What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeb Taia

big boppa eel

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
He's played about 6 or 7 first grade games for us and out of the rookies we've used he's probably by far the least impressive. He has some potential and can go alright in certain aspects, but he isn't unlucky to not being playing first grade, he had his chances but delivered bugger all.

He can play, but i doubt he is any better then what you have already, thats my point.
Agreed.

Pika

Bench
roopy said:
Lucas Miller and Scott Dobbins from our Flegg side have played NSW u17s, 18s and 19s as second rowers - not to mention the Tupou brothers are a bit hot as well.

Add to that Mark Tafua, and his brother Larry is geting better all the time.

Dont forget Hanan Laban, who is training the house down at the moment.

Big Tim

First Grade
Maybe Smith is looking at pushing Simmo into the front row.

We know he can handle it, and as he gets older I think it would suit our team to have him in a 10 jersey and all these other promising guys in the backrow.

Houston could play centres for mine. He is a very mobile and efficient defender as well. A guy like Wicks could do some damage wider of the ruck. Second row may even be a possibility for him. Taia is somebody to watch and I hope he as good as smithy thinks he is. Simmo could be a possible fornt rower next season as big tim says. Smith has clearly gone for quality depth rather than marquee signings and it will pay dividends around rep time.

roopy

Referee
apparently Zebelon Taia has been replaced in the NSW residents side by a 19 year old from North Sydney.
No explanation given - but maybe he is busy moving house?

keeney

First Grade
I remember him getting busted on racial generalisation before, was thinking it could be more of the same, considering they play different positions and are pretty different looking guys in build and literal looks.

Maybe it's an astute line of reasoning derived from the fact that they both played at Parra.

roopy

Referee
Nothing wrong with his first game for us.
He could have worked a bit harder and maybe look for a pass now and again - but he ran strong and never looked like dropping the ball.

perverse

Referee
roopy said:
Nothing wrong with his first game for us.
He could have worked a bit harder and maybe look for a pass now and again - but he ran strong and never looked like dropping the ball.
geez roops you're a tough judge, i thought he was one of our best tonight:

17 Tackles
0 Missed
13 Hitups
179m gained!
1 offload

have we had a forward make that kind of ground this year previously? excellent performance off the bench imo.. might not even look out of place in the starting squad.. maybe even a new lock if abes doesn't pick up his form?

roopy

Referee
perverse said:
geez roops you're a tough judge, i thought he was one of our best tonight:

17 Tackles
0 Missed
13 Hitups
179m gained!
1 offload

have we had a forward make that kind of ground this year previously? excellent performance off the bench imo.. might not even look out of place in the starting squad.. maybe even a new lock if abes doesn't pick up his form?
those are better stats than i would have thought.

perverse

Referee
roopy said:
those are better stats than i would have thought.
they actually took me a little off guard too. i initially thought he had a good game.. but after checking the stats... he really had a great game. he and sargent were the best of our forwards. snowy also made some nice metres (124 from 11 hitups).

RABK

Referee
f**king impressive

alot better then some of the junk around in the joint

eg tanner.