What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Crush

Coach
Loving the Lomax hype train! Get on board y'all! Last year this time it was Jai Field. At least Lomax is physically big enough for NRL unlike Field who last year was about 37 kgs. He did look good in the 9s though, damn he looked quick!

BennyV

Referee
Loving the Lomax hype train! Get on board y'all! Last year this time it was Jai Field. At least Lomax is physically big enough for NRL unlike Field who last year was about 37 kgs. He did look good in the 9s though, damn he looked quick!
I'm personally looking forward to 2019 pre-season when we forget about Lomax and jump on the Marsters bandwagon. Come 2020, who knows who it will be!!!

LINESPEED

Juniors
Don't worry too much - they'll've moved on to other clubs come 2020, and we'll remain the unimaginative fringe cellar dwellers and the cosy home of the journeymen

I thought Fittler had half an eye for Lomax, and that he'd won some player award.
Could be wrong though

Nah fu*k the youth - it's all too left Field for the bogans running this show

Bottoms up Mary! Have another one for the road.

Last edited:

Drakon

Juniors
Mary elevated Aikten into first grade straight from the under 20's, without him playing a game in the NSW cup or what ever it was called at the time. When Aikten was picked for first grade and debuted in the first game of the season. Mary said that Aikten had been one of the best trainers in the pre season. Well now we are hearing/reading that Lomax has been one of the best trainers in the pre season. Aikten has never been that big, while Lomax has a great physique already. Lomax is faster than Aikten. Lomax has better ball playing ability, while Aikten has struggled to pass the ball, since he has been in first grade. Lomax has played a lot of centre throughout his juniors, while Aikten, was a lock forward for the majority of his juniors. I believe that Lomax is much better attacking weapon at centre, than Aikten will ever be. Lomax also has agility, that Aikten doesn't. Lomax will play origin. Aikten won't play origin.

Lomax should start the year as one of our centres. Mary did it with Aiken, now he has a much better prospect and should do that same.
With all due respect Frank, its Aitken. Not Aikten.

possm

Coach
Let's be honest: Aitken was a massive tampon this year. It's more likely that he'll get injured again and Lomax will take his spot rather than Lafai's (unfortunately).
Who will replace Aitken, I am told he is not completely over his injury?

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Probably Mann.
Which does open up a bench spot. Now depending on how they configure the team structure that may be:
1. A forward such as Sele
2. A back such as Herbert, Field or your boy Lomax
3. A back utility such as Nichols

Frank Facer

First Grade
That is an easy one for me, Lomax. I would have Lomax there whether Aiken was fit or not. I also think that Lomax will be a better centre than Mann this year and our long term option.

If Mary does pick Lomax at centre for our first game, then I will be very optimistic about our chances of having a good year. I can see Lomax and Dufty improving our attack. If Luciano is picked to start too, then we will have more attacking arsenal. I am getting more positive by the day.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I think both Mann and Lomax are in front of Aitkin to start.
It would be better if he fought his way back through reserve grade.

Dennis
As I have stated before .
I would have mann.
I would have Herbert and garrick ahead of lomax at this stage.
But hopefully the coach will be adventurous and pick the young guys.
Give them a go in the trails then see how they go.
Sould be interesting.

Dennis
As I have stated before .
I would have mann.
I would have Herbert and garrick ahead of lomax at this stage.
But hopefully the coach will be adventurous and pick the young guys.
Give them a go in the trails then see how they go.
Sould be interesting.
You'd think that considering McGregor was once a representative centre, this is one position he could straighten out and make work.
Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
You'd think that considering McGregor was once a representative centre, this is one position he could straighten out and make work.

Spot on Dennis
You think if he had a problem it would be the forwards.
But if he get it right.
With the young guns coming though we could be competitive for years to come.
But if he stuffs up it will set us back even further.

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
Dennis I can't wait to see what he comes up with also, but I'm hoping he is adventurous with selections if things don't work out . But my gut feeling is the back line will be much the same as last year fullback Dufty should get first shot. Because Mann can cover most areas in our backs I can't see him getting a starting position . Well let's hope we have learnt from the last couple of years and Mary blossoms as a coach ....

Dennis I can't wait to see what he comes up with also, but I'm hoping he is adventurous with selections if things don't work out . But my gut feeling is the back line will be much the same as last year fullback Dufty should get first shot. Because Mann can cover most areas in our backs I can't see him getting a starting position . Well let's hope we have learnt from the last couple of years and Mary blossoms as a coach ....
One of my biggest problems with McGregor is the way he treats Mann.
He insists on using him as a utility whereas it would be much more productive to choose a position and make him a starter. Center, wing it doesn't matter but give the kid first preference and watch him go.
Mann has a lot of ability, is a damn good defender and plays with heart.
It must be soul destroying sitting on the bench, knowing that you can do better than the starting line up.
I think he is miles better than Aitkin and would shore up our defence out wide.
Starting centre for me.
Lomax introduced into FG on the wing.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think that most of our promising players will leave as Mary will not select them. The Club Management stuffed up the NSW Cup Roster last year by shedding players like Lewis, Mc Carthy, Nona and Wakeman and retaining crocks like Glymin and Isaac Thompson. Field was talked up for nothing along with Lawrie both of whom showed little in NSW Cup.

Latest posts