What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team Vs Goosters

Clifferd

Coach
1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoluma
3. Kevin Naquiama
4. Tim Simona
5. Josh Addo Carr
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Ava Seeumanifagi
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Elijah Taylor
14. Matt Ballin
15. Tim Grant
16. Sauso Sue
17. JJ Felise

18. Michael Chee Kam

Rankin and Lovett a bit unlucky to miss out but if we are serious about this season that is our strongest line up we can put out this year imo

Moses if his groin is good can kick goals if not then Simona

Also tempted to swap Naquiama and MCK but Kevin was pretty decent in attack and solid in D v Broncos, so I'd leave him there

Depending on how Woods pulls up for origin he could swap roles with Grant and start off the bench

Last edited:

Tigerted

Juniors
Clifford that's an excellent side on paper & most likely the strongest team we can field.

However I can't imagine Taylor dropping either Rankin or his pet Lovett who admittedly always tries his best.

I hope I'm wrong but I reckon if everyone is available that JAC will be playing state cup.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah agreed fully. Actually been watching Rankin up closely with his quick stint at fullback & he seems like a leader out there. Barking instructions to all his team mates and organising plays, I have a feeling he's pretty popular amongst the playing group & is playing pretty solidly to boot. But do u really drop someone whos been close to man of the match last 2 starts...obvious question is no

Lovett just lacks size & aggression but agree he tries his guts out

Tigerted

Juniors
I like the idea of Rankin @ 5/8.However the fraud currently @ 5/8 won't get demoted to state cup where he belongs due to the massive money he's on.

We can not continue into the future with both brooks & Moses as our halves.Im starting to believe brooks has struggled coz he seems introverted & as he doesn't possess moses's cockyness it's affected his form..He needs to be told to & hence given the confidence by Taylor to take control of the team & a mature & humble 5/8 like rankin may likely bring the best out of brooks .

Clifferd

Coach
I like the idea of Rankin @ 5/8.However the fraud currently @ 5/8 won't get demoted to state cup where he belongs due to the massive money he's on.

We can not continue into the future with both brooks & Moses as our halves.Im starting to believe brooks has struggled coz he seems introverted & as he doesn't possess moses's cockyness it's affected his form..He needs to be told to & hence given the confidence by Taylor to take control of the team & a mature & humble 5/8 like rankin may likely bring the best out of brooks .

If Brooks had Moses confidence he'd be a world beater wouldn't he. Atm Moses has all the confidence in the world & is failing miserably at it. Last couple weeks has proved when Brooks calls the shots we are much better team

Tiger05

First Grade
I think the only player that you can drop for Rankin to stay in the team is Moses. I'm not convinced that Rankin is better than Moses though.

Tiger05

First Grade
If Brooks had Moses confidence he'd be a world beater wouldn't he. Atm Moses has all the confidence in the world & is failing miserably at it. Last couple weeks has proved when Brooks calls the shots we are much better team

I used to rate Moses higher than Brooks but Brooks is starting to show (at least in my opinion) that he may be a quality NRL half.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It's great to put up teams we want but I'll be shocked if it isn't this:

1. Tedesco
2. Rankin
3. Naquima
4. Simona
5. Nofoaluma
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Seumanifangi
11. Aloiai
12. Lawrence
13. Taylor

14. Sue
15. Grant
16. Halatau
17. Lovett

18. Felisse
19. Chee-Kam
20. Ballin

We'll name an extended squad with Farah and woods backing up but the 17 will be this. As much as I'd love JAC in the wing Taylor will play Rankin. The only slight change could be Ballin sneaking in for Lovett/ Halatau but I think Taylor will stick with Dene filling in at dummyhalf.

Clifferd

Coach
It's great to put up teams we want but I'll be shocked if it isn't this:

1. Tedesco
2. Rankin
3. Naquima
4. Simona
5. Nofoaluma
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Seumanifangi
11. Aloiai
12. Lawrence
13. Taylor

14. Sue
15. Grant
16. Halatau
17. Lovett

18. Felisse
19. Chee-Kam
20. Ballin

We'll name an extended squad with Farah and woods backing up but the 17 will be this. As much as I'd love JAC in the wing Taylor will play Rankin. The only slight change could be Ballin sneaking in for Lovett/ Halatau but I think Taylor will stick with Dene filling in at dummyhalf.

TT off the official Tigs forum said Simona has a niggling injury will probably miss out which guarantees JAC a spot again. Ballin also has to be there imo, turned the game around completely when he came on..much better value than Halatau

Simona was limbing towards the end of the Broncos game so he may be out this week solving the selection issues in the backline,regardless i would like to see JT pick the players that the opposition prefer not to play against,JAC imo should always be in the side.

Latest posts