What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zero Tolerance Night at Parramatta Stadium

fish eel

Immortal
PARRAMATTA Stadium officials have warned misbehaving fans they will be “dealt with severely” by security as the Eels called for calm in the lead-up to Melbourne Storm’s visit on Friday night.

The clash between last year’s grand finalists looms as a chance for fans to vent their fury at the club that cheated the Eels from glory by fielding a team over the salary cap.

The Storm were the target of crowd anger earlier this season in Canberra, and Parramatta Stadium venue manager Luke Coleman said special security arrangements were in place.

“We have zero tolerance as far as behaviour is concerned,” Coleman said.

“People who continually yell abuse and behave in an aggressive manner will be dealt with severely.

“We’re totally open to prosecuting people, as far as the police are concerned.”

Coleman said he and police were liaising on security for the match, which included extra staff and expanded coverage.

Stadium management will use undercover security guards as well as CCTV to monitor the crowd.

“We’ve got intel from Canberra about the incidents there and we are taking precautions,” Coleman said.

“We will be making sure the Storm players are protected and welcome here.”

The security controls came as Eels chief executive Paul Osborne urged supporters to show restraint.

He emailed members to encourage “a positive image” of the club on Friday.

“The Storm fans have been hard-hit innocent bystanders in the current Melbourne Storm situation,” he wrote.

“ ... Secondly, the players do not deserve abuse from any opposing clubs’ supporters. This behaviour only tarnishes the reputation of the opposing clubs’ supporter base.”

One fanatic who heeded the advice was ‘Eel man’ John Kitchener.

Among the most passionate supporters, Kitchener often paints himself in blue and gold for matches.

Yet he will not let emotions overrule his head on Friday.

“I am still a bit bitter about the grand final, but there’s not much I can do,” he said.

“We don’t want to be offensive. It’s footy, you go there to enjoy yourself."* Captain Nathan Cayless and Timana Tahu will play against Melbourne after both lodged early guilty pleas with the NRL judiciary for charges from the 30-0 loss to the Dragons.

http://parramatta-advertiser.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/zero-tolerance-night/

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lets go out of our way to make the Storm feel welcome, i mean they are the innocent victims in all this :roll:

Gronk

Staff member
Anything less than 17000 on Friday will be very disappointing.

by half time there will only be 2,000 left the rest will get thrown out if they are going to be as harsh as that article reads.

strider

Post Whore
People who continually yell abuse and behave in an aggressive manner will be dealt with severely.

mmmm - cos i've never seen that happen at any footy game :-s .... clearly only this one warrants special attention

Gronk

Staff member
I hope the old drunk behind us gets kicked out. Can't quite understand what he says most of the time, but I think he still blames Brian Smith and Daniel Wagon most of the time.

Last edited:

SDM

First Grade
I think Ill give it a miss now actually.

With this sort of build up, the Gorillas with walkie talkies will be itching, and if nothing happens, they will just pick on anyone with passion.

Are we okay to return to being obnoxious jerkoffs next week?

Freak2

Juniors
I don't believe this crap, honestly....

We have every right to voice our opinion. This cap rorting side has knocked us out of the competition in a sudden death game on 3 seperate occassions during the period of rorting and OUR CLUB wants us to not show or voice any sincere emotion????

Passion is what makes this game what it is. To ask passion to be "curved" is a kick in the guts and just makes me even more furious. I'm jack of sitting down and letting this crap continue. The storm have got favour after favour after favour since being introduced into the league and now our club is saying that yes you can feel demorilised but as long as you don't show it!!!!
HOWS f**k OFF SOUND!!

I will be there come Friday telling this bunch of low lifes exactly how I feel and if someone from MY CLUB wants to "curve" my reaction well they can go jump.

Parra Guru

Coach
F**k them.

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+otTIKv6-G3Zl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+XRe056mbADZl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+cefbXMAMKBGl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+UnXWS9E3NJyl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+Wd0b6Do3jvcl.jpg

SDM

First Grade
Yeah, I think I will stay home; emotion + booze = I will do something stupid.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
So some of you turds are thinking of not going just because you're not allowed to abuse the Storm players? LOL losers

How about you go to the game and spend you're energy on cheering for Parramatta instead of worrying about the Storm,pathetic losers.

SDM

First Grade
So some of you turds are thinking of not going just because you're not allowed to abuse the Storm players? LOL losers

How about you go to the game and spend you're energy on cheering for Parramatta instead of worrying about the Storm,pathetic losers.

:lol: You crack me up, commitment +, I would get bored of the dumbf**k act after a week, but you are still going strong.

BissyB

Juniors

You, my friend, are an effin genius.