What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeb Taia

Plays No8 for Parra in the Flegg had another strong game against a big Roosters pack. Very strong in his runs and very hard to put down. His brother Ben is not that bad either. Does anyone know where these Boys are from e.g Junior Club as they weren't originally in the Flegg side in the start of the year.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Are there any Roosters fans here.?....................no........................good.

Ive seen him before hes a good hard runner, just hope he comes really good in the future

Stagger eel

Staff member
Zeb has being playing in Flegg for a couple of seasons know, I think Ben only started this year from SG Ball . Zeb has been injured for most of the year thus the reason why we haven't seen much of him.

The Taia boys are from Blacktown.

ParraMatt

Bench
Ben Taia has played Premier League in his first year, Something that Zeb hasn't, Obviously Ben has more potential.

Hurriflatch

Referee
last year Owen Craigie had played 1st grade and Karmicheal Hunt and Sonny-Bill Williams hadn't so obviously Craigie is better then both

greena

Juniors
Yes, he can run but his defense is woeful. He continues to go for shoulder charges, misses and leaves gaping holes in the defence.

Unless he can do something about his defence quickly I wouldn't be waisting anymore time on him. We have too may players in the lower grades who have problems with their tackling technique including Tim Smith, Fred Peterson, Jeremaih Pai, Feleti Mateo etc.

Utey

Coach
They are both good young prospects. Against the cougars earlier ion the year they both got sent off. They love the biff.

greena

Juniors
Good young prospects indeed. What a load of rubbish. I don't think most of the people who participate in this forum actually watch and read the games.

And by the way, it's great to try and nurture juniors but it has to be remembered that only a small percentage of good flegg players progress to pl, and even less to first grade. There has to be a balance between nurturing the young players and making decisions on their ability and cutting them free if you don't think they will progress. All clubs have to rely on attracting good young players from outside.

Parra had some of the worse years in the 70's when we tried to rely too heavily on our juniors

Eelementary

Post Whore
greena said:
Yes, he can run but his defense is woeful. He continues to go for shoulder charges, misses and leaves gaping holes in the defence.

Unless he can do something about his defence quickly I wouldn't be waisting anymore time on him. We have too may players in the lower grades who have problems with their tackling technique including Tim Smith, Fred Peterson, Jeremaih Pai, Feleti Mateo etc.

First to fix one problem - with Cannings injured, our go forward suffered tremendously. We need good young and fit props who can make good metres. The defence will take care of itself.

Now for Mateo - I didn't notice his defensive problems. In fact, when he played Firsts, I thought he was quite strong defensively?

Who ever thinks Mateo has a defensive problem have to be Joking surely. The bloke tackles nice and hard and rarely misses.

Utey

Coach
I used to bag him about his defense, But against Melbourne he showed me. He looked very competent in both attack and defense. He does everything hard. Hits the ball hard and also defends hard as well. A player to watch.

greena

Juniors
He does work hard in defence and has good stats, it's his one on one defence that lets him down. Against the roosters he missed a number of one on one tackles - just sticking out one arm

Eelementary

Post Whore
greena said:
He does work hard in defence and has good stats, it's his one on one defence that lets him down. Against the roosters he missed a number of one on one tackles - just sticking out one arm

I guess most of the team has been guilty of that at some stage of this season, though.

Latest posts