What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zach Ryder

He's a decent mid carder, nothing more. If he didn't do his online show 95% of his fans wouldn't give a crap about him. He might have a few IC/US title matches throughout his career, maybe even have a few reigns with them, but he won't get much higher than that.

TNA started off using Christian well, but then everything went to shit after the dropped the NWA Title the 2nd time. Being the stepping stone for Chris Harris and Frankie Kazarian was pretty ordinary, particularly when the Impact Zone didn't see them as top level talents.

Agreed, he put Kaz over big time in that ladder match, one of my favourite ladder matches of all time.

I also think there was huge potential for the eventual AJ/Christian blow off.

That surprised me that they did the Christian Coalition, then AJ + Tomko became the Angle Alliance, and in the end there was only a short token feud between Christian and Angle over the Tag Champs.

There was one promo I loved (I can't remember it properly though), where Christian is embellishing his achievements in the industry. He tells AJ that him being a 2 time NWA Champion is paving the way for young guys like him, when AJ fires back saying he's a 5 time NWA Champion himself. Christian stalls, then says something like "but yeah, you couldn't of done that without me."

I always liked the promo I think it was from Genesis before his match with Kaz where Christian interupts AJ and asks AJ not to intreupt him as he wouldnt do it to him. f**king gold.

I haven't been keeping up much with Wrestling in the last couple of years, but it looks like Ryder is a friggin genius for coming up with this guido douche bag gimmick while Jersey Shore is mad popular.

Or did WWE creative team come up with the gimmick?

Parra Pride

Coach
I haven't been keeping up much with Wrestling in the last couple of years, but it looks like Ryder is a friggin genius for coming up with this guido douche bag gimmick while Jersey Shore is mad popular.

Or did WWE creative team come up with the gimmick?

I read somewhere that that "gimmick" is just Ryder being himself, according to what I read he was out at a club with Miz shouting off all those catch phrases he uses now when Miz told him he needs to use it as his gimmick. Who knows whether that is true or nit though.

I read somewhere that that "gimmick" is just Ryder being himself, according to what I read he was out at a club with Miz shouting off all those catch phrases he uses now when Miz told him he needs to use it as his gimmick. Who knows whether that is true or nit though.

The one I read said he pitched his gimmick prior to Jersey Shore, but it was only picked up after the show became a hit.