What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your thoughts on the new A League

Corbin

Juniors
What is your thoughts of the A league after the first round?

I thought it was excellent and i might try and get to a few Mariners or Sydney FC games, Im quite impressed with the fast paced football the Roar played on the weekend.

Yorke is a big man in this comp and his success will be vital for Sydney FC.

My bet is a Sydney FC vs Mariners/Victory final

(is there finals? or is it first past the post?)

SP

Bench
i enjoyed it heaps, and cant wait for QLD to play some more home games (i'll just go to thier games cause i cant go to Sydney every 2nd week, even though stranger things have happened with me).

i wouldnt leave out Qld roar to make the final aswell

probably Sydney, C.C, Melbourne & Qld will probably be the top 4

Sun_Down

Juniors
Im not usually a soccer man, but I have become an A-Laegue fan. It was great, I was impressed with it all. I will be going to Roar games from now on.

Anyone know if there is a GF, or is it just like a minor premiership? On the site it doesnt list any finals...?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, I've never considered myself much of a football fan. Have been a player of the game for some time now, but couldn't get into a competition much (especially since Leeds' relegation). I watched all four A-League games though, and intend to keep doing that for the forseeable future. Really enjoying it thus far.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Things are looking promising so far, I will definitely be getting out to a few Sydney FC games in the offseason.

watto

Juniors
GO SYDNEY.

I was in The Cove with the Sydney FC Fans and the atmosphere was amazing.

Easily a 30000 crowd as the numbers were 25350 wen they decided to open up the gates and let people in for free. The entire bottom level was packed out.

Moffo

Referee
it was a good atmosphere, ill pay that. Game was surprisingly good as well

Would've enjoyed it more if i didn't have a raging hangover lol

Anyways, good but i don't think the crowds will keep up. Sydney FC looked very average in the 2nd half

lockyno1

Post Whore
It was ok, but in 6 weeks we will have a better idea becuase there is only 1 star player and that is Dwight Yorke! I will always find the ESL and the Seria A, Spanish league 100 times more interesting as you can see the worlds great players on show. It was a good first round though.

laurie

Juniors
the super league hey lockie. hahahaha only jokin.

i was out at the game and never imagined they would have had that response to a football match in sydney!! was awsome. plenty of atmosphere, just need more sinigin.

Dogaholic

First Grade
laurie said:
the super league hey lockie. hahahaha only jokin.

i was out at the game and never imagined they would have had that response to a football match in sydney!! was awsome. plenty of atmosphere, just need more sinigin.

did you sing?

Latest posts