What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

zeb overated

Pazza

First Grade
Kornstar said:
We are using Zeb wrong!!!!!! He does not need to be running back into the ruck!!!! He is a wide running backrower, yet in first grade, they use him to take a hit up back into the ruck......let him settle into first grade before using him for that FFS!!!!

already got Hindy and Mateo doing that

Utey

Coach
He isn't a lock IMO. Much better suited to the wide running back rower we are used to seeing in Prems. That's where we'll see the best from him. He seems to have wiped those silly penalties out of his game too.

cardinal

Juniors
He went ok and will only get better in the next few years but he is not consistant enough yet to put Ian H or Wagon out. When Robbo and piggy come back he will not be in first grade unless there are more injuries. When Lowrie comes back I suspect Hagan might play him before Zeb as well.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Pazza said:
already got Hindy and Mateo doing that

Exactly, you can't run 3 backrowers wide and Hindy and Mateo are better at it than Zeb. Maybe Mateo should be starting with Zeb coming on to replace him though if Zeb is really up to playing FG.

Jodeci

Bench
The kid has played 4 First Grade games, gee give him a break. He played ten minutes last night.

Tough crowd some people are

Hellsy

Immortal
Zeb needs tme... you cant expect him to come out and be a shining beacon in the first few games of his career.

I'd like to see Aaron Wood get a run in all honesty!!!!!!! and Weller as well

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jodeci said:
The kid has played 4 First Grade games, gee give him a break. He played ten minutes last night.

Tough crowd some people are

there's a few other players that can do with the same support also, especially one who's own fans boo when he's name is read out. ;-)

but I do agree with you I've seen enough of him over the last 3 or 4 years to suggest that Zeb will be a fine player for the club.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
zeb is a good player, obviously he is no hindmarsh as many said he is being asked to play a different style of game when he plays NRL in premier league he is a wide runner and in NRL he is being asked to play like a front rower. Give it time always works

stuke

Bench
its all great experience for him at the moment. just being around the 1st grade team and involved in the preparation for the game is great for these young guys.

i'd like to see him have a few more games then the return of Ian and Piggy will allow him to go back to Prems and continue to develop his game.

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
there's a few other players that can do with the same support also, especially one who's own fans boo when he's name is read out. ;-)

but I do agree with you I've seen enough of him over the last 3 or 4 years to suggest that Zeb will be a fine player for the club.

I said it when Timmy was getting booed and i will say it again, i am appauled that people boo our own players like that. As much as i would prefer Green to be 5/8th and Finch in P/L, i will support him when he is in the team and i will cheer him when his name comes up and i will not bag him about his performances.

Imo he has not improved alot since the beggining of the year but he hasn't done anything to lose us games and it hasn't affected Tim's progress, his defence has been pretty good and the team is generally playing ok........so he has my support, regardless of my actual feelings for him......

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Kornstar said:
I said it when Timmy was getting booed and i will say it again, i am appauled that people boo our own players like that. As much as i would prefer Green to be 5/8th and Finch in P/L, i will support him when he is in the team and i will cheer him when his name comes up and i will not bag him about his performances.

Imo he has not improved alot since the beggining of the year but he hasn't done anything to lose us games and it hasn't affected Tim's progress, his defence has been pretty good and the team is generally playing ok........so he has my support, regardless of my actual feelings for him......

Just quietly, where I was sitting in the KT stand, I didn't here any booing.

Could it be the opposition crowd creating a stir?

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Just quietly, where I was sitting in the KT stand, I didn't here any booing.

Could it be the opposition crowd creating a stir?

I'm also a KT stand resident and there was definite booing as there was against Canterbury....but hey!! we're allowed it's Finch ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:

I hear you brother..

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
I'm also a KT stand resident and there was definite booing as there was against Canterbury....but hey!! we're allowed it's Finch ;-)

I hope your not suggesting I boo my players. Finch is Farked at the moment, but I'd like nothing more than Finch and Smith to fire.

I just cant see that happening brother! Maybe I'm being negative but maybe I see what 95% of other Parra fans see. ;-)

strider

Post Whore
there was booing for finch - but no where near the same as the bulldogs game - and yeah i suspected it may have been alot of roosters with a few tosspot parra fans also

Jodeci

Bench
I have only done that for players who have deserved it, Corey Pearson, Darren Tracey and a few other in that same mould.