What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team vs. Sharks

blain

Juniors
You're taking the piss, 2 Fullbacks on the wings (where they have both struggled), a half at fullback and our only second rower with attacking ability in a position he has failed at numerous times at 6? Never go full genius.

hitman82

Bench
While my initial reaction to Johnson at fullback is: ridiculous, I actually think he could be awesome there. It'll never happen though.

Aragorn

First Grade
You're taking the piss, 2 Fullbacks on the wings (where they have both struggled), a half at fullback and our only second rower with attacking ability in a position he has failed at numerous times at 6? Never go full genius.

remind me again who played on the wings in SOO? centers and FB's.... no regular wingers.. what is that saying?....

never go full genius? what movie was that line from again? someone should tell Bluey that....:lol:

Warmess

Juniors
1. Locke
2. Someone other than Tupou/Slaimankhel
3. Mannering
4. Hurrell
5. Vatuvei
6. Maloney
7. Johnson
8. Packer
9. Friend
10. Matulino
11. Mateo
12. Brown
13. Ikahihifo

14. Lillyman
15. Lousi
16. Lousi
17. Sigh....Taylor, I guess.

Iafeta

Referee
Aside from one error, I thought Taylor had a good game actually. A lot of good scramble in the middle and for once he was willing to cart the ball forward and not flop to the ground.

As for Johnson going to fullback... why? To me he's getting better every game at controlling a game. They're not losing because of him. His kicking game is also highly valuable. Leuluai will be a passenger... I mean support player in the halves for Johnson. As for Mateo ballplaying, he's doing a damn good job of that in the second row. You also get his go forward there, and frankly the Warriors desperately need that at the moment.

Also, I'd give Hurrell a fortnight off. THe season is basically done. Its mightly costly though of late to have to roll him in and out of the game. He needs a bit of harden the F up in his cup of tea.

tangalife

Juniors
remind me again who played on the wings in SOO? centers and FB's.... no regular wingers.. what is that saying?....

never go full genius? what movie was that line from again? someone should tell Bluey that....:lol:

It is saying that Hayne and Boyd are class players who are just as effective on the wing as at Fullback.

You cant even draw comparisons, Fish and Locke are totally different players (and alot smaller and weaker) than Hayne and Boyd.

And the weakest point of your argument, that Locke and Fish have both tried and failed as wingers.

Johnson is to much of a pussy to play fullback, theres no way in hell he would do half the things that knobby does. He would be to scared to take a bomb with defenders rushing him. He would be to shy to run the ball back hard - although on the flipside with some space and time that some fullbacks on kick returns he could carve.
Still prefer Locke, he gives 110% even when he knows hes going to get smashed.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
I'm glad ikahihifo impressed- always rated him above benry and Taylor. Everytime I've seen them three on the same field ( u20s, trials and now f.g ) he's been the stand out.
I'd like to see mannering at 13 next year doin the donkey work in the middle with Mateo and ikahihifo attacking the edges- could be a mean backrow. Actually wouldn't mind seeing it this year.

jaseg

Juniors
Dunno about the Sharks, but once they beat us and our season is even more well and truly over I'd like to see Maloney & Brown dropped for the end of the season, and probably Ben Henry & Elijah Taylor vulcanized (at least for a week). I'd also much prefer Slaimankhel getting more games on the wing in first grade to additional showcases in failing by Bill 'Best Season' Tupou. Skipping ahead, team against the Cowboys;

Locke
Slaimankhel
Hurrell
Tuimavave
Vatuvei
Godinet
Johnson
Matulino
Friend
Packer
Mannering
Ikahihifo
Mateo

Likiliki
Sao
Sam Lousi
Palavi

Assuming Fish is gone for the remainder of the season - and that bench for teh lulz / see how they go in FG.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Aside from one error, I thought Taylor had a good game actually. A lot of good scramble in the middle and for once he was willing to cart the ball forward and not flop to the ground.

