What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v the Dragons

Meth

Staff member
Any word on how long Locke is out for? And Price?

1- McKinnon
2- Locke/Ah Van
3- Hohaia (Ropati needs to go)
4- Moon
5- Vatuvei
6- John
7- Jones
8- Price/Packer
9- Henderson
10-Rapira
11-Mannering
12-Matulino
13-Luck

Res- Heremaia, Brown, Royal, Packer/Ta'ai

Lillyman and Ropati gooorne

ozbash

Referee

Still clinging to life in the National Rugby League (NRL), the revived New Zealand Warriors are hopeful of returning to full strength for a daunting visit by the table-topping Dragons on Sunday.
The Warriors broke a three-match losing streak with a 30-24 win over the bottom-placed Sydney Roosters at the Sydney Football Stadium yesterday, thanks to a double from Manu Vatuvei and a 90m dash from fullback Wade McKinnon in the 75th minute.
It left them five points outside the top-eight, and still probably needing to win their final seven matches to make the playoffs for a third consecutive year.
The Warriors won without two of their best players, captain Steve Price (concussion) and young winger Kevin Locke (shoulder) who was ruled out on Friday and remained in Auckland.
Team doctor John Mayhew was confident both would be passed fit to face Wayne Bennett's Dragons at Mt Smart Stadium.
Price returned from Wednesday's State of Origin finale with concussion from a Brett White punch, as well as heavy bruising to the hip, and rib cartilage damage.
"With the concussion he seems to be coming through quite well. He'll go through the psychometric tests this week but I'd say he's a good chance of playing next week," Mayhew told NZPA.
"Kevin was touch and go for this game, so we're hopeful when we get back (today) it would have settled down and he may be available. It doesn't appear to be a major injury."
Locke suffered the rotator cuff strain in the 14-18 defeat to the Bulldogs last weekend. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/2608664/Buoyant-Warriors-cross-fingers-over-injuries

Revelation 3:20

Juniors

1- McKinnon
2- Locke/Ah Van
3- Hohaia (Ropati needs to go)
4- Moon
5- Vatuvei
6- John
7- Jones
8- Price/Packer
9- Henderson
10-Rapira
11-Mannering
12-Matulino
13-Luck

Res- Heremaia, Brown, Royal, Packer/Ta'ai

Lillyman and Ropati gooorne

Agree, with those two!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Lillyman's not going anywhere friends. I agree he's offering little but let's be realistic - he's not getting the chop in 2009.

If Ah Van>Kemp then my bum is a fire engine. And I've never fought any fires with it.

Rich102

Staff member
Is that a siren I hear or just you letting off wind?
Ah Van is no superstar but way better for this team than he whose name shall not be mentioned.

Meth

Staff member
Ah Van was good yesterday. Yes, his defense was leaky, as we know it can be; but it was unwise to pair him with Ropati, who was woeful; put a decent defensive centre next to him, and he will be fine. He was great with the ball in hand

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Is that a siren I hear or just you letting off wind?
Ah Van is no superstar but way better for this team than he whose name shall not be mentioned.

As per the Dragons/Fien scenario, would you see the Bulldogs seeking Ah Van's signature ahead of Kemp? Somehow I would expect not.

I'll be the first to admit Kemp has been below-par this year but management has much to answer for in that regard. I note Kemp was ahead of Ah Van for the Broncos match, so he's been put out to pasture again.

Liam

Juniors
1. McKinnnon
2. Locke
3. Likiliki/Bristow
4. Moon
5. Vatuvei
6. John
7. Heremaia
8. Price
9. Brown
10. Rapira
11. Mannering
12. Matulino
13. Luck

14. Hohaia
15. Ta'ai
16. Packer
17. Henderson (as a backrower)

Rovelli

Bench
What Cleary will go with:
McKinnon, Locke, Mannering (gasp), Moon, Vatuvei, John, Jones, Rapira, Henderson, Price, Lillywoman (gasp), Brown, Luck

Hohaia, Packer, Matulino, Royal

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I think Ivan has learned his lesson re Mannering and centres. I know J Ro was rubbish but I don't expect to see him dropped this week. Having said that, Matt Cooper (I think they're on the same side) must be licking his lips.

One Warrior

Bench
1. McKinnon
2. Locke
3. Likiliki
4. Moon
5. Vatuvei
6. John
7. Jones
8. Price
9. Henderson
10. Rapira