What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Tigers player of 2018

Tiger Woody

Juniors
WEL as we are done and dusted for 2018 who is your player of the year?

I know a lot of you will say “chrystal Lawrence” but for me he’s missed too many games this year (as usual)

Tiger Woodys winner is Cory Thompson.:thumbsup_tone2:

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Chris Lawrence for me

Cory Thompson, Luke Brooks, Esan and Chee Kam are the only other ones worth a mention
Chrystal has missed too many games for mine and a couple of very poor missed tackles giving away tries recently.Cory has played every game but each to their own.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I dont think there is a standout and its probably a testament to the type of team we are building. Cleary said last year the team would be the star and that is pretty much how it turned out.

I would have Luke Brooks as Most Improved and Elijah Taylor/Chris Lawrence as Most consistent.

If Slater gets SOO player of the Series for 2 games Lawrence can get a gong for playing 2/3 season. He took some hard carries when all that was waiting for him was a belting these often go unnoticed but I bet you every one of his team mates noticed, he had good hands and ran good lines. Its been great to watch someone adapt and progress thru pure determination and he has grown into a true leader.

Special Mention to Esan Marsters who kicked on this year and is a dead set bully when he gets early ball and a bit of space.

Finally it was good to see MCK get a decent crack as a wide running back rower.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Does that guy ever smile?:frowning2:
Staring up into the sky last Friday night for a good 2 minutes....Too many HIA’s maybe?

I can confirm he smiles.

Made a real special effort with my 8 year old at the fan day. Great bloke who doesn't stop smiling off the footy field.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I dont think there is a standout and its probably a testament to the type of team we are building. Cleary said last year the team would be the star and that is pretty much how it turned out.

I would have Luke Brooks as Most Improved and Elijah Taylor/Chris Lawrence as Most consistent.

If Slater gets SOO player of the Series for 2 games Lawrence can get a gong for playing 2/3 season. He took some hard carries when all that was waiting for him was a belting these often go unnoticed but I bet you every one of his team mates noticed, he had good hands and ran good lines. Its been great to watch someone adapt and progress thru pure determination and he has grown into a true leader.

Special Mention to Esan Marsters who kicked on this year and is a dead set bully when he gets early ball and a bit of space.

Slater got SOO because of 2 biased Qld judges and a dummy like Daley got sucked in....if you want consistency add Corey T.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Does that guy ever smile?:frowning2:
Staring up into the sky last Friday night for a good 2 minutes....Too many HIA’s maybe?
Probably coz he does the defensive work for a no. of his slackarse team-mates or his come to the realisation that he massively blundered when he re-signed with this inept rabble !

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooks has been our best player. Lawrence has been our best forward and Thompson our best outside back.

Marsters has been great and Chee-Kam has made the most improvement over the course of the season.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I think theyve all been shit. Some less so than others however and for mine, the least shit player this year was Lawrence.

Stryker....that’s when he plays.
Bit of a plastercine man last 2 years.
Off the field more than on it
Prefer to call him “Crystal” these days.

macnaz

Staff member
Id give Benji a mention as well , not because he has been our best but i do think he provided really good value to the club and i believe our early success came on the back of his experience and effort .

Latest posts