What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac , Tristan and Steven

Smurf

Juniors
St George Illawarra Director of Rugby League Pathways Ian Millward has confirmed the immediate futures of Holden Cup trio Zac Lomax, Tristan Sailor and Steven Marsters.

Queensland Under-20s representative Sailor and Junior Kiwi star Marsters will become Dragons development players when the 2018 pre-season commences in November.

Lomax - who was recently awarded NSWRL's Under-18s Player of the Year - will go one step further when he makes the step up into the Dragons' top 30.

getsmarty

Immortal
I am really looking forward to seeing how Lomax goes in 1sts. Pity he most likely won't get a proper go at it until Mary is sacked.

Yep Lomax could be anything...lets hope our coaching staff don't suffocate his development...all the more reason we need to be serious about getting an experienced coach in....We have a great crop of juniors coming through...just need the coaching smarts to develop them.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Yep Lomax could be anything...lets hope our coaching staff don't suffocate his development...all the more reason we need to be serious about getting an experienced coach in....We have a great crop of juniors coming through...just need the coaching smarts to develop them.
It is cringeworthy the way our club is run and the appointments/lack action it makes when it comes to the coach. We have some very talented players that are coming through that under the proper tutelage could be anything. When is it our turn to unearth an actual coaching talent as well like a Paul Green or a Bellamy?

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
We are surely learnt from the Bird debacle. Sailor & Masters are still very young and good to see they are getting the right treatment from the club. Lomax is like Cooper , Gasnier , Mundene at the same age. Young but you just know they are going to make it.

I reckon Millward will have a punch up with Mary next year if he continues to show no faith or planning with our under 25 year old players !

BennyV

Referee
It is cringeworthy the way our club is run and the appointments/lack action it makes when it comes to the coach. We have some very talented players that are coming through that under the proper tutelage could be anything. When is it our turn to unearth an actual coaching talent as well like ME and Paul Green and Storm and Bellamy?
Im not sure what credentials you have, but I 100% support your nomination and eventual appointment as coach BRV...

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Spot on getsmarty
If we don't other clubs will take them.
Zac could be anything.
Looking forward to see him against nrl level players.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Any word on Jackson Willis? A great natural footballer and leader around the park. With the right development could be understudying for Hunt over the next year or two.

Mbk78
Agree re willis.
But he can't play nrl untill he is 18 year old.
So the next 12 to 18 months will be vital in his career.
I also like jason Gillard he is quick as well.
But he is in the same situation.

denis preston

First Grade
This is the problem with the exposure the u20's got.It was way over the top. We are rating players and it is such a big if when you consider not even 10% will play NRL. Glad to see it gone , for the players sake if any.

Drag Queen

Bench
We are surely learnt from the Bird debacle. Sailor & Masters are still very young and good to see they are getting the right treatment from the club. Lomax is like Cooper , Gasnier , Mundene at the same age. Young but you just know they are going to make it.

I reckon Millward will have a punch up with Mary next year if he continues to show no faith or planning with our under 25 year old players !
Usually I'd say come up through the ranks, but Lomax has that X-factor. Expedite him and we just might have that elusive player. The kind of player that Cleary and French have proven to be. Still not sure of where half our young guns will fit it. Every other club have bright future stars too.

Latest posts