What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team for the World Cup

TheSaint

Juniors
Who Are You Going For?
Who do you think will win?
Who Do you want to see humiliated?
Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament?
If Australia was their, how would they go.

TheSaint

Juniors
Who Are You Going For? As a proud unashamed Anglophile, England and Poland as my second team due to my heritage.
Who do you think will win? Probably France again.
Who Do you want to see humiliated? Argentina, USA
Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament? England. Everyones written them off and their form hasn't been great of late, but I expect to see big things. I think Japan will go a fair way as well
If Australia was their, how would they go? Eleminated in the Second Round. 32 teams is a bit of a joke. I think if Australia made it, they would have a good chance of going through if they were in any other group then the group of death.

Who Are You Going For? - I haven't really looked, but I always like to see the African countries do well. The big 'going for the underdogs' thing.

Who do you think will win? - Brazil - they are just foxing.

Who Do you want to see humiliated? Argentina

Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament? - Japan, they will have done all the groundwork to do well.

If Australia was their, how would they go. - Might make the second round.

Tutt Army

Juniors
Who Are You Going For? Go On JAPAN!!!

Who do you think will win? France

Who Do you want to see humiliated? Uruguay

Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament? Ireland, I reckon they'll be fired up big time, nothing like controversy to bond the team together.

If Australia was their, how would they go. Depends on which group they were put into,I think they would of been competitive but there lack of big game experience as a team stood out like a beacon after the Uruguay games.

L

legend

Who Are You Going For? Denmark
Who do you think will win? France by a mile
Who Do you want to see humiliated? Argentina/ Uruguay/ Italy
Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tournament? Nigeria
If Australia was there, how would they go. terrible. Guys like Viduka crack under the pressure and strain of continual top class matches. He even said so after our disastrous loss to Uruguay. What a pussy.

P

pepe

my team-engerland and cameroon
hate-argentina,i still remember there terrible sportsmanship from 78'' and..........
roughie-nigeria,they are due to make there precense on the world stage.
champion-france
australia chances-we were shown up against uraguay, we lack the ball skills of other countries,we need another 10 harry kewells before we are a force,viduka is another quality player,he lacked support up front in the soccerroos campaign.

pepe

E

Edwahu

Who Are You Going For?
Normally it would be the Netherlands but with them missing outI guess it will have to be the Poms.

Who do you think will win?
Argentina

Who Do you want to see humiliated?
May as well say Uruguay.

Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament?
Portugal

If Australia was there, how would they go.
Depends on the draw but they would probably be going home early

who am i goin for - germany/croatia
who will win- argentina
surprise packet-england
humiliated - brazil,usa,france
aussies- if we had zelic,agostino,lazaridis i think we could make second phase
also depending on the group

imported_GavBT

Juniors
Who Are You Going For? I'm grudgingly going for England, along with Japan and Sth Korea. Who do you think will win? Brazil
Who Do you want to see humiliated? Germany, France and Argentina.
Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament? Japan in their own backyard will do well, also Cameroon and Nigeria.
If Australia was their, how would they go. They wouldn't get past the group stage, rather like the Yanks.

imported_Docker

Juniors
Who Are You Going For? Brasil
Who do you think will win? no idea
Who Do you want to see humiliated? England
Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament? Nigeria
If Australia was their, how would they go. Home after the first round

And why do so many want to see southern hemisphere countries humiliated? and why do you want the freeking Poms to win?

imported_bronco

Juniors
Who Are You Going For? Ireland
Who Do you want to see humiliated? France.and England
Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament? Japan
If Australia was there, how would they go? They'd wouldn't make it out of the group stage.

Pepe - I like Nigeria as well, but if memory serves, they are in the same group as Argentina and England
emangry.gif

Who Are you going for? Brazil
Who do u think will win? Brazil (easy draw, they have gone the fox until now, and Ronaldo is back)
Who Do u want to see humiliated? England (again lol), and France
Who's your tip for the surprise packets? Cameroon and Spain (put a $5 on each of them)
If Australia was there? If they had a good draw, second round. No more then that

Honestly lads, Brazil are $6.50 and worth an investment
emwink.gif
You can all shout me the
embeer.gif
after the WC final lol

Moffo.

P

pepe

who do i want to see himilated-almost forgot, the arrogant germans,preferably in a penalty shootout!!!!

mfc,nigeria are in the group of death,i have a feeling they might just pip engerland for a place in the 2nd stage.

pepe

imported_weasel

Juniors
Who Are You Going For? Portugal
Who do you think will win? Umm.... hopefully Portugal... or Argentina.
Who Do you want to see humiliated? England. I think people that are saying they will emerge from the group of death are seriously underestimating both the Swedish and the Nigerians.
Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament? Well if I'm correct about England not progressing past the group stages then either Nigeria or Sweden. Russia might suprise too.
If Australia was their, how would they go. Depends on the ease of the group we got drawn in. If we found ourselves substituting one of the teams in say Group D or G or H I'd back us to make the second round.... otherwise out in the group stage.

B

Bomber

Who Are You Going For? Probably France again, might have a look at the Portugese while I'm at it Who do you think will win? France or those fricking Argentinians or Brazilians
Who Do you want to see humiliated? Argentina, Brazil, England, Germany
Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament? China could well make the second round, they're in the 'Joke' Pool - Brazil and three nawabs
If Australia was there, how would they go. Utterly hopeless. Three losses. Even if they were drawn with Senegal, Paraguay and China.

O

ozbash

Who Are You Going For? ENGLAND Who do you think will win? DUNNO,NOT IRELAND
Who Do you want to see humiliated? ANY STH AMERICAN OUTFIT
Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament? GERMANY
If Australia was there, how would they go.WHO CARES ?, PROBABLY USELESS, BUT THE KIWIS WOULD DO SURPRISINGLY WELL COS WE WOULDNT HAVE ANY ITALIANOS OR GWEEKS IN OUR TEAM, JUST KIWIS !!

Who Are You Going For? Sweden. (I'm normally a Dutch fan aswell but as statedthey didnt make it...).

Who do you think will win? England or Sweden (
emwink.gif
).

Who Do you want to see humiliated? England, France & the Seppos.

Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament? Swedenor Croatia.

If Australia was their, how would they go. Shite, plain & simple.

C

CanadianSteve

Who Are You Going For? England, as they have Canadian-born Owen Hargreaves on the team

Who do you want to see humiliated? Germany, Italy - because I find their fans in Canada overbearing

Who's your tip for the suprise packets of the tornament? don't know

If Australia was there - no idea
In 94 I went to see the Germans train at a resort near my home, just before the WC in the US. They were very impressive up close. There were about 100 people there watching from the edge of the field. I'd never been to a world-class soccer game, so it was amazing to see their skills from so close a vantage point. But they didn't do very well that year