What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zetland Magpies. Junior League.

newman

First Grade
Hey bunnies fans,

I didnt know where else to ask this. Does anyone know anything about the Zetland Magpies Junior Rugby League club who play in the souths juniors comp?

They just dominated the Souths u12s comp, unbeaten and didnt have a point scored against them in the finals.

There were rumours floating around that they are another districts rep team parachuted into Souths as a training exercise. I see they only have one other team (under 14s who are also on top of div 1). I cant find any info about them online. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Newman.

haha

Juniors
U/12's have development squads, not rep teams like S.G ball and Matts. They are training squads only and would have larger numbers than a single team.

You also need a clearance to go from one district to another and have to be registered to the district that you play reps for. So you can't play in the Souths comp and play reps for Parra, an exception to this is clubs with weak juniors i.e roosters, norths. But you still need to be cleared out of your district to play rep footy then cleared out of rep team to go back to local comp.
This only happens for players who can't make rep teams in their own district.

So it's highly unlikely they are a Rep team from another district, maybe they are just a good team or they have poached good players from other teams.
You could also voice your concerns to the souths junior league, they would know as all the clearance paper work would go through them at registration.

newman

First Grade
Cheers lads.
I found out a bit more (I am familiar with the development squad situation) and it turns out that they are a UNION rep team who have been parachuted in from Bankstown district with a sprinkling of poached kids who are superstars.