What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube Spider vs Bee doco

Bulldog Force

Referee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxbuysNGLOM&feature=fvw

Saw the above documentary on Youtube. My question, it looks real enough. How does the cameraman or whoever is filming this get such good close-up vision of it? I mean, the Bee looks like it's looking flower right into some sort of camera that might be there? Also the closeup of the bee while it's flying? This all looks like it's some sort of real animation the way they get everything done so perfectly. Maybe it is, but for someone like me it looks real enough.

Danish

Referee
I imagine it would have been filmed in a studio under very controlled conditions.

The bee hovering over the flower would have simply been a small camera inside a false flower baited to attract the bee.

Close ups of the spider and all that would have been shot with telescopic lenses and also in extremely high def so the image could be cropped to suit.

The flying bee can be filmed in a number of ways, the easiest of which would literally be tying to bee to a string and filming it flying in a single spot in front of a blue screen.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Arrr ok. Thanks mate. I did imagine that it would be filmed under controlled conditions but wasn't sure if it was in a studio or not. Also couldn't see how the Bee was attracted to a fake flower... but who knows. Possibly!

Danish

Referee
Well I could be wrong but either way this reminds me of how awesome tying insects to string is.

Whack a bee, fly or any other flying insect in the freezer for about 1-2 minutes and it will fall unconscious. Take it out and you'll have about 2 minutes to get a string tied around it's body before it wakes up and flies around on it's tether.

Hilarious when mixed with alcohol

Bulldog Force

Referee
Well I could be wrong but either way this reminds me of how awesome tying insects to string is.

Whack a bee, fly or any other flying insect in the freezer for about 1-2 minutes and it will fall unconscious. Take it out and you'll have about 2 minutes to get a string tied around it's body before it wakes up and flies around on it's tether.

Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Bart and Milhouse do it and end up in the Flanders house :lol:

zombie jesus

Staff member

:lol: I know what I'm doing this weekend.

innsaneink

Referee

We used to do that with a girls long hair....the hair became invisible when the fly was moving

Latest posts