defense, and that's when a sliding defense should take over to push the winger out of play.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The problem is they jam up and/or in and are left in no man’s land covering nobody. It’s almost as if they are avoiding making the decisive read and covering the space between attackers as an each way bet.

Yep, agree or disagree, it’s our structure, if you are jamming up / rushing up, you have to make the tackle (or at least slow them down enough for the cover defence). Off course occasionally the structure comes unstuck and tries are scored.

I reckon generally Blake is making the correct read, but he is terrible at finishing the tackle - Taka is slower and played within the same structure but while he was beaten for pace at times, he nearly always made the tackle.

Sivo is showing us just how good Semi was defensively. Sivo not only misreads the attack plenty of times, he is to slow to recover. He always rushes up, totally missing the play.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Defensive coach overrides the head coach, or carries out the head coaches instructions?
I don't think that the defensive coach has no say or influence and is just doing what the Head Coach is directing him to. Why have a defensive coach then? Any dickhead can follow orders.

You want to blame the head coach for everything but I think the defensive coach is also implicated when questioning any poor defensive structures. They've both f**ked up somehow.

IFR33K

Coach
I don't think that the defensive coach has no say or influence and is just doing what the Head Coach is directing him to. Why have a defensive coach then? Any dickhead can follow orders.

You want to blame the head coach for everything but I think the defensive coach is also implicated when questioning any poor defensive structures. They've both f**ked up somehow.

The head coach chooses his staff. If theres something the head coach isn’t happy with, he should be addressing it. Not sure what you’re trying to achieve with your comments

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The head coach chooses his staff. If theres something the head coach isn’t happy with, he should be addressing it. Not sure what you’re trying to achieve with your comments
I'm highlighting the obvious position that the head coach is not entirely to blame. If there was a modicum of common sense from posters such as yourself that wouldn't need to be stated.

Your hatred and dislike of BA is clouding your ability to think rationally.

IFR33K

Coach
I'm highlighting the obvious position that the head coach is not entirely to blame. If there was a modicum of common sense from posters such as yourself that wouldn't need to be stated.

Your hatred and dislike of BA is clouding your ability to think rationally.

Well that’s an opinion of yours and mine has been stated previously. Chasing me around the forums is a little childish I have no time for your games.

I’ve previously stated BA May be a decent guy and coach and a change may be good. Hate is a very strong word.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well that’s an opinion of yours and mine has been stated previously. Chasing me around the forums is a little childish I have no time for your games.
Chasing you around the forums? Pull your dick mate - I respond to everyone and have stats to prove it.

I'll do you a deal. If you stop with the incessant, negative, ill informed, anti-BA, anti-eels dribble then I suspect you'll be so boring that I won't need to respond.

IFR33K

Coach
Chasing you around the forums? Pull your dick mate - I respond to everyone and have stats to prove it.

I'll do you a deal. If you stop with the incessant, negative, geniused, anti-BA, anti-eels dribble then I suspect you'll be so boring that I won't need to respond.

Lol stats to prove it. :joy:

Tough talk on a forum bud, well done to you. I’m not stopping shit, not for you or anyone.

But for your previous post, if the head coach isn’t entirely to blame, why is it the head coach that’s most likely always sacked by nrl clubs.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lol stats to prove it. :joy:
If I went through every post and worked out who I responded to you'd be low on the list.

Tough talk on a forum bud, well done to you. I’m not stopping shit, not for you or anyone.
Just the response I was after and a nice way to prove my point for me.

Can you see why perhaps it wasn't a great idea to suggest that I was chasing you around the forum? The reality is that we can all do what we want. I'm just responding to posts as I see fit and should be allowed to do so.

But for your previous post, if the head coach isn’t entirely to blame, why is it the head coach that’s most likely always sacked by nrl clubs.
Because clubs generally need to appease impatient people such as yourself.

IFR33K

Coach
If I went through every post and worked out who I responded to you'd be low on the list.

Just the response I was after and a nice way to prove my point for me.

Can you see why perhaps it wasn't a great idea to suggest that I was chasing you around the forum? The reality is that we can all do what we want. I'm just responding to posts as I see fit and should be allowed to do so.

Because clubs generally need to appease impatient people such as yourself.

Ok splinters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore