What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team V's the Raiders

Balmain Bug

Juniors
This is mine. Chris to return to his junior position of fullback. He will be unstoppable.

1 Chris Lawrence
2 Beau Ryan
3 Blake Ayshford
4 Joel Reddy
5 Lote Tuqiri
6 Benji Marshall
7 Tim Moltzen
8 Aaron Woods
9 Robbie Farah ©
10 Ben Murdoch-Masila
11 Adam Blair
12 Gareth Ellis
13 Liam Fulton

Interchange

14 Matt Groat
15 Junior Moors
16 Matt Bell
17 Chris Heighington

Fordy20

Juniors
1. Dane Chisholm
2. Beau Ryan
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Blake Ayshford
5. John Grant
6. Benji Marshall
7. Jacob Miller
8. Matthew Bell
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aaron Woods
11. Adam Blair
12. Liam Fulton
13. Chris Heighington

14. Junior Moors
15. Matt Groat
16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
17. Tom Humble

If Ellis is fit, Blair to move to lock, Heighno on the bench pushing off either Groat or BMM.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Who would have thought the positive vibe I had at the start of the season would be all but gone. 1 win from 3. Injuries to key positions exposing a depth problem and looks like another player or two may have a week or two off courtesy of the judiciary in things go bad during the week.

For what its worth my 2 cents is:

1. Tom Humble
2. Beau Ryan
3. Chris Lawrance
4. Blake Ayshford
5. Joel Reddy / John Grant
6. Benji Marshall
7. Jacob Miller
8. Matthew Bell
9. Robbie Farah (if suspended Politini)
10. Aaron Woods
11. Adam Blair
12. Liam Fulton
13. Chris Heighington

14. Junior Moors
15. Matt Groat
16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
17. Tim Moltzen

I dont think Ellis / Tuqiri are ready to play yet.

Tiger05

First Grade
This is mine. Chris to return to his junior position of fullback. He will be unstoppable.

1 Chris Lawrence
2 Beau Ryan
3 Blake Ayshford
4 Joel Reddy
5 Lote Tuqiri
6 Benji Marshall
7 Tim Moltzen
8 Aaron Woods
9 Robbie Farah ©
10 Ben Murdoch-Masila
11 Adam Blair
12 Gareth Ellis
13 Liam Fulton

Interchange

14 Matt Groat
15 Junior Moors
16 Matt Bell
17 Chris Heighington

Good team. I have wanted to see Lawrence at fullback for a long time.

Unfortunately it isn't going to happen.

macnaz

Staff member
1. Moltzen
2.Fitzhenry - c
3.Halatau
4.Owen Graigie
5.Utai
6.Duckworth
7.Morris
8.Laurie
9.Dunely
10.Tandy
11.Te'o
12.O'hara
13.Manu

14.Cayless
15.Reynolds
16.Moody
17.Bajouri

Last edited:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Is Politoni injured? Just saw Fulton was named at hooker. Geez, I thought this was a good chance for Politoni to show his wares in the top grade. We should be searching for flare, not simply plugging a gap...

Tigers Tale

Juniors
While I am having a moan, has anyone else notice how slow Reddy looks. Running the ball back from kicks he looks like he has no pace at all, I don't think he beat anyone last week. Utai has no speed at all but he can still make yards. I'll be very interested to see if Reddy can really stretch out...He looks to be a liability so far as pace but his defence still looks OK.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
1 - Chisholm
2 - Ryan
3 - Ayshford
4 - Lawrence
5 - Humble (Tuqiri if fit)
6 - Marshall
7 - Moltzen
8 - Woods
9 - Miller
10 - Moors
11 - Ellis
12 - Heighington
13 - Blair

14 - Groat
15 - Murdoch-Masila
16 - Bell
17 - Fulton

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
From all reports Chisholm has been terrible in the NSW Cup.
Having not had access to NSW Cup, where has he been playing?

All of Balmain is going shit this year so I'm not going to be too concerned about his form just yet.

I'm sure he'd be better than Moltzen still. lol

gronkathon

First Grade
His application is what is woeful.

He has the Mark Flanagan/Tim Moltzen attitude of being above playing in State Cup rather than making sure there is no excuse not to pick him.

He played FB one week, the rest of the time at pivot

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the Balmain forwards are being smashed then he's not going to have much opportunity to show how good he is. But that goes for all halves, no matter how skilled.

Personally, I think his utility value sees him being shifted around all the time, he's never been allowed to focus on one position and master it.

That should be Balmain's task this year, settle on a position for him to play and leave him there.

I hope he comes good soon though, he is a quality player. He was very good just 2 years ago in a poorly performing Melbourne NSW Cup side

The Joker

Juniors
hooker is not a position you want a stop-gap measure put in place. If Fulton's ball distribution is poor and sloppy which one would expect given his lack of time playing there, then it will f*ck up the entire attack. Marshall and Moltzen's kicking duties will be put under pressure as well as the timing of forwards running onto the ball. You should expect a larger than normal error count this weekend.

super_coach

First Grade
Seen Fulton at dummy half before, not his go. No hooker no half and no full back dont expect to much on monday night