What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your World Cup Highlight/s

Perth Tiger

Bench
I really enjoyed the anthems in the Scotland Fiji game.

With the lone bagpipes and the Scotland team belting out their anthem and then the Fiji prayer it really showed the passion that both teams had

God-King Dean

Immortal
I really enjoyed the anthems in the Scotland Fiji game.

With the lone bagpipes and the Scotland team belting out their anthem and then the Fiji prayer it really showed the passion that both teams had

Scotland anthem is easily the best IMO. I also enjoy NZs, Irelands, & Fijis prayer.

typicalfan

Coach
The Kiwi anthem in the Final was awesome, fro the passion that got the result was only going to be a NZ win.

The Indiginous v Maori game.
The Indigenous haka
PNG almost upsetting the Poms.
Slater and Inglis v the Poms
Pommy fans singing like it was Wembly - for about 10 minutes before the Kiwis took their lead away.
Manu Vatuvei
Wellens stopping to whinge while Perret ran the ball under the posts.
Hayne smashing Heather and picking a fight with the entire Kangaroos side.
Maguire's try off Paulson's kick.
Seeing Mozza playing on Aussie soil again.
The entire final
The Great NATHAN CAYLESS lifting the cup.
McGuire's try was off PURDHAM'S kick
New Zealand winning the WC and giving the smart arses in the press who said Australia only had to turn up to win no chance of saying "i told you so"

ozbash

Referee
the roo's responding to the final haka - only took them 50 years to catch on.

Cayless holding the trophy up

Watching tevita latu's games.

screeny

Bench
Too many to mention, but off the top of my head:

Slater's inspiration in the final
The final haka
PNG's jubilation after they scored

But the single best moment of the WC for me was..............Charlie Wabo's first touch, his nonchalant flick through his legs. I still laugh whenever I think about it.

AuckMel

Bench
Slater's try against England.
The Anthem, Haka and the Australians response in the final.
Fiji over France.
The performance of the "minnows"
The final siren last saturday night was the greatest moment though

brendothejet

First Grade
How good was Wabo..

Wabo's Brainwave *I've got an idea, I'll come on midway through the second half when everyone is thinking we are going to collapse in a heap. I'll dart onto the pitch and with my first touch i'll pass it between my legs. That should settle play down.*

screeny

Bench
How good was Wabo..

Wabo's Brainwave *I've got an idea, I'll come on midway through the second half when everyone is thinking we are going to collapse in a heap. I'll dart onto the pitch and with my first touch i'll pass it between my legs. That should settle play down.*

Exactly. He's a bally hero. That kind of play should be sooooooooooooo encouraged. Creativity, derring do, the unthinkable....sheer quality.

Latest posts