What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v Manly

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Assuming Pearce is out and Lilymans wife has given birth

1 Ponga
2 Sio
3 Mata’utia
4 Ross
5 SKD
6 Buhrer
7 Cogger
8 Ese’ese
9 Griffin
10 Lilyman
11 Fitzgibbon
12 Guerra
13 Barnett

14 Watson
15 Heighington
16 D Saifiti
17 Yates

18 Lamb
19 Levi
20 J Saifiti
21 King

I understand I may get roasted for putting Buhrer at 6, I just don’t like the idea of having 2 young kids in the halves especially at the start of the game.

Glendale

Juniors
1. Ponga
2. SKD
3. Sione
4. Ross
5. Sio
6. Cogger/Watson
7. Lamb
8. Ese'ese
9. Griffin
10. Lillyman
11. Fitzy
12. Guerra
13. Barnett

14. Buhrer
15. Heighno
16. Yates
17. D Saifiti

18. J Saifiti
19. Cogger/Watson
20. Levi
21. Denniss

-Before we signed Pearce Watson and Lamb trained most of the offseason together so they will be the halves pairing. I wouldn't mind seeing Brown give the Cogger-Lamb combination a try though.
- Yates has played himself into a jersey, meanwhile the Saifiti boys are hitting their straps and I'm not sure how long Lillyman will be able keep one of them out of the team for. If we keep playing the way we did yesterday then they're all good problems to have.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
1. Ponga
2. SKD
3. Sione
4. Ross
5. Sio
6. Cogger/Watson
7. Lamb
8. Ese'ese
9. Griffin
10. Lillyman
11. Fitzy
12. Guerra
13. Barnett

14. Buhrer
15. Heighno
16. Yates
17. D Saifiti

18. J Saifiti
19. Cogger/Watson
20. Levi
21. Denniss

-Before we signed Pearce Watson and Lamb trained most of the offseason together so they will be the halves pairing. I wouldn't mind seeing Brown give the Cogger-Lamb combination a try though.
- Yates has played himself into a jersey, meanwhile the Saifiti boys are hitting their straps and I'm not sure how long Lillyman will be able keep one of them out of the team for. If we keep playing the way we did yesterday then they're all good problems to have.

I’d go with the team you picked however I’d have Watson at 5/8 and cogger in reserve grade, largely because cogger is leaving next year.

Old dog

Juniors
1 Ponga
2 Sio
3 Ross
4 Sione
5 SKD
6 Cogger (give Watson time to recover)
7 Lamb
8 Dan S
9 Griffin
10 Jacob
11 Fitz
12 Guerra
13 Esee
14 Buhrer
15 Yates
16 Barnett
17 Lillyman/Heighinton
18 Heighinton/Lillyman
19 King
20 Levi
21 Dennis/Watson

PhilGould

Bench
Cogger isn't going to get dropped after a win, Brown basically said that himself in the post match conference. It'll be Cogger and Watson, or Cogger and Lamb if they give Watson another week.

Spot On

Coach
I hope we keep that line speed in defence we showed last night over the rest of the season. We can compete with most if we are prepared to do that. A bit more aggression against the bigger packs will go a long way to keeping us in games for longer.

Noname36

First Grade
I'd play Lamb and Cogger and give Watson another week to recover. At least they know one another's games.

Johns Magic

Referee
Cogger isn't going to get dropped after a win, Brown basically said that himself in the post match conference. It'll be Cogger and Watson, or Cogger and Lamb if they give Watson another week.

I only listened once but that's not really how I interpreted Brown's words.

We are very lucky to have a guy as good as Lamb to fill the 7 spot after Pearce's injury. I know he hasn't had a great last month but we saw last year he has it in him. I am hoping he's given the reins.

Burwood

Bench

Watson and Lamb were the intended halves pairing mid 2017, but considering Pearce joined the club for training at the very beginning of December I doubt the Watson/Lamb combo had any chance to develop. The first part of preseason training is also spent on testing and fitness- they probably didn’t even have a ball in their hands until after Christmas.

The Lamb/Cogger combo would have been developing nicely for the last few years, so I agree that I hope they are given the chance together in first grade.

Willie Ray

Bench
I kinda like Buhrer at six with the C beside his name,defends above his weight and they're going to need a leader now Pearce is gone.
Interested who you guys would have as captain...

Yosh

Coach
I'm honestly finding it hard to choose who to leave out of the forwards.
Ese'ese is a must.
Fitzy has been playing out of his skin and is almost the first name on the team sheet in my opinion.
Barrnett and Guerra definitely deserves spots.
Both Saifiti boys have been improving and provide some much needed size.
I think having at least one of Heighington and Lillyman on the pitch is extremely important for us as most of our forwards are so young. So both would make my 17...
So for me one of Buhrer or Yates to drop off but both have been pretty solid as well. Great headache to have.

Dave_

Juniors
I would actually love to see how Ponga would go at halfback. If we weren't so slim in the outside backs I'd have him in the 7 for sure. Would kill it I reckon

Burwood

Bench
Believe it or not, I actually sat through that game just now and whole heartedly agree.

They are diabolically bad.

And they look to be deeply seated issues. It appears they’ve either stopped playing for each other, the coach, or both.

1. Ponga
2. SKD
3. Sione
4. Ross
5. Sio
6. Buhrer
7. Cogger
8. Herman
9. Griffin
10. Lillyman
11. Fitz
12. Guerra