What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your world 11 in all three formats

JJ

Immortal
I don't see how Williamson can be selected batting 5. He doesn't bat at 5 and hasn't since 2012. I get you want to accomodate him and would rather have him in the team than not, but he bats at 3. He's not like Smith, or Pujara, or Kohli who bat 3 or 4.
I think you'd just pick your best bats - the position isn't that relevant IMO - Pujara and Williamson both bat 3 in tests, and Smith and Kohli both bat 4 - Kohli and Smith are the first two picked, then it's just a matter of where they bat, and whether you have 6 bats or 5 - they can all bat anywhere tbh. I'm not convinced by Pujara out of India - so I'd probably go

3. Williamson
4. Smith
5 Kohli

But in reality you can add Pujara and Root to the list, and just ask Smith, then Kohli where they want to bat, and fill in around them

TheParraboy

Staff member
For me Pujara and Stokes (Williams and Shaqib) are the biggest points of debate - Aussies won't like Ashwin and Anderson, but I don't think Anderson can be left out - Lyon, Herath are options I guess, or a pace bowler if Shaqib was in

which aussies?

I was a bit surprised Stokes was in there, not for his stats or anything but because of that street brawl video and also being charged with affray..

I guess he could still be proven innocent in court?