What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your teams starting lineup 2002 aus/uk

H

hutch

sorry for the long time between posts. it must be months. i do check the site all the time but rarely have anything to say, so hear goes.

WESTS TIGERS 2002

1. M. Seers (please find your form again mat)
2. J. Caine (reliable, good goal kicker)
3. k. McGuiness
4. T. Hill
5. ????????? any ideas
6. M. Lockyer (his name has brought a whole lot of excitement and expectations)
7. C. Field (like him or hate him, he has been there, done that. fair player too, alot of experience)
8. s. Trindall ( experience, new signing)
9. R. Mears (quality player, great signing)
10. J. Skandalis (tough, new leader of pack)
11. L. O'Donnell (good player, needs to find 1st year form)
12. D. Senter (C)
13. B. Galea (the future)

hope to see your predictions, i will add more teams in the future. all u tigers fans out there, what do u think

The Knights starting lineup is fairly clear except in the 5/8 and prop positions. Most think Rudder will be the 5/8 to start the season. I would go with Kurt Gidley from the start. I'm pretty sure he will be 5/8 by the end of the season.
In the props, I think Steve Simpson will step up to prop this season. We have at leastsix potential second rowers of first grade standard, but probably only four props. Simpson and possibly O'Doherty are the second rowers most likely to play prop.

O'Davis
Tahu
M. Gidley
Hughes
McDougall
S. Rudder/K. Gidley
Johns
Peden
Abraham/O'Doherty
Kennedy/Newton
Perry
Buderus
Parsons/Simpson

Bailey
Morris
Jobson
O'Brien

ex-manager

Juniors
I don't know for sure how the team will look, what does Nobbie have in mind? Where does Brandon Costin fit in?

Here's my line-up

BRADFORD BULLS

Withers
Vaikona
Pryce
Naylor
Vainikolo
Paul (c)
Deacon
Vagana
Lowes
Anderson
Gartner
Peacock
Forshaw

Costin
Gilmour
Fielden
McDermott
or Radford

LittleBunny

Juniors
Well who cares about the teams mentioned below: Here is the team that really matters the most. The team of champions. The ONLY team to put up a fight against the big daddy of league. The gutsy guys!!!!

1. Damien Mostyn
2. Brad Watts
3. Russell Richardson
4. Jacin Sinclair
5. Brent Grose
6. Owen Craigie
7. Brett Sheehan
8. Glenn Grief
9. Jason Death
10. Paul Stringer
11. Adam Muir
12. Paul McNicholas
13. Andrew Hart

L

legend

Canberra:

Schifcofske
Manuel
Nagas
Lolesi
Roberstson
McLinden
Finch
Croker
Wiki
Smith
Davico
Woolford
O'Hara

Payten
Mapp
Hodgson
Rutgerson

H

Hass

<u>Parramatta Eels:</u>
<hr>
<u>STARTING XIII</u>

1. Brett HODGSON
2. Pat RICHARDS
3. Jamie LYON
4. David VAELEKI
5. Jason MOODIE
6. Adam DYKES
7. Andy McFADDEN
13. Daniel WAGON
12. Ian HINDMARSH
11. Nathan HINDMARSH
10. Mick VELLA
9. Brad DREW
8. Nathan CAYLESS (c)
<u>BENCH</u>
14. Michael BUETTNER- 15. Andrew RYAN- 16. Danny SULLIVAN- 17. David SOLOMONA
<hr>

Buettner could slip into 5/8th with Dykes into half and McFadden Hooker when Drew is off the field.

Cheers.

E

Edwahu

My guess at the Raiders team to run out for game 1:

Schifcofske, Manuel, Nagas, J.Monoghan, Graham, Mclinden, Finch, Davico, Woolford, Ohara, T.Smith, Wiki, Croker
Bench: M.Monoghan, Rutgertson, Payten, Tongue

Phil Graham has beenspoken of very highly by the cluband he looks to be the young center that the club expects the most from. He isnt the biggest guy though so I expect that he might get introduced on the wing. They might go for Jensen instead or maybe Nagas on the wing with Lolesi in the centers.

Ohara should get a starting spot and the rest of the forwards are predictable enough. I hope that a young guy from last year gets a chance to start ahead of T.Smith or Wiki though.

My own selection would be basically the same but I would start Terry Martin ahead of Tyran Smith, Robertson ahead of Graham and drop Tongue from the bench for Smith and maybe Rutgertson for Hodgson or Mapp, depending on trial and trainingform.

Hmmm...OK, a few spots are up in the air but this is what i would like to see

1.Luke Patten
2.Hazem El-Magic
3.Nigel Vagana
4.Shane Marteenee
5.Brett Howland
6.Braith Anasta
7.Darrell Trindall
13.Travis Norton
12.Steve Price (c)
11.Willie Mason
10.Mark O'Meley
9.Adam Perry
8.Paul Rauhihi

14.Steve Reardon
15.Steven Hughes
16.Dennis Scott
17.Don Dickson ;)

Moffo.

S

SpaceMonkey

Warriors 2002:

1: Ivan Cleary
2: Henry Faafili
3:Clinton Toopi
4: John Carlaw
5: Frances Meli
6: Motu Tony
7: Stacey Jones (cc)
8: Iafeta Paaleaesina
9: Monty Betham
10: Jerry Seu Seu
11: Logan Swann
12: Awen Guttenbeil
13: Kevin Campion

Bench:
14: Ali Lauitiiti
15: PJ Marsh
16: Richard Villisanti
17: Wairangi Koopu

A point to note about this side, the starting players are not necessarily better than those on the bench, I would put Lauitiiti and Koopu on the bench due to their ability to cover multiple positions (prop/second row and second row/centre respectively). PJ marsh also offers this versatility, plus he adds impact late in the game and needs to play his way ahead of the incumbent Motu Tony. Villisanti and Paaleaesinaboth provide awesome impact at prop,and are interchangeable in terms ofwhich one starts. This lineup will be dangerousthis year in no small part to the fact that it provides a constantly rotating pack of genuinely big forwards who can pound opposition defences all day. Its noticable that Daniel Anderson has followed his mentor Brian Smith in developing a large number(at least 10) of players who can cover multiple positions, so injuries and defensive problems are covered more easily.Justin Morgan is unlucky to miss out, and will probably feature.