As for Johnson going to fullback... why? To me he's getting better every game at controlling a game. They're not losing because of him. His kicking game is also highly valuable. Leuluai will be a passenger... I mean support player in the halves for Johnson. As for Mateo ballplaying, he's doing a damn good job of that in the second row. You also get his go forward there, and frankly the Warriors desperately need that at the moment.

Also, I'd give Hurrell a fortnight off. THe season is basically done. Its mightly costly though of late to have to roll him in and out of the game. He needs a bit of harden the F up in his cup of tea.

Inside the 20 he has a good grubber and bomb. Outside the 20 he just does mid field bomb things. Useless. Would rather he kicked for the in goal or ran it on the fifth. Seriously. One of the best steppers I have seen, but he needs to take the line on more.

I don't like Locke as a fullback but I'm not sure I would put Johnson there with TL and Mateo as halves would do the warriors any good. At first, I liked the idea, but went off it when I saw that it would be TL and Mateo as halves. As a Kiwi's fan, I still hold out hope that Fish can still become a superstar. But who the f**k at the Warriors thought it would be a good idea to sign TL? He's pies.

Aragorn

First Grade
Johnson is to much of a pussy to play fullback, theres no way in hell he would do half the things that knobby does. He would be to scared to take a bomb with defenders rushing him. He would be to shy to run the ball back hard - although on the flipside with some space and time that some fullbacks on kick returns he could carve.
Still prefer Locke, he gives 110% even when he knows hes going to get smashed.

mate, get off the drugs or whatever booze you're drinking.

I believe SJ played Aussie Rules at school rep level and is completely comfortable under the high ball.....and didnt you see the try he scored I think against the rabbits where he basically out-jumped 3 players to score beside the posts?

and whats this nonsense about being too shy to run the ball back hard? WTF? he'll not only run the ball back hard, he'll then use his left or right step to carve straight through them like butter.....

That said, Locke is good at FG. He's not super fantastic like some of you clowns make him out to be, but better 100X better than Fish, Ropati or even Inu in that position. I will give you that. :lol:

Rich102

Staff member
I'm glad ikahihifo impressed- always rated him above benry and Taylor. Everytime I've seen them three on the same field ( u20s, trials and now f.g ) he's been the stand out.
I'd like to see mannering at 13 next year doin the donkey work in the middle with Mateo and ikahihifo attacking the edges- could be a mean backrow. Actually wouldn't mind seeing it this year.

I have thought for a long time Mannering should be at 13. Best use of his talents.

hitman82

Bench
I have thought for a long time Mannering should be at 13. Best use of his talents.

I agree! I've wanted Mannering at 13 for ages. He has the best dominant tackling style in our team, has good leg drive in attack, and can occasionally throw an offload. All of which I want in our 13 jersey. I don't rate Taylor as strong or dominant enough, and I don't really like an out-and-out attacker with Mateo in the 13.

hitman82

Bench

I'd give us one more loss (likely this weekend) to confirm we're out of the finals race before resting Hurrell.
Once we lose one more game, I'd like to see a couple more young players debuting, and resting Locke, Hurrell, Mannering, Vatuvei, anyone else critical who may be carrying injuries. I'd particularly like to see a young hooker and winger (if we're f**king keeping any...) tried in first grade.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'd give us one more loss (likely this weekend) to confirm we're out of the finals race before resting Hurrell.
Once we lose one more game, I'd like to see a couple more young players debuting, and resting Locke, Hurrell, Mannering, Vatuvei, anyone else critical who may be carrying injuries. I'd particularly like to see a young hooker and winger (if we're f**king keeping any...) tried in first grade.

My only fear is that Kearney is going to pick him for the Kiwis. That is not in our best interests. Hopefully the club puts their foot down and says no way (Hurrell I mean, clearly)

I'd like us to default the rest of the season and allow me to concentrate on other things in life.