What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youre a child of the 80s if .....

M

mud n blood

I know - everyone's had these sent to them thru e-mail, but it's still a good laugh !!!! There's millions of others ......

YOU KNOW YOU WERE A CHILD OF THE 80'S IF... You remember snap bracelets getting you in trouble at school. You ever played with "My Little Ponies". You remember friendship bracelets - ties that couldn't be broken. You ever read Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, The Babysitters Club, or Sweet Valley High. You know all the words to "Ice Ice Baby". You had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block members. You remember the New Kids On The Block. You wanted to be on Star Search. You had Garbage Pal trading cards. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before he had plastic surgery. You wore one of those t-shirt rings or a scrunchi on one side of your shirt. You wore french rolled pants, or the ones w/ the zippers on the back of the legs. You wore multiple pairs of socks in the middle of the summer just so you could be "hip" (purple and hot pink looked so good together!). You have puff painted your own shirt at least once. You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts'signed on it's butt. Cabbage Patch kids! You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout." You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off"! You were upset when She-ra, Princess of Power, and He- Man was cancelled. You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for hours, back when there were new episodes. You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock. You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future". You wanted to be a Goonie. ("Goonies never say die.") You remember Madonna in her cone stage. You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called "Prince". You even wore fluorescent-neon clothing... You could breakdance, or wished you could. You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system. You remember M.C. Hammer, (and owned a pair of "hammer pants"!) You can still sing the rap to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air". How many of you can recite the theme to Duck tales? You own any cassettes. You owned a pair of L.A. Gear, Keds, or Converse tennis shoes. You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an ET lunchbox. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf, (and how come Baby Smurf never grew up...) Gummy Bears, Transformers, You can't do that on Television, Double Dare, and Ridgy Didge are familiar to you. You ever had a Swatch Watch or POP-Swat. You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the "Care Bear Stare". And knew the song... the Carebear countdown... You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye. You spent hours in the basement building and re- building Lego cities. Do Polly Pockets or Popples ring a bell? Big wheels and bicycles with streamers were the way to go. "Party like it's 1999" seemed SO far away!! You stayed up all night listening to Teddy Rupskin. Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street? If you still have a crimper in your bathroom drawer! If you remember singing Amy Grants "Baby, Baby". You had more than one Star Wars action figure. You loved your acid-wash jeans, black stretch pants and big loop earrings. If you wanted to pick a lock with a toothbrush just like MacGyver. You wanted to travel through time on Quantum Leap. You had at least one Hypercolor shirt. If you remember when rollerblades were the new thing. If you learned how to spell mouse from the Mickey Mouse Club theme song. You felt like a big girl when your mom bought you GIRL TALK. You used to wear bright pink slip-ons and jellyshoes. You were scared of the Gremlins. Your parents wouldn't let you watch The Simpsons because it was inappropriate. The Wonder Years was a part of your daily lifestyle. You had Hotwheel races down your street. Rainbow Brite... When Bum Bags were cool! Did you keep your hot pink lipstick in a caboodle?> You could not get enough hair spray on those bangs? (curled in a circle!) How many trolls did you have? Does "Heros in a half shell" mean anything to you (TURTLE POWER). Everything was rad, totally awesome, and tubular!!! You remember when the original Nintendo was the best $100 you could spend. When Astro Boy was the Pokemon of the day. Do you know who killed Laura Palmer? Or were you not allowed to watch TV at that hour? You didn't quite know what those two grumpy old men in the Muppets were saying until the show was taken off air. When bubble skirts and ra-ra skirts were all the rave! When Kylie and Danni said 'goodnight Australia' on a weekly basis and later when you were embarrassed to say that you liked Dannii. IF YOU CAN IDENTIFY WITH AT LEAST HALF OF THESE,YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE 80'S!!

J

Johnsy

Mud

Not to mention;

Moonboots, spokie dokies for the spokes on your bike, and of course my personal favourite the "Green Machine" what a ride we had 2 between 4 boys until my younger brother went too fast down a friends driveway, over a retaining wall and broke his collar bone and arm in 3 places.

Johnsy

imported_Yaqona

Juniors
Hey Johnsy,

I had a Green Machine too! My sisters got a bike each but I knew that I got the best deal out of us hehehe.

I was crazy about He-Man and collected the figurines.

Loved Lego andused to drool at the range of Tonka trucks.

When Kylie and Danni said 'goodnight Australia' on a weekly basis and later when you were embarrassed to say that you liked Dannii.
Hell I'm proud to say I wanted her then & sure as the grass is green I'd have her NOW!
emsmile.gif